This game has it's claws in me

I haven't slept much in three days - first to finish the game and now to being a second game. And now my husband is playing it too - glitchy or not, balancing issues or no, it's still the best game in ages.

I was getting so tired of the same old RPG and RTS....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nah - K2 is class, but there are better sequels out there IMHO (this is in no small part due to the polish of K1 and the rushed finish of K2).  I wouldn't quite say that FO2 outshines FO1, but BG2 is definately a candiate for "best sequel".  :)

And I'd have to agree with Jags here.

However, I'm almost done with my third playthrough and already thinking about the fourth... :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Best sequel I have ever seen has to be ShadowHearts II. Everything that niggled me about the first game was corrected, the combat system was totally reworked but still stayed fundamentally the same, the characters were given many more customisation options and the fusions werre a 1000 times better.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I haven

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't want to get into BIO stuff since this is a thread about KOTOR2; but...

"Bio's best game was BG 1. Their worse so far has been NWN. Their worse expansion was Throne of Bhaal."

No.

KOTOR was the worst game. SOU was the worst expansion. NWN and BG2 are tied for the best game. HOTU is the best expansion (though TOB is very close).

That is all. :devil:

P.S. I blame Kirottu for making us go off topic. :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KotOR was not their worse game. NWN was far far far far far worse than KotOR. BG 2 was worse than BG 1 on so many levels and Throne of Bhaal was just abysmal. An Innkeeper selling +3 weapons! Freaking ludricrous. Especially when a hostile and needy army is right outside his freaking door.

"NWN was far far far far far worse than KotOR."

No. But then, I ams aying this who bought NWN's two expansions. KOTOR is eaisly worse than NWN. NWN has better combat, better controls, better music, more replayability, better characetr creation, better characetr devlopment, and the list goes on. KOTOR has a good story that is worthy of playing once. Or maybe twice if you want to push it the good/evil way.

"BG 2 was worse than BG 1 on so many levels"

No. BG2 looks at BG1 and BG1 cries because it knows it is weak. BG1 has only one thing that is posisbly better than bg2. Maybe.

"An Innkeeper selling +3 weapons! Freaking ludricrous. Especially when a hostile and needy army is right outside his freaking door."

As opposed to BG1 where weaponsmiths are selling +2 equipment when the worse iron shortage in the Sword Coast's history is occuring? Or KOTOR1 where you are able to buy super grenades rather cheaply or even puchase lightsabres and crystals? Hahahahaha.

Seriosuly, your double standards when it comes to TOB is ludicrous.

"Buy super grenades? The only super grenade I found in that game was the thermal detonator and I never saw a merchant selling them. Also Never saw anyone of them selling lightsabers, until I sold them one."

We must have different versions. <>

BG2 worse than BG1? BG2 fixed so many problems with BG1, gave you a fantastic enemy, had far more interesting dungeons, and really expanded well on the storyline. It had a better interface, better system...must really have different tastes :thumbsup:

BG2 worse than BG1? BG2 fixed so many problems with BG2, gave you a fantastic enemy, had far more interesting dungeons, and really expanded well on the storyline. It had a better interface, better system...must really have different tastes :thumbsup:

I also prefer BG1, and have played both repeatedly, including expansions. For one thing, I prefer low-level play to the silly buff/debuff/see-who-casts-timestop-first high-level nonsense of BG2/ToB, and for another, I like the open-ended feel of the first.

Heh, whoops :p

I'm one of those players to likes to feel all important and powerful. It felt a little pathetic as a Bhaal-spawn in BG1 to be so easily defeated by kobolds. I'm not arguing against level-caps or other such things, but there was definitely more enjoyment for me coming from taking time in challenging larger and more powerful enemies, and having to utilise different items and party members...and the most powerful weapons in the game were hard-earned.