The Disciple Poll

What do you think of Disciple after playing the game?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Disciple after playing the game?

• Boring
    • Sweet
    • HOT!!
    • I want to carry his child!
    • Always played as male so I never got him
    • Insignificant compared to Carth and/or Atton
    • Dirty spy for the Republic......
    • Oh yeah, that guy I met on Dantooine and never used......
    • I wanted to see darkside Atton kick his ass....... *cry*
    • OMG, someone actually said Disciple!

lol... wish we could replace some of the PCs with the jedi masters.. or atris..

btw.. like a true jedi I had to be dumb enough to say "leave the future for the future..." or something like that everytime I kill kreia, I know its stupid but I like how it sounded and she says that I have indeed surpass her in wisdom or something like that..

Is that all you 'boost'? :ermm:

Let me know if he becomes the Grand Chancellor or whatever it's called...

I never really liked Desciple, even as a male PC, but he did sound kinda cool... Too bad you can't talk to him after your first encounter...

I miss Bastila... :thumbsup:

The best part of Carth's romance was killing him as DS... Most satisfying moment of the game... I compare it with throwing Kreia to her doom in Malachor V's core...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Is that all you 'boost'? tongue.gif

I never kiss and tell. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ugh... Disciple. I don't know what was wrong with the guy.

Let's start with basics:

A. His apperance:

- Hair: not that bad, except blonde looked strange (a little bit like the Male PC version with dark brown hair)

- His mouth: Oh my God his teeth, whenever he talked, annoyed the hell out of me.

- His voice: ungodly annoying, didn't even suit him

B. His Dialogue:

It was just stupid, pointless, and boring. The best scenes with him in them were the ones where Kreia played with his mind. I liked those ^_^.

C. Since his bow on Dantooine, I knew there was something wrong with him -- especially if he bowed to a man if you play Male PC. I then began to assume he was some sort of fruitcake and ignored him in my party as a female Exhile.

D. How does he love you? And why does some sort of obscure weird fruit get a real future when the resident hottie of the game *cough* Atton *cough* get insulted by Kreia? I was screaming at the computer, "What?!" when she said he was a fool TWICE.

I actually like Disciple in general in combat because he had good feats/good viality, etc. He proved useful in many situations except his battle cries annoyed me, but then again mostly everyone's except Mandalore's were irritating.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Much as I like Atton, his constant "More where that came from!" got on my nerves. I wanted to slap him but he'd probably like it too much.

Witch - I had Disciple Jedi-fied as DS and he still gave up the Force for the DS end, which makes me think it doesn't matter. Probably just DS he gives it up and LS he doesn't.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Much as I like Atton, his constant "More where that came from!" got on my nerves. I wanted to slap him but he'd probably like it too much.

Oh really...? Well that's certainly better than Disciple's "YOU'VE LEFT ME AN OPENING!"

Hehe...yeah...that was bad. He occasionally said something else tho - I think they all have 2? - but I can't remember what it was at the moment.

Hehe...yeah...that was bad. He occasionally said something else tho - I think they all have 2? - but I can't remember what it was at the moment.

Well, I'm just glad they didn't use engarde! I would have had to put down the controller, leave the room and blast somebody.

I know a ton of people have said this, but I never liked Disciple. The first time I played the game I talked to him once and never even tried to find out his story. He's always seemed really creepy to me. Like some kind of stalker, and the fact that he was always so serious drove me insane.

Disciple is the Ryan Seacrest of KOTOR.

He is a Metrosexual Jedi :-

It's funny that he IS such a good fighter... But I think this is OE's version of a "sensative male".

It is obivous his character inspiration was part paladin, part Wesley from "Angel" (the British accent)... Which is why he is such a good fighter, but also "cool" in a passive, unassuming way as well as bieng highly educated in the Jedi Arts.

does anyone know what exactly he does for the republic?

He spy/find the Exile for the republic. Then he constantly talked about how he want to save the republic, how important it is and yadda yadda. When he's not talking about the Republic, he's talking about the jedi and how they are lost.

He's a fine NPC, very good in melee. His force powers get better too after pumping up his Wisdom. I think his game model looks weird though.

He's overshadowed by Atton most of the time. Poor guy. He won't get my love, just my sympathies.

You reckon JM Revan? I always play male (something to do with real life I think), but I actually reckon Atton was a more likeable character than Carth was/is. Carth is only really good for a female revan (and I've only ever played one of them) in terms of romance, so I don't really think he's the epitome character of the two.

Atton is funny, and he has a dark secret! That's just cool. Carth is just a whinging little pansy who stops looking for his son. Okay, that's not a good reason really not to like him, but at least Atton has some personality. And he gets pushed around by a manipulative woman. Carth, is just, well... lame.

Okay so everyone bashes the disciple because he's kind of a fruit, but I used him as a melee fighter and he was actually quite good.  So what if he wrecks all of your influence markers with your other NPCs.  You should be able to turn him to jedi as soon as you get him.  Any excuse to keep Kreia out of my party was cool with me.

yeah, I did Dantooine right after Telos so that was his purpose for me too. And then Visas replaced Atton. Unless I needed something unlocked, then he would have a bit of work to do then its back to his ****pit *sincker, I know he likes it there*

Okay so everyone bashes the disciple because he's kind of a fruit, but I used him as a melee fighter and he was actually quite good.  So what if he wrecks all of your influence markers with your other NPCs.  You should be able to turn him to jedi as soon as you get him.  Any excuse to keep Kreia out of my party was cool with me.

yeah, I did Dantooine right after Telos so that was his purpose for me too. And then Visas replaced Atton. Unless I needed something unlocked, then he would have a bit of work to do then its back to his ****pit *sincker, I know he likes it there*

Once I got Mandalore, I didn't need the Disciple anymore. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Atton is funny, and he has a dark secret! That's just cool. Carth is just a whinging little pansy who stops looking for his son.

For my tastes, had the side effect of Atton turning Jedi not been him losing his ability to speak, he probably would have beaten Carth...but only narrowly.

In a discussion with a male friend who's played both games, I recently found out that Carth is a completely different character if you play male v. play female. With a female, you get all the amusing Han-Leia fight-fight-fight-but-really-we-want-to-kiss flirty dialogues (come on! you have to love a guy who lets you call him a hairless wookiee and then says you hurt his man-feelings); with a male PC, it's apparently a great deal of whining about his wife and Dustil.

Interestinly, FeeZ, my two male friends who played the first game call Carth almost the same thing as you, except it contains, unsurpisingly, expletives best not reproduced here.

Staying on point, the Disciple could have been a kinda neat Force buddy with his mad meditation skilz, but he has the s3x appeal of a lamp post, a lower humor quotient than even Kreia, and a goody-goody demeanor that made me want to reach into my monitor and smack him.