Darth Nihilus:the pushover

So, on the cover of the game you see this awesome sith mask and are expecting a "great and epic" battle from this guy. Well, I was anyway. Instead though, you get Darth Nihilus, the pushover! <_< The sith marauder's were tougher than this guy! Darth Sion wasn't that great either! I mean, In KOTOR1 I had to fight Malek at least 5 times to even figure out a good stratagy.......I don't know, I just wish LA hadn't pushed so hard for a holiday release. *busts out "shadows of the empire"*

Back to the old school. :devil:

Just for fun- Malek vs Vader, who would win?? I'm betting Vader. What do you guys think?

If you understood the story and played it as a RPG you would understand why...

Fool <_<

No, I did play it as an RPG <_< , and i DID understand what little bit of the story was left towards the end...you know the parts where things were missing and all that mess <_< . I just expected him to be tougher is all. I think that he should have atleast come back for a little revenge at the end. Like most great villians in most RPGs. i do however have a question maybe someone can answer. When you talk to Carth at the Citadel Station, he tell's you that if you fin Revan to tell him "he's following his orders." Has anyone happened across Revan or was that cut too? :devil:

Fool <_<

Meanie head... :devil:

So why nihilus was so weak... Uh, actually I think it was said so many times in the game... Oh well, bloody hell *shrugs* I might as well answer. It was because exile is the wound in the force and these new sith "eat"(bad english, sorry) force through force sensitive person and got stronger this way, but with exile they could not do this.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Fool <_<

Meanie head... :devil:

So why nihilus was so weak... Uh, actually I think it was said so many times in the game... Oh well, bloody hell *shrugs* I might as well answer. It was because exile is the wound in the force and these new sith "eat"(bad english, sorry) force through force sensitive person and got stronger this way, but with exile they could not do this.

Then why didn't he just feast on the Jedi companions you had with you (assuming that you had at least Visla with you)?

I too was dissapointed. This was a Sith as powerful as a God, nearly. Yet you defeat him just like that...

And your end-boss is a really really old woman, who throws living lightsabers at you... lame.

Fool <_<

Meanie head... :)

Yes yes... gain power by sucking power through force sensitives and all that aside. my point is, If you are going to make his face the biggest and most imposing thing on the box......he better damn be able to fly out, pin you down and crush your skull with his own ship. Like i said, i'm not trying to knock the game or anything, it is a good game. I just wanted a little more fight out of Nihilus is all.

Fool <_<

Meanie head... :)

Yes yes... gain power by sucking power through force sensitives and all that aside. my point is, If you are going to make his face the biggest and most imposing thing on the box......he better damn be able to fly out, pin you down and crush your skull with his own ship. Like i said, i'm not trying to knock the game or anything, it is a good game. I just wanted a little more fight out of Nihilus is all.

I think if the overall challenge of the game would have more difficult, but nihilus still as easy as now it would have been better storywise. People would have been: "Eh? What? Was that it?" :) Or perhaps I

I don't see why this is such an issue. The whole point of it is for Nihilus to be a complete red herring. He isn't the main villain of the game but is made out to be. That's the point....

I personally thought he was going to be the endgame boss. I remember walking through the Ravager thinking 'where's Sion?' and then meeting Nihilus. I think it's a cool confrontation, it makes you think, the story isn't just drip-fed to you.

As for the comment 'why didn't he suck life out of your companions', I'm guessing he tried to suck the life out of the biggest threat (the PC), but found nothing. This immediately weakened him, since, presumably, it takes him energy to suck more out of everything else. Notice when he tried to he looked drained, exhausted... so you could finish him off.

(sorry for the cut/copy but i think it fit here eheh :rolleyes:)

for the difficulty consider that all the game is pretty easy, so should not surprise that Nihilus (and other big guys) are not very challening, also consider that his main power is to drain force and as he can't use that power on you, he can't show his real strenght in that battle.

For Nihilus past i liked the decision to keep it a mistery, it makes it looks like a sort of ghost and define better is role of primitive force.

Also his past is pointless at this time as he is no more a man, if we knew who he was probably he will be less "fascinating"

His role in the game is not so "useless", he is probably the main threat to the galaxy with his capacity to drain the force (and the life itself) form livings, he destroyed the miraluka planet, almost all jedi order, and will consume the galaxy itself if not stopped.

Said that is not useless we can't even say that is really a main one, the game is mostly a path of enlightment, not good vs evil, so, even if in essence he is probably the main villain, he could have not too much space in the story or probably he will weaken the main plot (who is alredy quite difficult).

Ingame i see Nihilus as a sort of puppet in the hand of kreia, probably he can't be controlled directly but due to his "simple" nature he can be lured and fooled.

Kreia uses him just as a way to test you in the right moment facing a sort of anthitesis of yourself.

