NPC's as jedi's

I hate to bring this up, but I've searched this forum for about an hour and can't seem to find a clue about turning some of the characters into jedi's.

I've finished the game through once as a LS male and was only able to turn Bao-Dur. I really though I would get the Handmaiden as well. I got to the end relatively fast I think, but I'm not sure that matters at all.

I got the handmaiden all the way to the point where she keeps saying something like "Perhaps I'll talk about it later". I thought I had a ton of influence on her though. Did I skip some important task that would trigger another conversation option? Or did I just not influence her enough?

On another note, seeing some other posts out there I see that there are many of you who can turn almost the entire party into Jedi. WTF? I only ever saw a chance with the Handmaiden. Atton, Mira, Mandalore........seems like I didn't even come close. I think I finished the game at the point where Atton kept telling me "not to bring it up" or something like that.

I'd like to play through again after the patch release (got the Jek Jek Tarr graphics bug, swoop racing bug, characters who won't attack bug, multiple small graphics bugs here and there........few others)

Is there anyone who would be kind enough to shed some light for me, or am I just a forum noob who doesn't deserve advice?

It's all in the influence. If you don't have enough influence with those NPC's the dialogue options where they will turn to Jedi never comes up.

Since you've finished the game once I'll direct you the XBOX faq/walkthru that has a lot of info about the dialogues that affect the NPC's influence (it also is wrong about a few things but....). The dialogues can be pretty tricky - sometimes if you don't hit exactly the right line at the time it comes up poof the chance is gone.

Man I reloaded a ton....... :p

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/s..._kotor_ii_a.txt

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

heh?? :p how to make Bao-dur as a jedi??? what i know is atton, handmaiden and disciples, the only thing pop-out from his messages are:

"what do you want, General?"

and the answer is only:

"Never mind..."

could you explain it?? or i miss something on the beggining?? :p

heh?? :blink:  how to make Bao-dur as a jedi??? what i know is atton, handmaiden and disciples, the only thing pop-out from his messages are:

and the answer is only:

"Never mind..."

could you explain it?? or i miss something on the beggining?? :)

You must have missed something. I can't recall when exactly it happens.

In my latest game I managed to train Mira, Atton, Handmaiden and Bao-Dur into Jedi, then corrupted them all. Go DS!

heh?? :blink:  how to make Bao-dur as a jedi??? what i know is atton, handmaiden and disciples, the only thing pop-out from his messages are:

and the answer is only:

"Never mind..."

could you explain it?? or i miss something on the beggining?? :)

He is probably the hardest to turn... Unlike the others, you can't simply gain influence by talking to him, he has to actually see you doing good.

I read another post last night where someone said that there are critical moments in the game when you need to say just the right thing to swing a character into the jedi mode.

I believe that to be true. With Bao-Dur I just kept saying all the cheesy options that came up. Every now and then a new conversation option would just appear, regardless of whether or not I had just gained influence with him.

It's almost like it's timed, or like there is some specific requirement of the amount of quests you've competed with him in your group before you get the options. That sounds kinda far fetched but damn, it's the only other thing I can think of.

I find it funny that you guys have so much trouble getting Bao-Dur to jedi out, and my biggest problem is the Handmaiden which other people seem to have no problem with.

I read another post last night where someone said that there are critical moments in the game when you need to say just the right thing to swing a character into the jedi mode.

I believe that to be true.  With Bao-Dur I just kept saying all the cheesy options that came up.  Every now and then a new conversation option would just appear, regardless of whether or not I had just gained influence with him.

It's almost like it's timed, or like there is some specific requirement of the amount of quests you've competed with him in your group before you get the options.  That sounds kinda far fetched but damn, it's the only other thing I can think of.

I find it funny that you guys have so much trouble getting Bao-Dur to jedi out, and my biggest problem is the Handmaiden which other people seem to have no problem with.

It's not timed, its based on the influence system. You have to take bao-dur along, and let him see you do good... You'll gain influence by that, and eventually you'll get the option to turn him into a jedi.

With Bao-dur, you need to express concern when he gets out of prison, ask him to help you with stuff on Dantooine and Nar Shaddah, do an act of mercy while he's in the party, give a visa to a republican on Onderon, and potentially kill someone while Kreia and him are in the party (Kreia will mind trick him into gaining influence).

LS or DS.

The next dialogue option with him will let him train as a jedi. If DS, DO NOT start a dialogue with him for any reason before you've done all this.

I was so fixated on turning Bao-Dur into a Jedi, that when I did it (Took me A WHILE!) I was really pissed that I couldn't equip him with a Jedi Robe wich is IMO the coolest part of the Jedi!

I didn't know I Could turn Mandalore though...That'll be my next objective.

I didn't even know about these possibilities untill I had already finished the game... heh.

