Basilisk Wardroid

Guest Damar Stiehl

Guest Damar Stiehl

If you remember talking to Candyman in KOTOR1, he tells you about assaulting one or another planet on a Basilisk. He describes it as "riding" the droid. In SW EU comics, Mandalorians are shown riding machines that I assume was Basilisks. In both cases, the rider literally sits on top of the machine in a saddle. Very Mandalorian, I think.

However in TSL you get that... THING... that looks like Prince Xizor's fighter, and you sit INSIDE it. I was a bit disappointed by the inconsistency. How would something like that slip through? :lol:

Good point... maybe because it was modified for three people or something...

The basilisk still looked cool, though, in spite the fact it doesnt look like a droid at all. I expected a large protocol droid with guns :p

They sorta kinda almost got the shape right... Hey, you only use it once, so it's not like there was a battle with them. THAT would have bugged me, with the slight incontinuity... I'll let slight errors be, and pretend that the Valley of the Dark Lords is in the right shape... Oh, well, videogames are never perfect...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I'd like to care but I dont :p

Beyond the movies and reading the first trilogy novels when they were released I dont know anything about it.

You ride in a car anyway and it has a roof:). And six cm's of armour as personal suit just seems nonsense.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

They sorta kinda almost got the shape right... Hey, you only use it once, so it's not like there was a battle with them. THAT would have bugged me, with the slight incontinuity... I'll let slight errors be, and pretend that the Valley of the Dark Lords is in the right shape... Oh, well, videogames are never perfect...

I personally wouldn't call it close, not even with "sorta's", "kinda's" or "almost's".

The Essential Guide for Droids shows this rendition of a Basilisk:

basilisk.jpg

<_< This has already been done to death, man. Just because you have the 'right' to do so, doesn't mean you should, or even that it is in good taste. We can start a big discussion about how a company changed something to suit their tastes, but ultimately, it was their decision. If you don't like it, well... tough. Best you could do is pretend it never happened.

-Ben

Guest Damar Stiehl

Look at this post.

Then look slightly left, at my avatar.

Does that look like the face of a man who gives two dead rat's asses about what you think he should or shouldn't do?

Right.

Oh please not the awful looking molelobster again..

Regardless it is a Basilisk War Droid. Not to stupid actually. A lack of respect for continuity is what that VIRAGO is.

Basilisk War Droids are called WAR MOUNTs, that Viraga isn't a War Mount. Because you can mount it.

You RIDE ON Basilisk, not in Basilisk. You ride in a car, not on a car. Canderous rode ON his basilisk, and entered the atmo with only his armor as protection. So clearly the very well researched writer of KOTOR, knew his ****, and implied the Beast as the Basilisk War Droid.

Of course this all matters not. A basilisk is a war mount, beast. Continuity as deemed it so, not this ****ing Virago.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

"However in TSL you get that... THING... that looks like Prince Xizor's fighter, and you sit INSIDE it. I was a bit disappointed by the inconsistency. How would something like that slip through?"

Because Christopher thought it looked stupid. It wasn't a mistake, CHRIS meant to do it like that.

Oh please not the awful looking molelobster again..

Regardless it is a Basilisk War Droid. Not to stupid actually. A lack of respect for continuity is what that VIRAGO is.

Basilisk War Droids are called WAR MOUNTs, that Viraga isn't a War Mount. Because you can mount it.

You RIDE ON Basilisk, not in Basilisk. You ride in a car, not on a car. Canderous rode ON his basilisk, and entered the atmo with only his armor as protection. So clearly the very well researched writer of KOTOR, knew his ****, and implied the Beast as the Basilisk War Droid.

Of course this all matters not. A basilisk is a war mount, beast. Continuity as deemed it so, not this ****ing Virago.

You are indeed a very sad person.

Look at this post.

Then look slightly left, at my avatar.

Does that look like the face of a man who gives two dead rat's asses about what you think he should or shouldn't do?

Right.

Oh yeah? I'm exercising my God-given right to post here, so you can like it or not :-" See what I mean?

-Ben

Allow me not to care. It looks stupid thats all there is to it. A cross between a mole and lobster is an idiot design for a spacecraft. Kudos for Chris for ignoring it and going with something that made sense.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Allow me not to care. It looks stupid thats all there is to it. A cross between a mole and lobster is an idiot design for a spacecraft. Kudos for Chris for ignoring it and going with something that made sense.

You know, when you think about it, it does look like a cross between a mole and a lobster. It's too damn funny :- I wish I could've seen it in the game :lol:

Who gives a **** whether you care or not? and actually it doesn't make sense, because for it to make sense it would have to connect with Canderous discription and it doesn't. What makes sense to Star Wars, and what makes sense to 3 or 4 sources, is that the Basilisk War Droid is a beast. I'm sorry you don't like the way it looks, but I don't like the way some of the creatures in Star Wars look in KOTOR. Yet all thos creatures were in their continuity likeness. Bioware had a respect, Obsidian did not.

You know, when you think about it, it does look like a cross between a mole and a lobster. It's too damn funny  :lol:  I wish I could've seen it in the game  :lol:

If the hanger doors opened and there was some sort of mutant mole lobster behind it I would have been.

:- <_< :lol::huh::o:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

478327[/snapback]

Who gives a **** whether you care or not? and actually it doesn't make sense, because for it to make sense it would have to connect with Canderous discription and it doesn't. What makes sense to Star Wars, and what makes sense to 3 or 4 sources, is that the Basilisk War Droid is a beast. I'm sorry you don't like the way it looks, but I don't like the way some of the creatures in Star Wars look in KOTOR. Yet all thos creatures were in their continuity likeness. Bioware had a respect, Obsidian did not.

They stuck a roof on it. Problem solved.

478327[/snapback]

They stuck a roof on it. Problem solved.

LOL

No problem solved. A basilisk is rode on not in.