Basilisk Wardroid

Guest Damar Stiehl

Like I give a crap about what the devs thing. At least Bioware had a respect for continuity. One mess up, ONE, in KOTOR. The valley, and the real one was to big to fit in anyway.

The general consensus HERE. The REAL star Wars Boards KNOW what a Basilisk War Droid is.

I need not sway anyone, because the Beast is a Basilisk War Droid and the Virago is not. Continuity says so, and in the game it is a Mistake. That will either be fixed by Dark Horse or the Holocron.

Though next time, Obsidian whould respect continuity.l

Oh man, get over yourself. You're a hypocrite. So you're saying it's fine for Bioware to make a continuity screw-up but Obsidian isn't allowed one? According to your prior elitist stuff, that should indicate that Bioware is also to blame.

In any case, these games are made to try and please a wider audience than just Star Wars elitist geeks. Sometimes changes are made to create a more acceptable product or to appeal more to everyone playing. Star Wars itself is fraught with continuity errors everywhere in the EU and non-EU, so crying bloody murder over this is old news anyway.

Besides, if your intention was to bring this to light for Obsidian to address, then you've made your point. By beating this thing like a dead horse, you're just weakening your own side, and making yourself look like a fanatic.... and you SHOULD give a crap about what Obsidian devs think because if they do end up handling the third game, then they'll have the last word about all of this.

Like I give a crap about what the devs thing. At least Bioware had a respect for continuity. One mess up, ONE, in KOTOR. The valley, and the real one was to big to fit in anyway.

The general consensus HERE. The REAL star Wars Boards KNOW what a Basilisk War Droid is.

I need not sway anyone, because the Beast is a Basilisk War Droid and the Virago is not. Continuity says so, and in the game it is a Mistake. That will either be fixed by Dark Horse or the Holocron.

Though next time, Obsidian whould respect continuity.l

Oh man, get over yourself. You're a hypocrite. So you're saying it's fine for Bioware to make a continuity screw-up but Obsidian isn't allowed one? According to your prior elitist stuff, that should indicate that Bioware is also to blame.

In any case, these games are made to try and please a wider audience than just Star Wars elitist geeks. Sometimes changes are made to create a more acceptable product or to appeal more to everyone playing. Star Wars itself is fraught with continuity errors everywhere in the EU and non-EU, so crying bloody murder over this is old news anyway.

Besides, if your intention was to bring this to light for Obsidian to address, then you've made your point. By beating this thing like a dead horse, you're just weakening your own side, and making yourself look like a fanatic.... and you SHOULD give a crap about what Obsidian devs think because if they do end up handling the third game, then they'll have the last word about all of this.

Not Bioware made a mistake they had no choice in making. Obsidain made 5, and they had the choice.

THey had the choice to leave the Nagai 4000 years in the future, to leave Sadow on Yavin, and to make the right Basilisk War Droid.

And most of the continuity errors are fixed, or being fixed.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Very good, I'm glad ,but your Virago ain't **** to continuity. That's what counts, the Beast is continuity.

This reminds of whatshisname from PS:T, Giscorl ? The guy who keeps following rituals for rituals sake and forget what the purpose behind them was.

Why stick to continuity if it's counterproductive to improvement ?

For one the Virago isn't an improvement over the Beast. For the beast would destroy that thing.

Continuity is continuity.

The tuk'ata beast in TOTJ looked like dogs with little bug legs on their heads. Dark Horse took that an improved upon it, making the Tuk'ata a bad ass looking Sith hound. Though the concept was the same.

Same thing could have been done with this Basilisk War Droid, but ti wasn't. It's a continuity mistake.

Continuity is continuity.

Exactly :-

I rest my case :)"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I can sympathize with Darth Nuke 'cause I think I understand where he's coming from. I think he's saying that you can't just break pre-established continuity because it looks stupid. Imagine Lucas changing Darth Vader's helmet in episode III because fans had thought it looked stupid in Ep IV-VI - there would be an uproar. To a lesser extent, hardcore E.U. fans like Darth Nuke may feel a similar way in regards to the virago basilisk.

-----

You know, when you think about it, it does look like a cross between a mole and a lobster. It's too damn funny  :lol:  I wish I could've seen it in the game  :lol:

If the hanger doors opened and there was some sort of mutant mole lobster behind it I would have been.

