Revan here, Revan there (Aug 31)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can I ask you how long, on average, one of these sketches takes?

Actually, no one has asked that before...it's a welcome question! For sketches, the time varies; simple ones (singular characters) can take maybe 5-10 minutes to complete, while scenes can take btween 1/2 hour to 1/2 a day depending on the complexity.

WOW. I take three hours to sketch one person and it doesn't come out even half as good. Aimo, you're amazing.

Same here. I timed myself one time, and it took me about 7 hours (occasionally interrupted though <_< ) for an anime-style Atton and it didn't turn out close to what I had in mind. :(

And I think I used up the eraser more than I did pencil lead.

Aimo, you rock, girl! (w00t) :p

Great work! Fan art really brings out characters in ways that a computer-generated model can't. I love the two pictures you did of Young Revan and Exile. AS a male I'm also egarly awaiting your Male Exile and Visas work, but the one of Visas commenting on Antton and your blondie Exile is funny enough to tide me over!

A "Thanks Obsidian!" sketch like Bioware's would be cool too.

Keep it up!

Great jobs, Aimo.

BTW I wish to see....ummm.... Younger Kreia?

From the first time Atton talk to you about 'an old witch' and told you she might used to be a good looking one. I begin to imagine how does Kreia look when she was 20s yr ^^; ?

Ah... Forget about her eyes, anyway...

Thanks for viewing, everyone!

BTW I wish to see....ummm.... Younger Kreia?

Well...maybe one day, eh?

Below are 2 pages from a 10 page story I'm working on, meant for a fan comic anthology I'm compiling called 'EXILE'. As you can see from the few panels, it's full o' angstness!

exile06.gif

exile07.gif

5 more pages to go, and after that I'll have to finish ANOTHER 10-pager focusing on Atris and LSF Exile.

Kreia looks like she's been eating something best left alone, but as always: beautifully drawn. I applaud your skills, now fetch me something to eat. :)

No? Okay then. Did I say you did a good job?

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Is Kreia wrinkly enough? Hmmm...

I dunno about wrinkly enough but the wrinkles all around the mouth make her look like she's sporting a mustache ^^;;

(i did quick google image search and it seems even for old people the lips remain relatively smooth... the wrinkles form from eye corners outside, all along the forehead and from around mouth corners down the jaw... dunno how they do it in anime, though ... i'd need to dig for my Cowboy Bebop eps ^^;

Kreia looks like she's been eating something best left alone

Maybe Kreia should've passed on that suspicious-looking Gizka Burger at the cafeteria...so the real reason she kicked the bucket at Trayus Core was from indigestion? @_0

I dunno about wrinkly enough but the wrinkles all around the mouth make her look like she's sporting a mustache ^^;;

The comic still needs to be shaded with screentone to give them dimension, so for now, Kreia has a moustache :D

Okay, plugs!

Just some rough pen sketches of characters in the Exile/Atris story I'm planning.

20050413.gif

A rough visualization of one of the scenes in the planned comic. Atris tries to disuade Young Exile from going off to join Revan's army, but the latter is much consumed with the passion to help out in any way she can to end the Mandalorian threat.

20050413b-t.gif

Click for larger image

Young Revan, post-Malachor V, consumed by the Dark Side. Someone pass her some Nivea/Olay cream!

20050413c.gif

Page 3 of 'Premonition'. Turns out to be my favourite of the bunch. I just finished inking all ten pages, so off to shading. No more previews after this one though...

20050413d-t.gif

Click for larger image

Since Taris is my favourite planet of all times, I'm waiting silently for some

pictures of Taris slums and daily life scenes. :-

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.