Light/Dark mastery

I know that achieving DS/LS mastery nets you stat bonuses (and a new look). Is there any other reason to have it? Because it's really difficult to maintain it, what with all the influence stuff giving DS/LS pts etc.

Do the rest of you try to keep that up all the time or are you just happy with enough to get the presitge class? I personally gave up and just tried to be 'mostly dark'. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

LS mastery often involves being an idiot/wussie. DS mastery often involves being a stupid thug. So, I don't bother with that mostly, and just try to stay consequent with the RPing.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

But becoming lightside mastery is like getting blood out of a stone!

Then I guess I must have a very bloody stone... I can hit LS Mastery during my first visit to the Telos Secret Academy, and that's even after scoring a few DS points in conversation in order to increase Kreia's influence (the 'treat my allies as expendable' option).

I usually just let the characters personility dictate the actions whatever the outcome. Rather than just maximise DS or LS points.

Kreias little pupil, my second character would often be chastised for be too evil.

It's like the influence thing. If your goal is to get to a mastery asap then it's easy and fast. If your goal is to play your character then it tends to be more measured.

I think I lost mastery 5 or 6 times in the first game usually from talking to people on the ship.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

My ultimate corruption and fall into the darkside took awhile, I lingared at around 75-80% darkside when I seemed to stop getting DS points and even got a few LS ones, but then I feel completely into the void and never doubted the power of the darkside after that.

Visas and me, Darkside pal's forever.

I dont care what Kreia says, I'll take my cahnces and bring her with me :)

Actually the bonus you get depends on your class, or something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's like the influence thing. If your goal is to get to a mastery asap then it's easy and fast. If your goal is to play your character then it tends to be more measured.

Man. I must be some kind of goody-two-shoes. My first playthrough I got LS mastery so fast I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, same here... mind you, that would also explain why I had NO influence over Kreia.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital