Revan here, Revan there (Aug 31)

I love all your pictures Aimo, but for me the more serious themed 1s are the best. You have a real talent for making them both dramatic and touching. I hope you continue sharing your talent with us for a long time! All the best, and thanks for sharing :ninja:

20050326b.gif

Here's one from her site that she hasn't posted yet. I really like the different interpretations of the Exile.

My personal favourite is the one with the cool braids. Mostly because, in game, she looks the most innocent to me and is therefore the most fun to corrupt when going darkside.

Irma Ahmed, that is a very strange name.

I should think that is a Malay Islamic name. :-

But Irma is latin-germanic in origin.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Im just curious. It is also odd because "Ahmet" is a male first name.

its sort of like naming someone Helga Mustafa

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Oh yeah, you're real classy Kaftan. First you belittle her work. Now you belittle her name?

So you've never heard of the practice of cultural diffusion? Where ideas, names, traits, etc., are spread from one society to another?

It happens all over the world, especially in areas where people of differing backgrounds live together. Such as Malaysia.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I love all your pictures Aimo, but for me the more serious themed 1s are the best. You have a real talent for making them both dramatic and touching. I hope you continue sharing your talent with us for a long time! All the best, and thanks for sharing  :)

I registered just so i could comment how impressed I am with Aimo's artistic talent. I'd say it was 20 years well spent, yet you are modest enough to say there's still room for improvement...most impressive.

Keep up the good work ! It can only get better !

Oh yeah, you're real classy Kaftan. First you belittle her work. Now you belittle her name?

Was that this thread? Oh well, guess Im just a bad apple.. or is it a rotten tomato? Or cabbage?

What an impessive work of art. Not only it's great scetches but they are full of emotion.

That bad-cutted-ending of Atton, the death of Kavar and the turning-mira-into-a-Jedi are remarkable.

I would love to see the padawans-protect-the-exile, it looks that it will turn up really good. (w00t)

Here's one from her site that she hasn't posted yet. I really like the different interpretations of the Exile.

Ohh. I had trouble picking character for the game, since most of them are rather mediocre in appearance. Now, if they had this sort of quality to them... i'd still have trouble picking, but this time due to way too many great options >.<;;

Im just curious. It is also odd because "Ahmet" is a male first name.

its sort of like naming someone Helga Mustafa

Just wanna tell you that Ahmed is her father's name because that's how naming convention is in the Malay culture, your name and your father's name at the back, like myself, Saiful Mokhtar, Saiful being my name and Mokhtar being my father's name...

I'm just pointing this out for information sakes, not trying to spam the thread, let's leave this issue at this and talk about what this thread is really about, Aimo's great drawings...

By the way, TrueNeutral, I think you need some kind of permission first before you direct post Aimo's picture in the forum and kill her bandwidth or something... maybe linking it wouldn't be a problem, but direct posting the image and someone quoting it and doubling the bandwidth usage would be VERY bad on her...

Well, she direct posted several herself in this thread, if I did one I figured she wouldn't mind much.

Good work on the Exhile heads. I had such a hard time choosing a girl head because there are so many good heads.

So many cool girl heads and almost no cool guy heads. It's sad, really.

Aimo's art is great. The best proof is, that such manga-hater as I, loves it. (w00t)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Thank you for dropping in to check out the artworks! Your input are much appreciated :3

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can I ask you how long, on average, one of these sketches takes?

Actually, no one has asked that before...it's a welcome question! For sketches, the time varies; simple ones (singular characters) can take maybe 5-10 minutes to complete, while scenes can take btween 1/2 hour to 1/2 a day depending on the complexity.

I'd say it was 20 years well spent, yet you are modest enough to say there's still room for improvement...most impressive.

Thank you. The day that I feel satisfied with my art is the day I should really start to worry...there's so much to learn out there, and if one doesn't strive to improve, the skills will become stagnant and start to decay.

I had such a hard time choosing a girl head because there are so many good heads.

For me, I thought the girl head were bleh compared to the gorgeous ladies in K1. Am glad that the male selections in K2 are better though (helloooo, latino Exile :3)

Well, she direct posted several herself in this thread, if I did one I figured she wouldn't mind much.

Actually, I'd prefer if you just link to the file instead of having it displayed directly in threads....I myself am starting to use smaller thumbnails to link to bigger art to save bandwith. The reason my site went back up recently is because I switched hosting services because the old one can no longer sustain the amount of traffic. Good thing too, because just now I checked to find bandwith for the last 12 days has surpassed 5 gigs (which was my old hoster's limit!) T_T

The best proof is, that such manga-hater as I, loves it

Hehehe, thanks XD

Okay, pic posting time...

Latino Heat Male Exile is so hot that no one can resist his sparkly charm XD;;

20050403-t.jpg

Click for larger image

Below are jam sketches, where I collaboratively sketch with friends. This was done during a Star Wars event recently (which was uber boring T_T Thank god for pencils and sketch paper!!)

Female Exile avatar exchange between Eisu and I

20050403b-t.jpg

Click for larger image

Atton is asking for it...

20050403c-t.jpg

Click for larger image

Original Trilogy scribbles

20050403d-t.jpg

Click for larger image

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can I ask you how long, on average, one of these sketches takes?

Actually, no one has asked that before...it's a welcome question! For sketches, the time varies; simple ones (singular characters) can take maybe 5-10 minutes to complete, while scenes can take btween 1/2 hour to 1/2 a day depending on the complexity.

WOW. I take three hours to sketch one person and it doesn't come out even half as good. Aimo, you're amazing.