But I don't mind, as I think it's a silly concept. Haindmaiden makes sense as a Jedi, but Bao-Dur? Atton? Mandalore? Outright silly if you ask me.

Well I didn't get much backstory from any of the NPCs... I guess I didn't have them around at the key moments, when I should have gotten influence with them... most of the time, I had Kreia and Visa in my party.

So what exactly *is* atton's story? Well I know about the Sith assasin stuff, but is there more to it? And how the h... did he end up in a Peragus cell?

Also, what's Mira's story?

Atton was sent to kill a certain Jedi. She showed him the force that existed inside of him, and told him what Revan would do to him if it were discovered. So he killed her and ran, classic Atton for ya.

Don't remember her back-story, but I thought her daddy was a Jedi... Or maybe she's just like Bao-Dur, force sensitive and chance (or whatever) brought her together with the Exile.

The key to turning your NPCs into Jedi (light or dark) is that not only do you have to gain influence with them... But you also have to go through specific sequences with them in a particular order.

(This really makes the game linear in one sense; This is why if you plan on making certain party members Jedi you should PLAN AHEAD for your next play through and this includes the order of the planets you plan to travel to as well).

Here are a couple of things that really help:

1) The order of the planets you travel to.

I usually do (after Telos) Nar Shadda, Dantooine, Duxn/Ondoron, Korriban and back to Duxn/Onderon when you are waiting for the message from Mandalore.

The reason I do Nar Shadda first is because this is basically the focual point of the game from a design and story stand point. It has the most sidequests and is where you get almost your entire party more or less, regardless of what side you play.

Nar Shadda gives you either Mira (LS) or Hanharr (DS); Goto and possibly HK-47 if you have all of his parts before you leave. It also has sidequests that are worth 1000 XP per quest if you complete them correctly (DS or LS). This is also where you can learn Atton's secret and turn him into a Jedi.

Visas also shows up here to (she shows up no matter where you go the second time you return to the Ebon Hawk; I just figure pick her up here and then use her to help free the Exile on Goto's yacht by giving her the "destroy droid" Force Power which comes in really handy on that level considering it is nothing but droids, turrets and mines).

It is also where you can gain a lot of influence for Bao-Dur. Specifically, the Refugee camp when you (if you choose) heal the sick man at the entrance. This is "critical" Influence device for Boa-Dur... As well as having him check your work once you repair the landspeeder at the Sorocco Gang landing pad (two vital Influence shots with Bao-Dur in ONE planet! Just do Dantooine next and you've gained enough influence to turn him).

Also... If you are thinking you should go to Dantooine first to get your lightsaber crystals and other parts... The game is setup to just "give" you your lightsaber by the end of whatever planet you travel to first after Telos; it doesn't matter which one. This is done via the radom gifts that some sidequest NPCs give you as rewards, I.E. Lootra will give you lightsaber parts if you reunite him with his wife; if you already have a lightsaber, he'll give you some other random item(s) instead. This is another reason to do Nar Shadda first because of the amount of sidequests that you can do that increase your chances of having your lightsaber built before you even leave the planet.

2) When you create your main PC (Player Character)... Start them with an INT (Intelligence) of 16, no matter what class and or side you are going to play. Also, whenever you level-up, put points into Persuade and Awareness FIRST before any other skills. Max these out into the teens as the game progresses.

You want to do this because strageically, TSL differs from KOTOR in that the game scripts read your actual levels (and modifiers) of your attributes and skills like Awareness, Repair, etc. that open up dialogues that you normally would not be able to access if you aren't at certain levels.

It is a blessing and a curse because most players aren't going to know this their first play through and won't be strategically thinking like this... And it also makes the game more restrictive in that you can't create a totally "unique" character because you have to be constantly "powergaming" the Influence, attributes and skills system the game uses as well if you want to have the game experience the devs intend you to have (with all the backstories available as well as other things).

These are the only two, main things that I just had to learn and read about in various FAQs/Walkthrus as well as playing the game a couple of times (not even all the way through) to know to do that will give you a better gaming expeience as a whole.

Atton was sent to kill a certain Jedi. She showed him the force that existed inside of him, and told him what Revan would do to him if it were discovered. So he killed her and ran, classic Atton for ya.

Don't remember her back-story, but I thought her daddy was a Jedi... Or maybe she's just like Bao-Dur, force sensitive and chance (or whatever) brought her together with the Exile.

I may be dumb here, but who is that "certain Jedi"? :ermm:

And also, does anyone at all know how he ended up on Peragus of all places? And in their detention cell?

I may be dumb here, but who is that "certain Jedi"? :huh:

And also, does anyone at all know how he ended up on Peragus of all places? And in their detention cell?

No one special, if that's what you're thinking. Just one of thousands of Jedi who died in the war.

