Just got Gothic II

It's only possible ,if you target him. Normally the enemie already noticed you before you are able to shot!

Wow, no. I've always used ranged attacks to scout a valley from the mountain to see if there was anything there worth killing, and when I'm walking I always have one out at lower levels in case there are wargs or orcs in the forest. The range of site for ranged weapons is FAR longer than the range of site for NPC AI.

I have actually, I whored quite a few orcs from the castle rampart using that tactic. But I had to run and lure them there first of course because of the bug or whatever it is.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well it would have to exist a english version of the expansion in the first place since there is none.

I asked it, because with the Age of Empires you could play with the spanish version of the game, and the North American expansion.

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

My experience with Gothic 2 has ended exactly the same way as Divine Divinity, I played to about halfway through the endgame and then got sick of it and uninstalled it.

I suppose I was waiting for the "good stuff" and when you finally realise there's not going to be any, its already towards the end.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My experience with Gothic 2 has ended exactly the same way as Divine Divinity, I played to about halfway through the endgame and then got sick of it and uninstalled it.

I suppose I was waiting for the "good stuff" and when you finally realise there's not going to be any, its already towards the end.

I can understand your frustration.

I was extremely frustrated with Divine Divinity when I first played it, mainly due to its control system, the lack of a real players manual, and finally the fact that you really had no room to breathe to rest from all of the creature attacks.

But thanks to a lot of wonderful people / players at the Larian forum they helped me out a lot so I could know the mechanics of the game and then it made it a lot of fun.

Now I’ll get back on topic about Gothic II.

Earlier you said you couldn’t damage targeted creatures with your ranged attacks.

Well, I’m currently playing Gothic One and I’ve noticed that it doesn’t matter how much STR or DEX I have if I have a low damage rate weapon vs. the creature I’m attacking.

For example, my character currently in Gothic One, has a 25 STR and a 30 DEX, when I use a regular 13 Damage Weathered Axe on a simple Mole Rat I kill it in two whacks, but that same Axe does Zero damage, no matter how many times I hit it on a Lurker; however, when I pull out my Bone Bow that is slated at 38 damage I can kill the Lurker in about 3 to 6 shots of my bow, if all of those shots are hits and not misses. But if I was to use that same Bone Bow on a Swamp Shark, it does Zero damage no matter how many times I hit it; because, I need an even better weapon to damage it.

Like D&D / AD&D some creatures are immune to certain weapons.

Some can only be hit by say +3 or better weapons.

I believe both Gothic One and Gothic II work on a similar principal.

I believe that is the reason why your ranged attacks were not working in all cases.

The same holds true for melee weapons too.

I know you’re frustrated, I feel the same way as you when I play certain games myself.

In fact I felt the same way with Gothic One the first two times I tried to play it, mainly I was frustrated with the game controls. The setup is not user friendly at all, but on my third attempt at playing Gothic One and talking a lot to a good German friend of mine who’s a Gothic Guru, I’m finally having some fun playing the game. The controls still bite the big one, but it is finally fun none the less.

Hang in there; you can do it, if you decide to play either game again.

Tsel :huh:

Well, the main fault is thah the story is completely inane and uninteresting. There simply no incentive to make you want to continue playing.

• 1 month later...