Im stuck in JEk JEk Tar

Hey guys The only real problem im having with this game is on Nar Shadaa in Jek JEk Tar. I simply cant move. Ive done all the other missions i can but i cant get past Jek Jek Tar so i havent even seen the ending to the game yet and its driving me crazy!!!

what happens is when i first got to NAr shAda i tried to go in there wearing a breath mask and as soon as i got inside My character would spin in out of control circles..................so i just forgot about that for a time and went and did the rest of the planet

When i went to go to the bar to meet visquis and i talked to mira i had no problem.........Mira moved around the bar fine and didnt spin in circles like my main character, but after she got caught and i was back with my main character i had troubles again, as soon as i set foot in Jek JEk tar with my character my movement keys no longer worked, the only way i could move around was by clicking on the various guys to attack, and even then it was still a slide show

so right now im in jek jek tar and i cant move at all which is at least a refreshing change from spinning in circles

can someone help please?

well i just did that and there good news and bad news..................the good news is i can now move but its back to its ridiculously sparatic thing were it spins in circles and freezes up

but hey at least its an improvement from not moving at all

lol thanks fro the help but you have any other suggestions??

I never tried going in there with only a breather mask. I didn't think you could unless you were wearing an environment suit. (At least everyone else tells you that. That the gas is capable of being absorbed through the skin) So is it possible that you are going in there & being killed from the gas but a glitch is preventing that from happening?

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

sorry gman2 didnt read your post till after..............

um no thats not my problem anymore i forgot about doing that , where i am right now is right after mira has gone in with the enviromental suit and now my pc is trying to go and rescue her

im using the force breathe and everything but im completely out of control, i cant even get to the next room with all the gand,

its stupid though because it worked fine for mira but it just doesnt work for my npc

anyways thanks for the help any other suggestions?

Ahh...Ok...that makes sense now. LOL! I thought you were trying to get in there prior to Mira going in first.

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

Not that this helps - but I went in there early on with armour with biorestorative underlay and some other health stuff in solo mode and didnt die. I got poisoned but my health bar didnt drop one jot. Just ran around and emptied all the chemical containers without being attacked and left. Go figure !!

well i just did that and there good news and bad news..................the good news is i can now move but its back to its ridiculously sparatic thing were it spins in circles and freezes up

but hey at least its an improvement from not moving at all

lol thanks fro the help but you have any other suggestions??

You can try to reconfigurate the WASD buttons to the up-down-left-right buttons or if you changed it from WASD change it back to WASD.

It looks like either left or right is detected as pressed the whole time and maybe if you change the buttons for those it will stop. (no idea why, or if it is so, but it looks that way)

Doesn't hurt trying atleast...

(Advice: post this bug also in the Sticky Bug Thread)

That's all I can think off, at any rate...

There are huge glitches in the entire Jek Jek Tar sequence:

1) Mira and everyone claims you need an environmental suit... Yet when she enters (once she knocks your player out) she isn't wearing one, yet Visquis tells her to remove it so he can speak to her?!

This is obviously sloppy coding.

2) You can go into the Jek Jek Tar -- If you take the sidequest to get the Captain to return to his crew -- With just a breath mask (that you should have gotten on Peragus) and never take any damage whatsoever.

You can also use the breathmask in the Jek Jek Tar when you assault the place and don't even have to use the Jedi Breathing power that uses up Force Points.

I don't know if this is a glitch, or intended since it is obvious the game is designed where the Jek Jek Tar is supposed to poision your character, so that is probably why you can use a breath mask even if you're supposed to use Force Breathe.

3) Some people have reported that if you equip a breath mask before the cut-scene where Mira talks to you and gasses you... That your character actually won't fall unconscious and the game basically stops (it won't continue past that point).

This game needs a serious patch and is just an example of a bad console to PC port in my opinion.