Darth Nihilus:the pushover

I beat Nihilus, Atris, Sion and Traya all on the first try.

Force Enlightenment (Master Speed/Basic Valor) + Master Flurry and I knocked off half of Sion's health in one round. 26-44/13-36 damage range.

I had more problems with the area outside the tomb on Dxun than any boss.

I beat them all using only master heal and master critical strike. The only problem i had with Traya was fighting the floating lightsabers. Couldn't take them all at once. I finally lured them off one at a time. Next time I'm going to do the same thing, except I will only kill one lightsaber and then focus my bigger force attacks on Traya to see if it has anything to do with a different outcome.

Nothing to add that hasn't already been said, but yes, I agree...he wasn't that difficult. None of the bosses were, since by the time I got to them I was lvl 26-29.

Heck, those Veteran Mercenaries on surface of Telos near the Military Base gave me a harder time, for my chr. lvl/items etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

and there's also tobin in the ravager, that has like 2000 hp. and the sith capitain, that are 12 time stronger than dark jedi. it's just pathetic

Exactly, and then you have the sith masters in the tomb on Dxun. They were a challenge in themselves. (of course i made the mistake of not sending any Jedi with the party on Dxun) :"> In KOTOR1 , the fights got tougher, and the anticipation grew and grew and at the end, you were satisfied with the fact that you had just spent 30 hours of you life on it. In this one though, by the time i found out what the exile truley was...the "wound in the force". I was pretty depressed about the whole situation, and i played it out of some hope that it would all become much more clear in the end. You would find Revan and he would explain the mysteries of why cheddar cheese is a funny color when it been sitting out for a day or so....But no. I just hope that if they make a III, it is atleast a little more explanatory, and for the love of god...it has tougher bosses.

If you understood the story and played it as a RPG you would understand why...

Fool <_<

Meanie head... :ermm:

So why nihilus was so weak... Uh, actually I think it was said so many times in the game... Oh well, bloody hell *shrugs* I might as well answer. It was because exile is the wound in the force and these new sith "eat"(bad english, sorry) force through force sensitive person and got stronger this way, but with exile they could not do this.

Yes yes... gain power by sucking power through force sensitives and all that aside. my point is, If you are going to make his face the biggest and most imposing thing on the box......he better damn be able to fly out, pin you down and crush your skull with his own ship. Like i said, i'm not trying to knock the game or anything, it is a good game. I just wanted a little more fight out of Nihilus is all.

are you a bit slower than everyone else? nihilus is a big badie, to everyone else except for the exile. because the exile is a wound in the force as well!!! everyone besides the exile would, probably, be crushed by nihilus. that is why he is a big badie. that is, one of the things, kreia wants you to do. kill nihilus...

and there's also tobin in the ravager, that has like 2000 hp. and the sith capitain, that are 12 time stronger than dark jedi. it's just pathetic

Yes, that annoyed me as well... people like Tobin, some random Sith captain, Hanrarr, etc really shouldn't be tougher than most Jedis...

But neither of that annoys me as greatly as Kreia killing 3 Jedi Masters with 1 blow, though. *sigh*

She didn't kill them, she showed them the world through the Exile's eyes. They heard the thousands of screams just as he heard them. They had to cut themselves from the force, only they became vegetables... Which is kind of weird.

She didn't kill them, she showed them the world through the Exile's eyes. They heard the thousands of screams just as he heard them. They had to cut themselves from the force, only they became vegetables... Which is kind of weird.

Huh? From where did you get that information? In my game, she just buzzed them with no further explanation... looked like force drain or something... and then she left.

Also, if that is what she did - then from where did she get such amazing powers? And still, shouldn't 3 Jedi Masters be somewhat tougher prey than that?

She says that's what she's doing right before she does it. Then, if you click on the bodies it says they aren't really dead, just hollow, or something to that effect.

Where did she get the power? Ancient Sith teachings? Ancient Jedi teachings? She probably knew more about the force than anyone since.

Yes, that annoyed me as well... people like Tobin, some random Sith captain, Hanrarr, etc really shouldn't be tougher than most Jedis...

But neither of that annoys me as greatly as Kreia killing 3 Jedi Masters with 1 blow, though. *sigh*

Judging by the visual effect used and what she says to them, she used the same sith technique that Nihilus uses to drain force users. If Nihilus could kill the rest of the Jedi Order with it, along with a whole planetary population of Miraluka, I don't see why Kreia shouldn't be able to kill 3 Jedi Masters with it.

