Cant even start the game in XP!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP! (XP user / 3.4 GHz / ATI 9800 Pro / 1 Gig Mem)

I've been at this for hours now. What kind of junk is this anyhow?!?!

I loaded the game (twice mind you) and get the same thing all the time. I click on the icon, get the same *&!$@ menu and choose GAME - which I'd like to play sometime this decade!

The menu goes away, the hourglass appears, then it just leaves me hangin' with just the cursor. How nice. I'm glad dropped $50.00 for that!!! :angry:

NOW! Here's what I found. After running the shortcut in 2000 compatibility mode, it seemed to work just dandy.

Is there any way I can run this in XP?

Thanks!

You are running it in XP if changing the compatability mode to 2000 worked.

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

I had this problem as well. For me, it was related to the SafeDisk check that it does everytime you load to make sure your disk is authentic. Some DVD/CD drives are incompatible with this software. It is likely that this is your problem. To fix it either contact obsidian for a workaround...or do what I did and get the no CD crack. www.gamecopyworld. com.

You may want to make sure that you have any Emulation software disabled as well. Clone CD and Nero have been none to cause issues in other games.

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |