Patch

It's a double-edged sword.  The PC version started off buggier, and will end up with fewer bugs in the end, than the Xbox version.

By which time I will have long since moved on to other things. The only bug I came across in 4 plays was using the airspeeder wouldnt trigger a certain cutscene on Nar Shadar.

KOTOR on the hand had that rather nasty gamestopper on the Leviathon.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It's better to wait a bit than having a rushed patch which does not solve all technical issues. If there is resampled musics and some corrections to the end to have a more coherent one, it is for the best and it would have been worth to wait so "long".

MCA wrote in some topic which was deleted for some unknown reasons that the patch would fix solely technical issues. Later he wrote that they asked LucasArts for some kind of content patch, which is why the thread was deleted later on: He practically admitted that the game was rushed.

I wouldn't hold my breath that we will ever get the cut content, but hope dies last and in some shadowy corner of my mind a hope lingers that this massive delay is caused by the fact that LucasArts allowed them to include the missing ending at least and it takes additional time to test it.

I fear though that LA gave them only funds for one patch and OE is trying to squeeze as many fixes as possible into this patch, without any option for further conent patches.

As I heard it (weeks ago) it was already in QA.

Quite odd they (most likely) jack KOTOR 2 through QA in a week or such (looking at the amount of bugs and cut-off story) but the patch seems to get a REAL long testrun.

Dudes, if you wanted it bugless, you should have tested it thoroughly before the shipping, not now with some patch...!!!

The longer it takes, the more I believe LA's QA is build of Chimps under supervision of kumquatq3...

I was able to play it without a patch and loved it, but had a few minor issues here and there and felt the story was somehow missing something.

I'm happy they are doing a patch and taking the time to make it good. :)

I hope they do a content patch too. :D

I think Obsidian/MCA deserves to have their content be how they think it should be - its good enough to justify that consideration - and I think we will all benefit if they get to make it more that way.

Lucas changes his work to make it more reflect his intent.

Why shouldn't LA/Obsidian do the same? :thumbsup:

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

MCA wrote in some topic which was deleted for some unknown reasons that the patch would fix solely technical issues. Later he wrote that they asked LucasArts for some kind of content patch, which is why the thread was deleted later on: He practically admitted that the game was rushed.

I'd been looking for that statement; I'd seen it refered to in a few places.

It will be excellent if cut content is restored. However, I must agree that holding much hope in the possiblity isn't wise at the moment. The post was deleted, after all.

Lucas changes his work to make it more reflect his intent.

Why shouldn't LA/Obsidian do the same?

Because when Lucas does it we get ewoks and Jar Jar Binks.

Do not call up that which you cannot put down...

Hey, don't knock Ewoks or Jar Jar! Without them, the lightsabers and the Force, it's...it's...Star Trek. :'(

manthing2.jpg

All this talk about "soon" and "now" reminds me of a certain film:

HELMET: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?

SANDURZ: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.

HELMET: What happened to then?

SANDURZ: We passed then?

HELMET: When?

SANDURZ: Just now. We're at now, now.

HELMET: Go back to then.

SANDURZ: When?

HELMET: Now.

SANDURZ: Now?

SANDURZ: I can't.

HELMET: Why?

SANDURZ: We missed it.

SANDURZ: Just now.

HELMET: When will then be now?

SANDURZ: Soon.

HELMET: How soon?

Or the Temple of Elemental Evil... :p

I don't remember if they ever claimed a patch would be out "soon", but I do remember that it took FOREVER!

I just hope this doesn't turn into another ToEE. Too much cut material and a desperately needed patch which came out too late to save any future the game may have had...

All this talk about "soon" and "now" reminds me of a certain film:

HELMET: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?

SANDURZ: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.

HELMET: What happened to then?

SANDURZ: We passed then?

SANDURZ: Just now. We're at now, now.

HELMET: Go back to then.

SANDURZ: When?

SANDURZ: Now?

SANDURZ: I can't.

HELMET: Why?

SANDURZ: We missed it.

SANDURZ: Just now.

HELMET: When will then be now?

SANDURZ: Soon.

HELMET: How soon?

are you quoting space balls

I'm sternly resisting the temptation of playing the game without the patch, but I don't know how further I can hold my ground :). I know that it's quite playable without it, but I'm used to wait for an eventual patch (or patches) for any game I purchase just to have the best possible experience.

I still have a faint glimmer of hope for the so called "content patch" but I don't think I will be able to wait for that as well if it ever happens ;)

Oh, and by the way, I'm also trying to dribble the spoilers here and there on this "General Forum" that, in my opinion, has waaay too many spoilers in it (some concealed, and that is good, but some not, unfortunately :p ).

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV