Revenge of the Sith

Hey, I was just wondering (I can't believe noone has posted this yet) if anyone else saw the new trailer for Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith...it's on Hyperspace and was on the OC tonight.....

I saw it, and my god, it looks amazing. Anakin actually looks evil, they kind of did the KOTOR evil change in him, pale skin, darkened eyes type thing. Instead of the ridiculous Darth Maul look haha.....and Sidious.....my god...sidious......"Are you threatening me Master Jedi?" then he flips his saber out of his sleeve like a switch blade and charges mace and the other jedi....

God damn

The Darkside....has it's REVENGE!

The circle is complete....

Yeah, seriously thanks. Can't believe I forgot to watch it.

Edit: OMG that was awesome! Sidious is freakin scary! Can't wait to see this movie.

Now I'm watching it over and over. Sidious leaping at the Jedi with that primal scream is scarier than any horror movie I've seen.

And the Yoda and Sidious battle...I suspect both will be horribly injured in some way.

Bloody hell - Anakin is whining even in the trailer! :(

'Tis a crying shame we didn't see any flashes of General Greivous though. Also I kind of thought Ian McDiarmid's acting towards the start was a little staccato and over the top - but then again the prequels (although quite good), are all about the bad acting. ;)

But to be fair he really portrayed Sidious to be...well quite insidious for the rest of the trailer. ;)

manthing2.jpg

Also I kind of thought Ian McDiarmid's acting towards the start was a little staccato and over the top - but then again the prequels (although quite good), are all about the bad acting.  :(

lol, yeah, I notice that, as he gets more obviously evil, he enunciates a LOT more... got some extreme exaggerated acting there....

I wonder if they'll show how Palpatine became a Sith Lord in the first place. I've always wanted to know that.

and No, please don't direct me to Supershadow. :(

I think Ian McDiarmid's acting was pretty good. But like I've said before I'm easily pleased/persuaded/cajoled and especially distracted.

Some of that trailer made me think....

I'm sure this has been discussed amongst people before, but when Obi Wan says "you were the chosen one!" in the trailer, it made me think this over. ... was Anakin ever REALLY the chosen jedi? I think he's really more of a red herring than anything else. The chosen one is the one who brought "balance to the force"... and I have the stubborn belief that it was Luke who was chosen, not Anakin. Anakin may be way more powerful, but he fell so damn easily to the dark side, and would never have risen against Palpatine in ROTJ if it wasn't for Luke getting through to him. Luke had also been tempted by the dark side but refused it, and it was clear from the beginnings of his training that he had a stronger will than Anakin.

I have a feeling the council had it completely wrong thinking Anakin was the one (well obviously they paid for that mistake, but still), and it would be interesting if, at the end of Episode III, they allude to the fact that the REAL person who'll bring balance to the force is still to come.

I've despised the prequels so far, so my expectations are low.

But man, if this movie does end up sucking, I'm going to have to at least watch it to see how he could screw up something which is looking so good right now.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Some of that trailer made me think....

I'm sure this has been discussed amongst people before, but when Obi Wan says "you were the chosen one!" in the trailer, it made me think this over. ... was Anakin ever REALLY the chosen jedi? I think he's really more of a red herring than anything else. The chosen one is the one who brought "balance to the force"... and I have the stubborn belief that it was Luke who was chosen, not Anakin.

No, he's the Chosen One.

He does indeed bring balance to the force....When he's finished, there are two Jedi left, and two Sith left. :(

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Well if you think about it Ankin does indeed bring balance he helps destroy the republic then hes child saves the rebellion and he ends the chancellor to save hes son. Anikan comes off more of a man with the powers of the force instead of a Jedi or sith.

Though Luke was certainly essential in the process, Anakin is indeed the Chosen One. Luke's part (and to some degree, Leia's) was to place doubt within Vader's mind as to his humanity. Also, Palpatine desired to have Luke by his side instead of Vader as Luke's potential would have exceeded his father's (as Vader wore the suit which diminished some of his prowess as a combatant). These contributions by Luke were necessary in order for Anakin to fulfill his destiny: to remove Palpatine, bring about the end of the Galactic Empire, and thus bring balance to the Force.

That moment in ROTJ when Vader stops Palpatine from attacking Luke and throws him down the shaft are what, in my opinion, the films build up to...the final climax.

Yeah, Anakin/Vader is the chosen one, Lucas said that more then once.

You shouldn't forget, it was Anakin who killed the Emperor, not Luke.

Think of the force as the nature. The darkside isn't supposed to be there, it is an abomination in the force itself. By killing the last Sith and destroying the grip of the darkside on the galaxy, he restored the force.

That's one of the reasons why the expanded universe doesn't really fit to the movies. They didn't really have a choice as darksiders are the only enemy for Jedi, but the story itself was over when the Emperor was killed, because the movie needed a conclusion / happy ending.

Heh, just another example of EU doing it better than Lucas, but I won't dwell on the negative. I rather try to count how many different EU type vehicles/spaceships there is in those trailers. The Juggernaut HAV is very faithfully replicated, minus the admittedly silly looking observation tower, though.

Edit: Oh the EU Juggernaut is actually based on unused OT concept art. Didn't know that.

SODOFF Steam group.

I'd rather have it Rated R.

It would be appropriate. I think what George Lucas is doing is making movies that are targeted at audiences the same age-range that Anakin is in each of the movies.

Episode I had a goofy computer animated retarded fish-man that the kiddies could, in their youthful stupidity, laugh at. As well as an 8 year old who kicked ass. Anakin was the aforementioned little kid in this one.

The second was Titanic - DeCaprio, + force powers. Anakin was a teenager in this one.

So by this trend alone, I was hoping and PRAYING that Lucas would make this an appropriately 'Mature' movie. Thing is, I don't think he's made a seriously Mature movie since 'Empire Strikes Back.' I have serious doubts if he'll pull it off.

oh, great. they've reduced palpatine to a cackling fool. a hysteric and borderline insane character with his characteristic "evil" laughter....

Dude...I have to say that the shot of Palpatine morphing into Sidious and charging Mace and the other Jedi while letting out that high-pitched wale was utterly terrifying.

And then later, hurling those senate platforms at Yoda while firing his lightning bolts and laughing maniacally was just too cool.

I f****** can't wait for this movie. I've been thinking about it all morning. I mean, this is STAR WARS. They didn't even have to make the first two. This is the one that everyone's been waiting for. This is the one where we see what Star Wars is truly all about.

"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

Edit: Damn. So I guess THAT'S the power of the True Sith. No one can stand against even one of them. Including five or six Jedi Masters.

Best. Trailer. Ever.