Speaking about Darth Nihilus, I personally think it's rather refreshing with a big bad boss that for once isn't ridiculously more powerful than the protagonist and only can be defeated due to dumb enemy AI. Don't mind him being easy to kill, in particular when it's explained why in the story.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that the only place in the entire game where Nihilus name is mentioned is in the journal, and when you select him in battle. Everyone talking about him in the game only calls him "The Master".

Come to think of it, the same applies to Visas. She never tells you her name, and the only one who ever calls her by her name in the game is the Exile.

The jedi bosses of the game were regular enemies with huge plot buildup. Oh wait...I forgot that I neaded to heal once against Nihilus...

I had trouble with one boss:visas. That's it. I died once against her because I was so entirely not ready and I used horrible strats.

I completely agree it's ridiculous...I've played alot of RPGs and I think the way that the "new sith feed on force" thing is just absurd. It's accepted that the enemies get stronger throught the game, and players should accept that without bizarre plot explanations.

Anyone tried playing the game on hard mode? Is it better?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the original post.

Beating Nihilus was an anticlimactic event of extreme proportions. After all the build-up, all the talk of me being "not ready to face him", all the rumor of this immense power he wielded, I barely broke a sweat destroying him. I had a harder time taking Col. Torbin down. heh.

The game box does not deliver--no reason to put his face front and center. His picture should have been a tiny mug shot in the lower right corner. :thumbsup:

Totally agree...If you were this "wound in the force" then how come you arent ready to face him? I mean, if he cant suck the force from you, and being such a weakling that he is, why not go fight him a level 1? Apparently from a Darth Nihilius standpoint you can become a bad ass sith, and have no idea how to swing a light saber. And if he is such a powerful force sucker, why doesnt he just overun the whole friggin galaxy? Bring death and whatever else, and get it over with.

I beat him without any techniques, just clicked on him, and waited about 30 seconds. Didnt even need to heal, what a joke. Sion and Traya, also lame. Sion you talked to death, and Traya just stood there while I beat on her. I least I needed to heal with her and Sion. Also, another flaw, at least from my standpoint. Hardly any baddie in the game used force powers. I mean no force choke, force lighting, I only saw for drain a couple of times, and was force held once, thats it. At least in Kotor1, force powers were in use a lot.

Huh? From where did you get that information? In my game, she just buzzed them with no further explanation... looked like force drain or something... and then she left.

Also, if that is what she did - then from where did she get such amazing powers? And still, shouldn't 3 Jedi Masters be somewhat tougher prey than that?

Yeah, she left them feel what the Exile had felt during at m5. Unlike him, they could now renounce the force in order to survive.

The jedi bosses of the game were regular enemies with huge plot buildup. Oh wait...I forgot that I neaded to heal once against Nihilus...

You cannot judge an opponents place in the story based on how hard the battle with them was... It feels like a lot of you who complain about how easy this fight was, don't understand how RPGs work. Battles are easy, period. Look at any Final Fantasy game. Final boss is ALWAYs overhyped, and incredibly easy. These games are about story, not difficulty.

You cannot judge an opponents place in the story based on how hard the battle with them was... It feels like a lot of you who complain about how easy this fight was, don't understand how RPGs work. Battles are easy, period. Look at any Final Fantasy game. Final boss is ALWAYs overhyped, and incredibly easy. These games are about story, not difficulty.

I agree. The major difference I've found between so called bosses and regular enemies is the length of the time it takes to defeat them. Beyond this I've found few distinctions between the two.

When I think RPG's I think of the days of Baldurs Gate...I have a bad feeling games like that will never exist again. With boss battles that made you think, before combat even started.

Sorry, but while the Final Fantasy titles are some great games as well, they dont count. They are designed with story in mind, and how telling the story is more important, then how battles are fought.

Boss battles as of late are click boss, click attack, go...

Sorry, but while the Final Fantasy titles are some great games as well, they dont count.  They are designed with story in mind, and how telling the story is more important, then how battles are fought.

Thats odd logic. Because if you dont win the battles then the story will stall. They dont just let you skip battles to keep the story going.

The bonus areas in FFX were a major shock to my system (it being my first JRPG) it just wasnt normal in my RPG experience to come across something that could take out the entire party in the first round with a single attack.