:blink: <_< :ermm::huh::o:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hypothetically, if it was a cross between a mole & a lobster, it wouldn't be a mutant mole lobster - but a mobster.

*hangar door opens*

mobster.gif"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

NOW, that would have made be more shocked/surprised than that virago! :D

manthing2.jpg

Lucasfilm approved the "Virago" Basilisk. On first pass too.

End of story.

and that doesn't mean it's continuity, for not a month later they approve once and for all that the Beast is the Basilisk War Droid. The beast along with everything in the Mandalorian Article went into the holocron. Now the Basilisk War Droid has forever a form, and it isn't the Virago. They might try to fit the Virago in somewhere, or they might get rid of it through adaptation or other means.

That's how it goes in the EU :blink:

Hypothetically, if it was a cross between a mole & a lobster, it wouldn't be a mutant mole lobster - but a mobster. 

So Candy was getting red-hot while riding Marlin Brando...bad mental image. :blink:

Anyway, if they did use the molelobster for K2, it's not as if we would have seen it in motion. They couldn't really have a movie scene of the player character riding it down to the surface, because you can't have the player character in the scene - unless they made a scene for each player model, or at least for each other character you take with you. They might have done it in a cutscene, but it wouldn't have looked good. Probably the best they could have done was to make it another turret sequence.

And before anyone says that they could have those movie scenes it if they didn't rush it, just remember that due to Lucasart's release date, they would have had to have removed something else to have enough time to finish those scenes.

As it is, it works. I'm sure that most of the players would have no idea what it is supposed to look like, so there shouldn't be a problem.

And if Lucasart's really cared about what it was supposed to look like, they would have changed it while they were playtesting it.

and that doesn't mean it's continuity, for not a month later they approve once and for all that the Beast is the Basilisk War Droid.

All right...since they approved K1 after TotJ, then the Valley of the Dark Lords is officially correct in k1.

The beast along with everything in the Mandalorian Article went into the holocron. Now the Basilisk War Droid has forever a form, and it isn't the Virago. They might try to fit the Virago in somewhere, or they might get rid of it through adaptation or other means.

There is no such thing as the "holocron" which you mentioned, or I couldn't find it. Either one. And if they got rid of the Virago, then it's not exactly continuity, is it? You said before it got into continuity as a stealth version?

and that doesn't mean it's continuity, for not a month later they approve once and for all that the Beast is the Basilisk War Droid.

All right...since they approved K1 after TotJ, then the Valley of the Dark Lords is officially correct in k1.

The beast along with everything in the Mandalorian Article went into the holocron. Now the Basilisk War Droid has forever a form, and it isn't the Virago. They might try to fit the Virago in somewhere, or they might get rid of it through adaptation or other means.

There is no such thing as the "holocron" which you mentioned, or I couldn't find it. Either one. And if they got rid of the Virago, then it's not exactly continuity, is it? You said before it got into continuity as a stealth version?

The holocron, sweet cakes, isn't something your going to find on the web. Not unless you can hack into LFL files. But if you want proof, head over to the OS forums, where they will gladly tell you what the holocron is.

They approved KOTOR 1 as continuity, the Valley isn't continuity, KOTOR 2 is continuity, but the Basilisk isn't. For instance LFL has already decided KOTOR went lightside. So offically no matter what the KOTOR games do, the Darkside will never become continuity. :blink:

The Valley of the Dark Lords is officaly as it is in the TOTJ comics, and will soon be seen again in Tales 23. Can't wait for it. Once that happens the Original Valley will officaly replace the KOTOR one, unless added into continuity in some form. It won't be the Valley, but it might become a storage area or something.

Well I must confess, I only assume the article speaks of the Stealth Basilisk from KOTOR 2, it doesn't actually say it.

The holocron, sweet cakes, isn't something your going to find on the web. Not unless you can hack into LFL files. But if you want proof, head over to the OS forums, where they will gladly tell you what the holocron is.

I see. So I should believe a forum for official continuity, when there is no physical proof for all intents and purposes. But since we are in this forum, I'll go with the Virago Basilisk.

They approved KOTOR 1 as continuity, the Valley isn't continuity, KOTOR 2 is continuity, but the Basilisk isn't. For instance LFL has already decided KOTOR went lightside. So offically no matter what the KOTOR  games do, the Darkside will never become continuity. :shifty:

How the **** do you know the K1 Valley isn't continuity? And yes, according to the databank the SF was destroyed. But if you click on one of the links, it says that it's up to the player to choose.

