Jade Empire

Volourn

"You shouldnt see the template thing as a negative. It simply puts the game in the proper perspective."

I don't, actually. In fact, I enjoy Scared which uses them. However, how is JE's way of using "templates" any different than NWN's pre made characters or "auto level up" stuff?

To me, the kind of template you are thinking of ones where you get the character and you are stuck with as is ala Sarced which is the case for Sacred but you can change EVERYTHING about the JE characters.

Hmm..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm not saying KotOR II's isn't a plot twist because its obvious in the same way that KotOR I is, but because they tell you she's working against your own desires within the first hour or so. They don't hint at it. They tell you.

It's like watching Terminator 2 and saying its a plot twist when Arnold cuts his flesh off and shows a robotic arm. Its not a plot twist because they already told you.

And betrayal doesn't always make it a plot twist either :D

NOTE: I don't remember hte plot of the original NWN OC much since I thought it was horrible, but I don't remember Aribeth's betrayal being a plot twist any more than Bastilla's. The plot, in both points, worked toward it and allowed you to see what was happening. I could be wrong about Aribeth though, like I said, my memory on it isn't clear.

"but I don't remember Aribeth's betrayal being a plot twist any more"

The plot twist in reference for OC is the one where Desthar is the traitor.

Anyways, the reasonw hy I think KOTOR2 has a plot twist with Keira's betryala is while they tell ya she has her own agenda no where do they say that she will actually betray the player character. In fact, they try to make it seem like while she hates everyone she is undly loyal to the PC. That's why it's a plot twist.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Anyways, the reasonw hy I think KOTOR2 has a plot twist with Keira's betryala is while they tell ya she has her own agenda no where do they say that she will actually betray the player character. In fact, they try to make it seem like while she hates everyone she is undly loyal to the PC. That's why it's a plot twist.

She isnt though. She is protective of the PC but not loyal to them. She is protective of you because she dosnt want anything to ruin her plans.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm going to have to make sure my roommate picks up this game when it's released. It's pretty much the only game I'm looking forward to that's on the near horizon.

Sorry about getting back on topic and interupting Volourn and Shadowpaladin's debate. :rolleyes:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)