As for him being on Taris... If someone could enlighten me, that would be great. I honestly have no idea.

As for him being on Taris... If someone could enlighten me, that would be great. I honestly have no idea.

It's really not *that* important to the overall game.

It can be assumed (or you can draw your own conclusions) that Atton was just drifting from system to system after he left the Sith trying to either atone, or forget the terrible things he had done.

He probably ended up on Peragus when he hitched a ride on one of the Telos frieghters that were making a fuel run. He probably figured this would be the best place to loose himself and be anonymous as most people who work in these kinds of jobs aren't anyone "special" and its much easier to keep a low profile when you're in the middle of "nowhere" far from the Core worlds and a lot of human/alien contact overall.

I think he probably ended up in the cell because he started fighting with someone. Remember, he is like the Han Solo of the game. Tough, resourceful and not afraid of a good fight if push comes to shove...

Or, he knew of Coorta's plan to sell the Exile to the Exchange and sided with the Administrators and tried to stop him (trying to atone for his past deeds) -- Which could have also lead to a fight with Coorta that would have landed Atton in jail if he started it. I am making this assumption based on Atton's "confession" where he says the female Jedi might have saved him so he could return the favor some day and save the Exile.

I love Master Dahvernas post. Very informative. I will probably be following that plan on my next playthrough.

I REALLY wanted to have the Handmaiden as a Jedi. It seemed really easy to get Bao-Dur for me. I must have just had him in the party at all the right times.

Maybe my problem is that I don't switch out characters enough. Once I find a couple of characters that I like, I usually just keep sticking them in my party.

For instance, Once I left Telos I went to Dxun. As soon as Mandalore became a party member, It was Him, Exile, and Bao-Dur for damn near the whole game. I never had atton or Kreia as active party members.

Once I got handmaiden, it was Exile, Bad-Dur, and Handmaiden in the party the whole time. Never once used T-3, or Assasin Droid, GO-TO (?), or Mira. Visas was rare also, but she was in there for a while at first.

Sidenote. At the end of my game when Kreia was explaining all the stuff that is going to happen to the NPC characters, she called Mandalore.....Canderous. I never heard him referred to as that at any other point in the game. There wasn't even hints at it for me. Was that a game development error or did I just miss a huge plot point where they explained that Mandalore was actually Canderous from KOTOR?

He is probably the hardest to turn... Unlike the others, you can't simply gain influence by talking to him, he has to actually see you doing good.

Hardest???

I was just playing as a DS guardian, and turned Bao-Dur straight away. 1 influence gain from helping him on Telos, and the 2nd - and final - gain from telling the thugs to jump in the well on Nar-Shadaa. That was it. Instant Jedi.

Yeah I think I only had 2 or three influences to Bao and then he jumped to Jedi too. Got one in Atris lair. Got one on Dxun. If there was a 3rd I don't remember where - maybe Dantoon. I think in terms of number of needed influences he's fairly minor - but there's not tons of places where he's allowed to gain it and easily missed.

Which causes the "I have 50 savegames per character" syndrome.....

:wub:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sidenote.  At the end of my game when Kreia was explaining all the stuff that is going to happen to the NPC characters, she called Mandalore.....Canderous.  I never heard  him referred to as that at any other point in the game.  There wasn't even hints at it for me.  Was that a game development error or did I just miss a huge plot point where they explained that Mandalore was actually Canderous from KOTOR?

I think you just failed to pick up on the hints... :thumbsup:

First of all, Kreia discussed Revan leaving Canderous/Mandalore when she was recruiting him...

Secondly, Mandalore's battle cry was "For clan Ordo!" - Ordi being Canderous' clan (his blaster in the first game was called "Ordo's repeating blaster" or something like that).

And finally, if you are still not convinced: check out the official KotOR II site. Look up characthers and go to 'Mandalore', and you'll see the name 'Canderous'.

Sidenote.  At the end of my game when Kreia was explaining all the stuff that is going to happen to the NPC characters, she called Mandalore.....Canderous.  I never heard  him referred to as that at any other point in the game.  There wasn't even hints at it for me.  Was that a game development error or did I just miss a huge plot point where they explained that Mandalore was actually Canderous from KOTOR?

I think you just failed to pick up on the hints... :luck:

First of all, Kreia discussed Revan leaving Canderous/Mandalore when she was recruiting him...

Secondly, Mandalore's battle cry was "For clan Ordo!" - Ordi being Canderous' clan (his blaster in the first game was called "Ordo's repeating blaster" or something like that).

And finally, if you are still not convinced: check out the official KotOR II site. Look up characthers and go to 'Mandalore', and you'll see the name 'Canderous'.

Plus Mandalore has the same voice done by the same voice actor as Canderous :D. I would've like a revelation though, especially when you see Carth and Bastilla at the end