I dont personally think that most people would really enjoy hour (and longer) boss battles.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Thats odd logic. Because if you dont win the battles then the story will stall. They dont just let you skip battles to keep the story going.

The bonus areas in FFX were a major shock to my system (it being my first JRPG) it just wasnt normal in my RPG experience to come across something that could take out the entire party in the first round with a single attack.

I dont personally think that most people would really enjoy hour (and longer) boss battles.

And thats the thing, if you level'd your characters to extreme proportions, 1 attack wouldnt take your party out. And you would beat the boss quite easily as long as you found its pattern. I live in Japan, and thats the logic the gamers around here have, so I proboly will be having that same logic when it comes to final fantasy. Another thing here is 1 hour or longer boss battles are popular, as it defines "the struggle", thats about the best way I can descibe it. American and Japanese culture is really quite different. Maybe someone else can explain it better then I.

And thats the thing, if you level'd your characters to extreme proportions, 1 attack wouldnt take your party out.  And you would beat the boss quite easily as long as you found its pattern.  I live in Japan, and thats the logic the gamers around here have, so I proboly will be having that same logic when it comes to final fantasy.  Another thing here is 1 hour or longer boss battles are popular, as it defines "the struggle", thats about the best way I can descibe it.  American and Japanese culture is really quite different.  Maybe someone else can explain it better then I.

Actually it would have. Unless you had break HP limit and in order to get that you have to fight things even harder than the thing I was describing. But in most cases, yes leveling till your eyes bleed will make most encounters range from managable to easy. You might even know to which particular critter I am refering now.

Granted they feel like much more of an accomplishment. But if you had to fight the same boss 5 or 6 times I think it would get old. I do recall in Skies of Arcadia I was so seriously underleveled it took something like 4 hours to go through the boss cycle and by the end my hands were trembling. I dare not think what would happen to a lot of people if they got to that stage and died :lol:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Granted they feel like much more of an accomplishment. But if you had to fight the same boss 5 or 6 times I think it would get old. I do recall in Skies of Arcadia I was so seriously underleveled it took something like 4 hours to go through the boss cycle and by the end my hands were trembling. I dare not think what would happen to a lot of people if they got to that stage and died  :lol:

haha...you'd fit right in over here. 4 hour long boss battles would get you major recognition! If your hands are trembling, body shaking, and are completely exuasted, and ready to pass out, then you are considered an exceptional player. American gamers would think your kinda wacko...lol (w00t)

I must've missed the bit where Malak was considered difficult :lol: I seem to remember annihiliating Malak in about five seconds, including at the end (just destroyed droid all the dead jedi he was pulling power from). I found Nihilus no more difficult, but not really any easier either.

At least Nihilus had a reason for being weak, and at least Sion had a reason for regenerating health so easily.

I think I probably found Kreia the most difficult - or at least, I found those floating lightsabers pretty tough ('pretty tough' as in I did have to run away and heal myself once).

But anyway, I agree that it's the story that's important - I certainly have never played RPGs for the combat. Having said that, there was a great feeling of satisfaction to be had defeating dragons in Baldur's Gate.

But ultimately, I don't think that Nihilus was any more of a pushover than Malak.

But ultimately, I don't think that Nihilus was any more of a pushover than Malak.

Malak was only "difficult" because he was super cheesey. If he hadnt been invulnerable on his sprint to the recharge tanks he would have been dead in a round or two tops. I killed him on the Leviathon anywway and will never take KOTOR seriously as an RPG after that.

478327[/snapback]

So, on the cover of the game you see this awesome sith mask and are expecting a "great and epic" battle from this guy. Well, I was anyway. Instead though, you get Darth Nihilus, the pushover! <_<  The sith marauder's were tougher than this guy! Darth Sion wasn't that great either! I mean, In KOTOR1 I had to fight Malek at least 5 times to even figure out a good stratagy.......I don't know, I just wish LA hadn't pushed so hard for a holiday release.    *busts out "shadows of the empire"*

Back to the old school. :shifty:

Just for fun- Malek vs Vader, who would win?? I'm betting Vader. What do you guys think?

Ummm... yeah it wasn't too difficult to beat Sion or Nihilus, but neither was Malak. I beat him on my first try... maybe you just weren't very good at building characters or KOTOR style combat yet when you played KOTOR 1... I really didn't find either game to be terribly difficult.