What was the name of the canceled BI RPG?

Tanuvein

It used the same engine as No One Lives Forever, I think. It had some interesting story bits with ogres, and it had its own Fallout style mascot. It was isometric 3D. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Also, why did it get canned? Did anything ever come of the work done on it?

I used to post on the forums for it up until they closed.

I can't believe I've comlpetely forgotten about this cancelled game. Isn't this the one which got cancelled due to unpopular sales of PS:T?

Looks very promising actually... Stupid Interplay *rolls his eyes*

Wonder if OE would revive this game in the near future? Seemed like it has the potential to be a good series :wub:

Thought Torn was cancelled for a few reasons, not just PS:T sales figures. IIRC, BIS Folks were having trouble getting the game mechanics and story together as well, until finally it became counterproductive to keep working on it.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Yeah, engine trouble. Too bad really, because I liked the "new" special system that Torn was going to use. Skill points coming from strength, agility and intelligence. It sounded good when maldonado explained it, really good. And the whole chaos against order and not good vs evil thingie... I miss Torn more that black hound or fallout 3. :thumbsup:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I'm glad TORN was cancelled. It was likely to be dribble. It's too bad BG3 and FO3 were cancelled though. Torn probbaly would of eneded up being a LH; but much worse as LH actually had some good qualities.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Evil big meanie head!"

What? I'm the good guy? I'm trying tod efend us all from playing crappy would be game slike Torn and celebrating tragic losses in the gaming world like BG3 and FO3. :luck:

P.S. I was overly harsh about Torn, I admit. It had one good quality - it was scheduled to have dwarves unlike LH! :D

Thought Torn was cancelled for a few reasons, not just PS:T sales figures. IIRC, BIS Folks were having trouble getting the game mechanics and story together as well, until finally it became counterproductive to keep working on it.

Different versions of Lithtech, wasn't it? By the time they had gotten the thing to work on a given build, the new version just demanded more and more reworking on the thing.

I doubt BIo would have had that occur as I believe Torn was schedueld for release before NWN so the Aurora Engine wasn't even finished yet plus I doubt BIo would want a game with its tech released before their own. Though; I must say that the screenshots in that link in this thread shows that the Aurora and Torn's engine shared similarities..

"Lionheart had good qualities? Where was that? Did I miss them?"

Yes.

"I hope Volourn means the setting."

I mean a lot of things - setting, rules (though it could use twinks), atmosphere, and even combat for the first part of the game. My biggest problem with the game and why I'd rate subpar is simply because I got bored trenching through the sewers. they were just big, empty, and seemingly never ending..

I never got to the second half of the game that supposedly sucks..

What I don't understand is why one would expect Torn to be anything like Lionheart. Lionheart was developed by a comparatively inexperienced developer with no good RPGs to their name, not by Black Isle, not by Bioware. Just published by BI/Interplay. Torn was the opposite of Lionheart: an in-house Black Isle title like PS:T.

Been awhile since I tried to play Lionheart, but didn't some ex-BISers have a hand in developing Lionheart? Thought I'd seen some familiar names in the credits.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.