Revenge of the Sith

And Jango was too beheaded man...just because he had a helmet on during the process doesn't mean his head wasn't cut off.....lol

the saber cut thru the armor AND the bone...thats why his head was gone..........it probably got stuck in the helmet cuz it was such a clean cut too haha! Lame ass Jango!

Uh....because he's ****ing DARTH VADER!

No, he's not. Not yet, anyway. I mean, it would be perfectly understandable if he pwned poor Dooku after becoming Vader or at least after falling to the dark side for good, but man, in the first 10 minutes?

I smell cheese. :thumbsup:"

And Jango was too beheaded man...just because he had a helmet on during the process doesn't mean his head wasn't cut off.....lol

the saber cut thru the armor AND the bone...thats why his head was gone..........it probably got stuck in the helmet cuz it was such a clean cut too haha!  Lame ass Jango!

I know that. But Jango was wearing a helmet and you don't see his actual head when he loses it. Dooku wears nothing, and you will be able to see clearly his "WTF" expression when he is beheaded.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah but the first ten minutes of this movie it is needed especially if he is supposed to be armed up as Vader in his new suite in the last 5 minutes of the movie...plus he has been fighting and letting his anger get the best of him and fuel his battles in the clone wars for the past few years.....once again.....read labrynth of Evil.....the way luke defeated vader in "jedi" by getting angry is the way anakin fights and obi doesnt even say anything for the most part.....its funny.....

No, he's not. Not yet, anyway. I mean, it would be perfectly understandable if he pwned poor Dooku after becoming Vader or at least after falling to the dark side for good, but man, in the first 10 minutes?

In the trailer that battle with Dooku is done very much like Vader/Luke duel thing in the ep.6, so apparently they *are* trying to establish so early in the movie how far he fell to the dark side already? o.O

My main problem is the amount of computer animated sequences (with all the over-exagerated colours, why do they do that?).. man that will look cheesy in 5-10 years!! (then again, so does the Rancor puppet in ROTJ)

but besides that I love the trailer .. and I really liked the second film (but I had a big problem with all that animated grass in the first one, it looked horrible), I think they captured the SW feel just fine .. and who cares about Jar-Jar? my niece was laughing and then so was I.. maybe you should take a kid to see the film? :)

oh and here's a link to newcomers to the thread :

http://movies.channel.aol.com/feature/star...er.adp?type=lrg

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, I thought it was somewhat cheesy that Luke managed to beat up his dad in EPVI, which probably means I'll find it cheesy that "Ani" kills Dooku like that, only to get raped by Obi-Wan later. Pulling another Darth Maul, are we?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah but the first ten minutes of this movie it is needed especially if he is supposed to be armed up as Vader in his new suite in the last 5 minutes of the movie...plus he has been fighting and letting his anger get the best of him and fuel his battles in the clone wars for the past few years.....once again.....read labrynth of Evil.....the way luke defeated vader in "jedi" by getting angry is the way anakin fights and obi doesnt even say anything for the most part.....its funny.....

I know it's hilarious - Obi-Wan's like the worst teacher ever. In Labyrinth & Dark Rendezvous Obi doesn't even seem to mind too much about Anakin's 'secret girlfriend'. He even covers up for him in front of Mace! :(

manthing2.jpg

Well, I thought it was somewhat cheesy that Luke managed to beat up his dad in EPVI, which probably means I'll find it cheesy that "Ani" kills Dooku like that, only to get raped by Obi-Wan later. Pulling another Darth Maul, are we?

How old were you when you thought you could probaly take your dad?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well I don't think Luke necessarily beat Vader, I think frankly that Vader let him win. Since the end of ESB Vader is kinda unsure of what he's doing anymore and by the time he confronts Luke in RotJ Vader doesn't even put much heart into the battle. The conflict within him as Luke kept sensing just kept getting bigger until he let his guard down and Luke got his sudden urge of rage. But had Vader been as focused as he was in ESB, he would have beat Luke yet again. That's the way I see it anyway.

Obi-Wan, well who knows, maybe Anakin still wasn't as powerful or in the least as disciplined to be able to beat him or maybe old Ben just gets a lucky shot like with Maul.

Obi-Wan, well who knows, maybe Anakin still wasn't as powerful or in the least as disciplined to be able to beat him or maybe old Ben just gets a lucky shot like with Maul.

It has the be the latter. I mean, Obi-Wan is pretty much *THE* flukiest Jedi ever.

If a Jedi or Sith didn't know better, by looking at Obi-Wan, they might even think that there is such thing as luck. :p

"Do or do not - there is no try", Master Yoda would say. Rubbish! Obi-Wan is living proof of that! ;)

manthing2.jpg

How old were you when you thought you could probaly take your dad?

Good point. However my dad doesn't murder Jedi for a living.

