How persuasive does the Exile need to be?

How much Persuasion skill does the Exile need in order not to miss anything? On Peragus, a skill rank of 5 or 6 seems to be required in order to get the HK to speak the voice lock code in the dead engineer's voice (250 XP).

But as far as I can see this is the only time where Persuade is needed in order to completely complete a quest. On Telos Kreia bails you out if you fail the persuade during the Batu Rem investigation, and apart from that it seems that Persuade gives you no advantage except for saving a few credits here and there. Near the end of the game there is a scene where you can persuade Colonel Tobin for an LSP but at that point in time the game is over anyway so this won't matter for most people.

Are there other places where you can miss out on quests/XP if your Persuade is too low? Does anybody know the skill rank requirements for the skill checks involved? Assuming the 'difficult' setting of the three choices for gameplay easiculty.

I am planning a max-XP character build and I am pondering whether INT 14 might not be sufficient, since my last INT 16 Guardian had plenty skill points left over. INT 14 instead of INT 16 means sacrificing a feat in order to make up for the lost INT mod but the creation/attribute points that are thus freed for use with other attributes more than make up for this one feat. And the sacrifice may not even be necessary if a Demolition-boosting item is found in the random loot.

I don't know the *exact* amount of Persuade needed... It might actually be a floating DC depending on the situation... But Persude and Awareness are the top two skills I always put points in when I level up -- No matter if I have to sacrifice others.

Having a high INT of around 16 is also recommended not just for its mods, but because some of the more important and interesting pieces to the game's overall story (like Kriea) can only be unlocked with a combination of Influence and high Awareness.

Also, using the Cross-Class Skill feats (Repair, Computer, Security) boots these up and helps your lowest ones.

You'll also use Persuade and Awareness a lot for some of sidequests if you want to avoid bloodshed if playing LS and want complete LS mastery. You can have a high persuade, use Dominate Mind (level up) and use Force Persuade and can get even Exchange bosses like Saquesh and others to simply lay off the refugees and others they are persecuting and the game gives you even more XP (1000) if you do it non-violently (but I am not sure about that; haven't played DS yet).

Also, TSL uses your actual skills more than KOTOR did in that they also trigger more dialogue options and "inter-game" upgrades while on board the Ebon Hawk. This addition I like because it gives the player more of an incentive to talk to their party members instead of just going place to place and only interacting with those in your current party.

You'll also use Persuade and Awareness a lot for some of sidequests if you want to avoid bloodshed if playing LS and want complete LS mastery. You can have a high persuade, use Dominate Mind (level up) and use Force Persuade and can get even Exchange bosses like Saquesh and others to simply lay off the refugees and others they are persecuting and the game gives you even more XP (1000) if you do it non-violently

Hehe, you can get even more XP if you do it non-violently first and fail the Intimidate on the kidnapping issue afterwards. Same for the Serroco, except that you don't need to fail a Persuade/Intimidate here. Negotiate a truce for the settlers and then let the Serroco catch T3 fumbling a lock.

Creating a free path for Aidaa so that she can get to her husband in the flophouse requires failing an Intimidate/Persuade, although the situation is resolved automatically if you do the above. So I don't think you can help Aidaa if you have high Persuade but want to role-play a light-side character (as opposed to a murderous psychopath with LS mastery, which is trivially easy although ethically inconsistent).

Also, there are quite a number of items and powers that let you boost Persuade but very few that let you un-boost it (and these items seem to occur only in random loot at higher levels).

P.S.: during the second trip to Onderon you get an item that boosts INT considerably, meaning that even with mediocre INT you can unlock the convos/upgrades that involve an INT check if you don't mind waiting a little.