Basilisk Wardroid

Guest Damar Stiehl

You know, when you think about it, it does look like a cross between a mole and a lobster. It's too damn funny  :lol:  I wish I could've seen it in the game  :lol:

If the hanger doors opened and there was some sort of mutant mole lobster behind it I would have been.

:- <_< :lol::huh::o:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would have had no reaction, because I know what a Basilisk War Droid is. It would have been common nature to see the beast than that DAMN weak Virago.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

I'm sensing some hostilities in the air...

Maybe we can settle for it being a Basilisk War Droid MkII?

The Molelobster is a Baslisk War Droid MkI?

Maybe Mandalore likes convertables?  :-

Convertables rock, as long as you have the weather for it.

Somewhere on the other thread someone said the thing in the hanger has been called the stealth version. Since I care nothing about the EU I cant verify that.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

LOL

No problem solved. A basilisk is rode on not in.

In order to have a roof you have to have sides, or the roof just sort of falls on top of you.

A Basilisk War Droid doesn't have sides. You ride it like you would a horse.

But I think we agreed that's the older model! The new one is an improved convertable! Maybe Mandalore doesnt like horses? Come on! :D

MK2 :lol:

It's a damn Mk10 compared to that Virago. The Beast has 10 times the power of that pissy Virago. All it can do is fire laser, the Beast and fire a shot from it's generating rods that can pierce Capital Ship armor. It has bombs that can flow space stations to hell. IT's even good on the ground.

What is this Virago compared to the Beast? Nothing.

A Basilisk War Droid doesn't have sides. You ride it like you would a horse.

Yes but if you wanted to add a roof sides would be a requirement. Roofs dont just hang in midair. The need support from sides, or walls.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Convertables rock, as long as you have the weather for it.

Somewhere on the other thread someone said the thing in the hanger has been called the stealth version. Since I care nothing about the EU I cant verify that.

And what's a better weather than descending down the burning atmosphere of a planet, having your surroundings melting about you in temperatures no living being was meant to face, only to crash in the middle of a ruined battleground, pulling out your blaster rifle, and shooting down everything that moves? Huh huh? (w00t)

Lets see... I have this Mole-Lobster that some comic book artist came up with... How do I make it look deadly and less silly ?...

Right, scrap the Marvel universe version and make a Starwarsy version of it, continuity be damned (which few cares about anyway) :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

MK2

It's a damn Mk10 compared to that Virago. The Beast has 10 times the power of that pissy Virago. All it can do is fire laser, the Beast and fire a shot from it's generating rods that can pierce Capital Ship armor. It has bombs that can flow space stations to hell. IT's even good on the ground.

And what's a better weather than descending down the burning atmosphere of a planet, having your surroundings melting about you in temperatures no living being was meant to face, only to crash in the middle of a ruined battleground, pulling out your blaster rifle, and shooting down everything that moves? Huh huh?  (w00t)

The armour you would need for that would be impractial to say the least. Remember the shots of the imperial space troopers? They looked like boxes.

Not to mention any sort of concussive blast knocking you flying unless your welded to the thing.

Mind you I heard that some of the EU have space ships with sails, so credibility, probably not a big issue.

478327[/snapback]

Maybe Mandalore likes convertables?  :geek:

Well, duh! It's a convertable! :D

No it's a Basilisk War Droid, far better than that Virago star viper. Improved,lol, please the Beast would nuke that ****ing thing in seconds.

Oh,and Mandalorian iron is the best in the galaxy, it doesn't melt. Tis why Mandalorians on top of their fearless droids can ride into the atmo with no problem.

And what's a better weather than descending down the burning atmosphere of a planet, having your surroundings melting about you in temperatures no living being was meant to face, only to crash in the middle of a ruined battleground, pulling out your blaster rifle, and shooting down everything that moves? Huh huh?  (w00t)

The armour you would need for that would be impractial to say the least. Remember the shots of the imperial space troopers? They looked like boxes.

Not to mention any sort of concussive blast knocking you flying unless your welded to the thing.

Mind you I heard that some of the EU have space ships with sails, so credibility, probably not a big issue.

Spaceships with sails are cool. Everyone know chicks dig sailors :geek:

sails, if I remember right a sun generates particles thrown into space at sub-light speeds but generally faster than any rocket... place a sail to capture those, sails that look generally the same as sail boats then you got acceleration for free.. no engine no fuel cost..

now to the droids, practical uses.. unless they develop super armors that can withstan heat in re-entry and not blaster fire.. I thiink the basilisk look was practical...

but... personally I was hoping for a mobile suit, candy's description made me think of a gundam/mechwarrior type modile that you pilot... but that's just me :geek:

"Nah, chicks dig giant robots."

plus that too...

sails, if I remember right a sun generates particles thrown into space at sub-light speeds but generally faster than any rocket... place a sail to capture those, sails that look generally the same as sail boats then you got acceleration for free.. no engine no fuel cost..

now to the droids, practical uses.. unless they develop super armors that can withstan heat in re-entry and not blaster fire.. I thiink the basilisk look was practical...

but... personally I was hoping for a mobile suit, candy's description made me think of a gundam/mechwarrior type modile that you pilot... but that's just me ;)

"Nah, chicks dig giant robots."

plus that too...

Lum lum, STAR WARS ISN'T PRACTICAL. Mandalorian armor is developed to withstand heat in re-entry.

The beast is the Basilisk War Droid. Like it or not.