The Exile and Nihilus are probably very similar in their essence, but their intents, are in strong opposition, he is like a sort of specular image of the exile.

for Visas we really don't know, Kreia says that maybe it was just a last trace of humanity, maybe he spared her for compassion or love...

Maybe he saw her as similar to him and for that affinity he chose her as his apprentice.

Also we must consider that Visas vision is superior to Nihilus one, so she is a usefull tool for him.

I always thought that Kriea brought Nihilus & the Exile together so that the Exile could destroy him and she would partly have her revenge for Sion & Nihilus betraying her. Nihilus is going to be weaker from a story point of view because he is tricked into coming to Telos where there are no force users for him to feed on.

As for Visas, she has a link to him, so I'd assume that if Nihilus drained her he would harm himself. (Spotty I know, but so is the whole force bond thing.)

All of that storywise explanations are BS. Nihilus is a pushover just like Sion and Traya, and well, everyone else in this game. The reason is simple, the balance in this game is just broken, and that can't be blamed on time constraints, but bad design decisions.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Nihilus was just bad. Being a major villian in the game, you could expect he'd be properly presented as one. After all, the reason you start chasing the Jedi Masters is because Nihilus exists - he is the one who destroyed Katarr and the Jedi Order, and made the rest hide to avoid detection (and on the personal-side of the game, he is also a wound in the force born from the Mandalorian Wars, like the Exile).

Despite his importance to the storyline, Nihilus is not displayed as such. His only effect on the storyline happens pre-game (the whole Katarr business, yada yada...), and at the final encounter. Aside from sending Visas after Exile, he does absolutely nothing as the game carries on. I expected more of him.

The final battle with him was also kinda lame, no matter what storyline reasons he has for being defeatable by Exile. That's probably balance issues, but defeating him was definately too easy for a big-bad-Sith-Lord who threatens life itself.

Just expected a little more presence from him. While K1 kept building up my anticipation for meeting Malak (and even Saul), K2 failed to do so with Nihilus (final boss or no, he was important enough for the story).

Yeah, I can accept that those Sith "assassins" (funny they are called assassins when the only thing that ever gets killed when they're around are themselves) are easy at the beginning of the game because you are a hole in the force and stuff. But not the main baddy that is on the game cover and is so powerful that he can't even control it.

This game has a lot of good things, but the balance got blown to pieces the moment they decided to remove the level cap and take a D&D approach to items. A shame, really.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

For an old, old, OLD woman - Kreia is already more than tough enough imo. :p

It would have been more interesting if they had used Kreia and Atris for a sort of Emperor/Vader scenario... with Kreia pulling the strings and Atris being the muscles.

He's more fun with a stock saber. I still dont think there is much between them KOTOR and KOTOR II when it comes to difficulty.

ShadowHearts end boss took about hour and a half to kill and required pulling every trick in the book. Somehow I dont think bosses of that magnitude would be a wide term desire myself.

But it was satisfying :p

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The game was indeed badly balance. In every major fight, if the game was properly balanced, should have the PCand friends coming out of it being 90% dead. Minor fights should leave the PCs 30% to 50% dead. This is they are smart in character creation and tactics. If not, then the players should die. There needs to be consequences for playing stupidly.

And KOTOR I left you 90% dead after every boss fight?

I killed Uther and Yuthera without taking a hit (Consular), killed Malak's aprentice relatively easily. I killed Malak easy, too:

1. Fight

2. Cutscene

3. Drain all bodies

4. Spam Thermal Detonators

5. Watch victory cutscene

MAN! Glad that wasn't an easy fight.

In a perfect game should it have been more difficult? Of course.

In a game made for the masses who hate having their ego dented? It's not really practical.

In a perfect game should it have been more difficult? Of course.

In a game made for the masses who hate having their ego dented? It's not really practical.

Heh. Yeah, but they(we) need also an ego boost and overly easy enemies doesn

The problem with games of today is that they are created for an audiance who want instant gratification. They want to play the game, beat the game, talk trash to thier friends. With games of old though, it wasnt like that. In my opinion, some of the hardest games ever made came out on Nintendo and Atari. Not with this gaming generation though. As long as it has badass graphics, cutting edge sound design with famous people in the voice cast, it will sell a ton! I mean, don't get me wrong, i enjoy playing the games as much as the next guy, but they really took the challenge out and replaced it with corporate trash. Like deadlines and , "hey dont make that too, hard, we dont want people getting pissed off and not finishing the game!". It really all comes down to money. Cut the challenge, add the filler, make the money....buy me a friggin Ferrari..... >_<

I beat Nihilus, Atris, Sion and Traya all on the first try.

Force Enlightenment (Master Speed/Basic Valor) + Master Flurry and I knocked off half of Sion's health in one round. 26-44/13-36 damage range.

I had more problems with the area outside the tomb on Dxun than any boss.