The Disciple Poll

What do you think of Disciple after playing the game?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Disciple after playing the game?

• Boring
    • Sweet
    • HOT!!
    • I want to carry his child!
    • Always played as male so I never got him
    • Insignificant compared to Carth and/or Atton
    • Dirty spy for the Republic......
    • Oh yeah, that guy I met on Dantooine and never used......
    • I wanted to see darkside Atton kick his ass....... *cry*
    • OMG, someone actually said Disciple!

He was just...meh.  He was just so smug and self-righteous, not to mention blonde ("No Atton!  I think it is a trap!!").  He's occasionally funny, but he just got on my nerves.  A bit like Mission in KOTOR...

Mission babbled, and she tended to get on my nerves. I think she was supposed to (poor Revan). But she was cute in a naive sort of way.

Disciple is ... er ... unredeemable.

'Are you and disciple--'

"HELL, no."

Okay so everyone bashes the disciple because he's kind of a fruit, but I used him as a melee fighter and he was actually quite good. So what if he wrecks all of your influence markers with your other NPCs. You should be able to turn him to jedi as soon as you get him. Any excuse to keep Kreia out of my party was cool with me.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Set aside his warrior skills (when you turn him into a Jedi early inthe game nothing can stop him), I'd say sweet and boring at the same time. He acts like a gentleman but his dialogues were a bit too serious for my taste...

I'd say he sounds more like one of those stalker in training kind of guys...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

He was just...meh.  He was just so smug and self-righteous, not to mention blonde ("No Atton!  I think it is a trap!!").  He's occasionally funny, but he just got on my nerves.  A bit like Mission in KOTOR...

The "No, Atton! I think it is a trap!" was Obsidian Entertainment poking fun at Disciple's character and underlining his personality. I thought that small scene was hilarious :p

-Ben

Poor Disciple....he just wants to be loved....

Although according to Kreia's 'future' reading, he won't find any with the Exile, leading to....well, what she said. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I can tell you...give me a minute I have to pull up all the screenies and type it up

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks, much appreciated!

Oh, yeah, how do you play 3 way pazaak? Atton/T3/LadyCrimson... Now that's pazaarik... cards on a board... (Pazaak/Dejarik)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

"And the Disciple?"

"If he leaves this place, he will leave all that is Jedi behind him at last. A heart can handle only so many betrayals before turning away entirely.

He will become a Senator on one of the Mid-Rim worlds, and devote himself to the people there. He will be a wise, steady ruler and he will not call upon the Force again.

But his rule grow to be a cold one and he will find that the code of the galaxy pales in comparison to the failures of the code of the Jedi."

Edit - Ah, no, not 3-way pazaak....the loser just plays the winner etc.

He did make a great melee Jedi, and would frequently mop the floor with opponents before I even caught up to him.

I have to admit, though, that after my first play through I thought he was kinda interesting, but one dimensional.

After coming here and other places, and finding more about the cut scenes I missed and such, I thought he had potential, but was not fully realized. And I'm someone who has a weakness for sweet guys and paladin archtypes in games like this.

So I had to vote for Sweet, but would add, "And I really wish they could have done more with him in the game".

Alas, I find myself saying that a lot recently.

"And the Disciple?"

"If he leaves this place, he will leave all that is Jedi behind him at last. A heart can handle only so many betrayals before turning away entirely.

He will become a Senator on one of the Mid-Rim worlds, and devote himself to the people there. He will be a wise, steady ruler and he will not call upon the Force again.

But his rule grow to be a cold one and he will find that the code of the galaxy pales in comparison to the failures of the code of the Jedi."

Edit - Ah, no, not 3-way pazaak....the loser just plays the winner etc.

Was this his DS or LS future? There are subtle differences...

It sounds like Kreia twisted the futures to sound like her in various aspects...

Oh, that pazaak makes much more sense... So, who's winning? ;)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

That was the dark side win. I'm playing LS the 2nd time around so I'll see how different it is, if at all, then.

And T3 wins most often - Atton keeps accusing him of cheating. I'm afraid I'm a lousy student of Pazaak....I just play so I can hang around Atton and boost his ego...