The Valley of the Dark Lords is officaly as it is in the TOTJ comics, and will soon be seen again in Tales 23. Can't wait for it. Once that happens the Original Valley will officaly replace the KOTOR  one, unless added into continuity in some form. It won't be the Valley, but it might become a storage area or something.

You don't know that. Unless you send some actual proof that the Valley according to ToTJ is depicted in Tales, I will still continue to think that K1 Valley is continuity. After all, for all you know, in a future game/book/comic book the basilisk from K2 might make an appearance, not the Beast.

I see. So I should believe a forum for official continuity, when there is no physical proof for all intents and purposes. But since we are in this forum, I'll go with the Virago Basilisk.

They approved KOTOR 1 as continuity, the Valley isn't continuity, KOTOR 2 is continuity, but the Basilisk isn't. For instance LFL has already decided KOTOR went lightside. So offically no matter what the KOTOR  games do, the Darkside will never become continuity. :shifty:

How the **** do you know the K1 Valley isn't continuity? And yes, according to the databank the SF was destroyed. But if you click on one of the links, it says that it's up to the player to choose.

The Valley of the Dark Lords is officaly as it is in the TOTJ comics, and will soon be seen again in Tales 23. Can't wait for it. Once that happens the Original Valley will officaly replace the KOTOR  one, unless added into continuity in some form. It won't be the Valley, but it might become a storage area or something.

You don't know that. Unless you send some actual proof that the Valley according to ToTJ is depicted in Tales, I will still continue to think that K1 Valley is continuity. After all, for all you know, in a future game/book/comic book the basilisk from K2 might make an appearance, not the Beast.

If you go to the forum you will speak to a man called Leland Chee who is in charge of the Holocron. Oh and the Offical Site is run by LFL by the way, so everything on their is offical.

Because it isn't. Jedi Academy has the Original Valley, TOTJ has the original Valley, the Essential guide planets has the original Valley. The TOTJ is the offical Valley, and that's how the **** I know.

Son, I know how continuity works, I'm a EU fan, as such I've seen how the ball roles. The Valley in TOTJ is the offical Valley, and the only reason the offical one wasn't in KOTOR was because it was to big. But no fear from what I've seen from continuity over the years, the KOTOR valley will become something else. What, I don't know. Perhaps a garbage dumb or something.

Tales 23 will again have the offical Valley, but I would fear at least KOTOR did at least make offical what the Dantooine enclave looked like. :geek:

Well if Lucasarts accepts OE's Basilisk war droid as legit then that's final isn't it? I mean there are some things that have been changed in the Star Wars universe over the years, some are good, some are bad (an example of bad being the midi-chlorians IMHO) but they're now part of the universe, so either you accept it or you don't. If the EU believes the Basilisk war droid to look like a "Molelobster" so be it.

You have pointed out a good point though that Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment had a different idea of what the Basilisk war droid was to look like. Since you never got to really see the Basilisk war droid in KOTOR 1 I'm assuming Lucasarts let it slide when Mandalore described the experience in a few sentences...

Well if Lucasarts accepts OE's Basilisk war droid as legit then that's final isn't it? I mean there are some things that have been changed in the Star Wars universe over the years, some are good, some are bad (an example of bad being the midi-chlorians IMHO) but they're now part of the universe, so either you accept it or you don't. If the EU believes the Basilisk war droid to look like a "Molelobster" so be it.

You have pointed out a good point though that Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment had a different idea of what the Basilisk war droid was to look like. Since you never got to really see the Basilisk war droid in KOTOR 1 I'm assuming Lucasarts let it slide when Mandalore described the experience in a few sentences...

Well then so be it, because LFL has already deemed the Molelobster the Basilisk War Droid.

MK2 

It's a damn Mk10 compared to that Virago. The Beast has 10 times the power of that pissy Virago. All it can do is fire laser, the Beast and fire a shot from it's generating rods that can pierce Capital Ship armor. It has bombs that can flow space stations to hell. IT's even good on the ground.

What is this Virago compared to the Beast? Nothing.

I think you should stop dissing the Virago. The relative power level is quite irrelevant to this discussion. Personally, I think a starfighter custom built for the third most powerful being in the galaxy would run circles around some antique molelobster design, but this is also irrelevant.

I hope the topic starter has learned why it's a bad idea to start a BWD discussion.

SODOFF Steam group.