Basilisk Wardroid

Guest Damar Stiehl

Well, obviously the original Basilisk War Droid was a molelobster. It was originally invented when the first of the Mandalores tried to make an early version of the Clone Wars, but using an army of giant moles and lobsters instead of himself. The cloning proccess got messed up, creating a molelobster creature, which died ten seconds later because it figured it looked stupid. Mandalore then decided to make the Basilisk War Droid, in honour of the sacrifice of the original molelobster.

Canderous, the new Mandalore, however, figured it was stupid. When he rode on the molelobster to destroy the planet, he thought to himself "What am I doing on this thing? And are they all laughing at me down there? I didnt invent the damn thing! DIE!". After he became Mandalore, he figured that in order to keep the Mandalorian pride, he changed the molelobster to Basilisk War Droid MkII.

That is the origin of the basilisk war droid  :cool:

Actually the Basilisk wasn't created by the Mandalorians, it was created by the Basilikans. Oh an they are modeled after Zalorian Rock-Lions and Karren bettles. Oh, and Canderous seemed to really enjoy riding the stupid beast from his stories. He thought it was exciting an fun, unlike the lame Virago.

Mark 2, LOL, the Beast would **** that thing up.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

well its obvious that you do love them...

I read the Fall of the Sith comics and yeah 213374U is right, I couldn't figure out what's it all about, a civilization capable of hyperdrive yet unable to manufacture decent handheld weapons or clothes for that matter... Like what a forum about kotorII fanart said... "they had hyperdrive, turbolasers and everything except wonderbra.."

The ultimate Mandolorian deterent....

MELTED BUTTER !!!!

Thats the mistake all those planets made, you dont need shields just a big bowl of melted butter that can be seem from orbit.

Actually the Mandalorian armor is the best in the galaxy, and can withstand re-entry heat. Perhaps Unpractical, but it's continuity.

I guess all kinds of ideas get their own fundamentalists and extremists...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I read the Fall of the Sith comics and yeah 213374U is right, I couldn't figure out what's it all about, a civilization capable of hyperdrive yet unable to manufacture decent handheld weapons or clothes for that matter... Like what a forum about kotorII fanart said... "they had hyperdrive, turbolasers and everything except wonderbra.."

Well as long as he dosnt go diggging up moles and stitching them to lobster tails who cares.

If the molelobster is anything to go by a lot of the EU stuff was created at a bong party.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well as long as he dosnt go diggging up moles and stitching them to lobster tails who cares.

If the molelobster is anything to go by a lot of the EU stuff was created at a bong party.

Zalorian Rock-Lion and Karren bettle.

Basilisk war droid...

50286.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well it might look stupid, but at least the Mandalorians will be flying something powerful. Unlike the Virago.

So you acknowledge it looks stupid then.

No, I think it looks cool and represents the Mandalorians very well as insane warriors. The Beast is the Basilisk War Droid, your Virago is just a dream that will soon be corrected. And boy will I be having me some fun on this board when it is.

Oh god... can some mod please lock this thread or something? There's already another crazy thread of this nature... and in any case, nothing constructive will come out of this eternal argument. Whether good choice or not, the droid is how it is, and saying mean stuff to to developer who made the choice is certainly not going to garner you any pull with them about changing things.

The general consensus is that people like the basilisk the way it is presented, so you're not going to sway everyone into some mass riot over the topic... either let it go, or if you're so mad then mod it yourself so you can see that lobster-thing whenever you like.

No, I think it looks cool and represents the Mandalorians very well as insane warriors. The Beast is the Basilisk War Droid, your Virago is just a dream that will soon be corrected. And boy will I be having me some fun on this board when it is.

You just typed that it looked stupid.

Well since I have no fear of someone coming along and forcilbly inserting it into my copy of KOTOR II I wont be losing sleep over that.

You missing the point anyway whether it's unoffical and stupid or official and stupid does not change that it is stupid.

So approval means nothing to me.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Oh god... can some mod please lock this thread or something?  There's already another crazy thread of this nature...  and in any case, nothing constructive will come out of this eternal argument.  Whether good choice or not, the droid is how it is, and saying mean stuff to to developer who made the choice is certainly not going to garner you any pull with them about changing things. 

The general consensus is that people like the basilisk the way it is presented, so you're not going to sway everyone into some mass riot over the topic...  either let it go, or if you're so mad then mod it yourself so you can see that lobster-thing whenever you like.

Like I give a crap about what the devs thing. At least Bioware had a respect for continuity. One mess up, ONE, in KOTOR. The valley, and the real one was to big to fit in anyway.

The general consensus HERE. The REAL star Wars Boards KNOW what a Basilisk War Droid is.

I need not sway anyone, because the Beast is a Basilisk War Droid and the Virago is not. Continuity says so, and in the game it is a Mistake. That will either be fixed by Dark Horse or the Holocron.

Though next time, Obsidian whould respect continuity.l

You just typed that it looked stupid.

Well since I have no fear of someone coming along and forcilbly inserting it into my copy of KOTOR II I wont be losing sleep over that.

You missing the point anyway whether it's unoffical and stupid or official and stupid does not change that it is stupid.

So approval means nothing to me.

Very good, I'm glad ,but your Virago ain't **** to continuity. That's what counts, the Beast is continuity.

Like I give a crap about what the devs thing. At least Bioware had a respect for continuity. One mess up, ONE, in KOTOR. The valley, and the real one was to big to fit in anyway.

The general consensus HERE. The REAL star Wars Boards KNOW what a Basilisk War Droid is.

I need not sway anyone, because the Beast is a Basilisk War Droid and the Virago is not. Continuity says so, and in the game it is a Mistake. That will either be fixed by Dark Horse or the Holocron.

Though next time, Obsidian whould respect continuity.l

Well the devs are the ones with the power to include things. You on the other hand, well you can post until your fingers bleed but that wont change what went into KOTOR II.

Unless of course they decide a flying molelobster is stupid too and change it to something else.

If something is stupid it's best to ignore it rather than to propagate it. As you yourself have alredy said it looks stupid Obsidian got it right. Whatever fantasies you might have involving the molelobster are not their primary concern.

478327[/snapback]

Very good, I'm glad ,but your Virago ain't **** to continuity. That's what counts, the Beast is continuity.

This reminds of whatshisname from PS:T, Giscorl ? The guy who keeps following rituals for rituals sake and forget what the purpose behind them was.

Why stick to continuity if it's counterproductive to improvement ?

Uh? "REAL SW boards"?

Boy, you really do need to get out more. :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.