Well I don't think Luke necessarily beat Vader, I think frankly that Vader let him win. Since the end of ESB Vader is kinda unsure of what he's doing anymore and by the time he confronts Luke in RotJ Vader doesn't even put much heart into the battle. The conflict within him as Luke kept sensing just kept getting bigger until he let his guard down and Luke got his sudden urge of rage. But had Vader been as focused as he was in ESB, he would have beat Luke yet again. That's the way I see it anyway.

That makes sense. And it actually restores Luke to his rightful position as whining weakling.

It has the be the latter. I mean, Obi-Wan is pretty much *THE* flukiest Jedi ever. 

I don't think I can resist Obi getting *another* lucky shot. Let him give the brat a thorough beating to redeem himself from what he did back at Naboo. :luck:

That makes sense. And it actually restores Luke to his rightful position as whining weakling.

Oh come now, Luke pretty much stopped whining after the Battle of Yavin. In ESB and especially ROTJ he was well on his way to becoming a strong Jedi Knight. He confronted his ultimate foe not once, but twice (even after losing his hand and hearing one of the most startling revelations in movie history), and his prowess with the Force throughout ROTJ was "impressive", to quote Vader in ESB. He carried himself with dignity and skillfully exposed Vader's doubts about himself and the possibility of redemption.

I also don't fully agree with the assessment that Vader intentionally gave Luke the upper hand in their final battle. He wanted Luke to turn to the DS and manipulated Luke's affection for his friends and Leia to rouse those feelings of rage within him. I don't think that he expected Luke to best him, however, but that's just my opinion.

Don't sell Luke short! :lol:

his prowess with the Force throughout ROTJ was "impressive", to quote Vader in ESB.

I always thought that was a condescending/ironic remark. Not a true compliment.

I also don't fully agree with the assessment that Vader intentionally gave Luke the upper hand in their final battle. He wanted Luke to turn to the DS and manipulated Luke's affection for his friends and Leia to rouse those feelings of rage within him. I don't think that he expected Luke to best him, however, but that's just my opinion.

Vader didn't intentionally allow Luke to beat him, but his doubt did. Something similar to what happens with Sion in K2. If not it doesn't make sense that a n00b Jedi could beat a Sith lord, and a tough one at that.

Don't sell Luke short! ;)

Hey, I didn't make those movies. Lucas sold him short, not me. I'm just not fond of whiners who win the day.

Guest Damar Stiehl

Actually if you watch carefully, you can see that Vader did throw the final fight. Although it could've been an unintentional slip in choreography. But it sure as hell looks that way.

That said, the prequels are STILL a terrible idea. Over a few years, we've watched ALL of Star Wars mystery being stripped away piece by piece. It's worse than having Greedo shoot first.

Hayden Christensen sucks, no matter how much makeup he wears or what kind of contact lenses he's got. Natalie Portman is a crap supporting actress - who, BTW, looks super-bland in real life.

Episode III will make the suckage of Episodes I and II look pale in comparison.

Of course, we'll all go see it when it comes out. Such is life.

I hate George Lucas.

Actually if you watch carefully, you can see that Vader did throw the final fight. Although it could've been an unintentional slip in choreography. But it sure as hell looks that way.

That said, the prequels are STILL a terrible idea. Over a few years, we've watched ALL of Star Wars mystery being stripped away piece by piece. It's worse than having Greedo shoot first.

Hayden Christensen sucks, no matter how much makeup he wears or what kind of contact lenses he's got. Natalie Portman is a crap supporting actress - who, BTW, looks super-bland in real life.

Of course, we'll all go see it when it comes out. Such is life.

I hate George Lucas.

I can't say that I really get you people.

I you don't like something why go see it and pay fot it????

If I don't like something I won't go to see it. I won't complain all the time about it.

Seems to me that you actually like SW but you don't admit it.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

It's worse than having Greedo shoot first.

NOTHING is worse than that.

Natalie Portman is a crap supporting actress - who, BTW, looks super-bland in real life.

You obviously haven't seen a certain movie in which she portrays a stripper. ;)"

I can never get enough of this "hater becomes seer" stuff.

Seems to me that you actually like SW but you don't admit it.

:o :ph34r:

I'm disappointed that Vader doesn't have even a bit of action...it would have been cool if Anakin turns to Vader midway through the movie and destroys Windu and company by himself-It would give a lot of credence as to why he is the last Sith Lord.

That would have been cool but then that would downplay what we see of Vader in the OT.

Uh....because he's ****ing DARTH VADER!

I smell cheese. :lol:"

the saber cut thru the armor AND the bone...thats why his head was gone..........it probably got stuck in the helmet cuz it was such a clean cut too haha!  Lame ass Jango!

I know that. But Jango was wearing a helmet and you don't see his actual head when he loses it. Dooku wears nothing, and you will be able to see clearly his "WTF" expression when he is beheaded.

you mean this? :-"

dookuvsanakin36wo.jpg