The 'Remote' bit & endgame

This is just my blathering thoughts on finishing the game for the 1st time...there WILL BE spoilers...doh

So....I finished the game today (Dark) and while it wasn't a great ending, at least Kreia gives you lots of verbal maybes about your companions fates. I'd prefer cutscenes but at least it was something.

Question: The whole 'Remote' sequence w/the computer consoles. What was that about? I mean, they show Goto holding him hostage, but that's it. No conclusion to that little scenario. I didn't pick the dialogue option w/Keira that said "I could blow up this place" or whatever...is that why? If I had, would I have seen a cutscene that showed poor little Remotes fate?

Random comments:

I madly took screenshots of all the 'future' dialogue since I have a poor memory. I must have 400-500 screenshots of this game of various lines. :rolleyes:

Considering the way my game developed, I was surprised that my character asked if Atton loved her, not Disciple. Maybe that was just the timing of dialogue however. I liked Kreias answers. Hehe

This game confirmed for me that SW philosophy on the 'Force' etc. just goes in one ear and out the other - way over my head. Heh. Kreia totally lost me. But still entertaining fiction.

Sion was cool. I liked his end-fight scenario.

The only major complaint I have about the end game

is the fact that after building an entire party, crafting their stuff etc, you're alone for a long time at the end. The very very end I can see, Master & Pupil mano-o-mano or whatever...but all entire?

Bah. But I still want to play it a few more times...I'll just skip the whole end-planet/asteroid/whatever etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Question: The whole 'Remote' sequence w/the computer consoles. What was that about? I mean, they show Goto holding him hostage, but that's it. No conclusion to that little scenario. I didn't pick the dialogue option w/Keira that said "I could blow up this place" or whatever...is that why? If I had, would I have seen a cutscene that showed poor little Remotes fate?

This was part of the sequences that were cut due to LA rushing the game.

What is supposed to happen is that HK-47 bursts in, kicks Gotos ass and he and the remote detonate the Shadow Generator, thereby destroying Malachor V if you were a LS player. If you were a DS player, Goto wins and I don't know what happens to HK-47 (they either fight and or HK just goes along with "the fat one" because HK isn't exactly a shining beacn of morality).

The big problem with this sequence is that it DEPENDS on the Droid Planet/Factory subquest that HK even mentions (about being jealous of the new HK models) where you and your party go to where all the assassin droids are being made and blow it up and or free HK-47 from Goto's grip.

The other semi-cut subplot involving Goto itself is that Goto really IS Goto (the robot is Goto; there is no "man behind the curtain"). He/It was the droid intelligence that the Ithorians originally commissioned to help them restore Telos and that mysteriously vanished.

(See how everything ties together and why cutting out a lot of the stuff leaves huge, massive gaps in story logic?!)

The only major complaint I have about the end game is the fact that after building an entire party, crafting their stuff etc, you're alone for a long time at the end. The very very end I can see, Master & Pupil mano-o-mano or whatever...but all entire?

Bah. But I still want to play it a few more times...I'll just skip the whole end-planet/asteroid/whatever etc.

Again, the "end game" was supposed to be another shift in perspective in that once the Ebon Hawk crashed, your NPC party was supposed to get back together (after Mira fighting Hanharr to end their subplot) and either go kill Kriea for Revenge (DS), or go and rescue the Exile (LS). They also think the Exile is dead as well and there is a lot of emotional scenes that flesh out the characters and give them tons of depth.

Also, the theme of sacrifice -- that Kriea warned you about -- Comes to fruition when Atton is captured and tortured by Scion and a few other NPCs also die trying to save you or enact revenge.

Ultimately, I think Atris was supposed to be the final boss once you either save (LS) or kill (DS) Kriea as Atris is the next/new Darth Traya.

===

What irks me is this actually IS a cool story... But it is completely butchered to the point that what we have is nothing more than a hack-and-slash game towards the end where all of the payoff of investing time in your NPC party would have paid off and this ending completely blows KOTOR I's out of the water, LS or DS.

Yeah...I did read that thread about the sound files and stuff....and got that program so I could listen to them. So just gaps then....

It is a great (original) story, although I'm not sure I would have been very pleased to see Atton planting daisies, even if it was noble.... :D

Perhaps it's one of those 'we can't kill off all those characters yet, what if we want to use them in the next game' executive decisions.....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Forna K. Shan, I have been wondering the same thing, but then I thought that we don't know if the Exile survived or not. We don't seem him\her in Darth Traya's death cinematic, and all we see of the Ebon Hawk is it flying off (LS) or being destroyed (DS). Maybe they cut out the explanation on how the Exile rid him\herself of the force bond?

-Ben

Forna K. Shan, I have been wondering the same thing, but then I thought that we don't know if the Exile survived or not.  We don't seem him\her in Darth Traya's death cinematic, and all we see of the Ebon Hawk is it flying off (LS) or being destroyed (DS).  Maybe they cut out the explanation on how the Exile rid him\herself of the force bond?

-Ben

Very strange.

I finished the game only once and with a fully LS character. The Movies that were unlocked and presented in-game were:

Death of the Ebon Hawk - where it falls from where it had been wedged upon arrival.

Collapse of the Trayus Core - showing the Ebon Hawk rising from beneath and pausing next to where the Exile fought Kreia.

Escape from the Trayus Core - with Ebon Hawk soaring up to the surface of Malachor while the pit walls are collapsing.

Death of Malachor - the Ebon Hawk leaving the crumbling planet in the distance.

You know, maybe someday after Obsidian has helped us sort out some of the bigger questions I might actually get around to asking why I was shown the Death of the Ebon Hawk scene. :rolleyes:

The whole endgame was an insult to everyone who bought the game. It made so little sense, and was waaaaaay too rushed.

Why was Mira, 'the huntress', important for Kreia to stop? She didn't do anything after defeating Hanrarr... and why was she the only party member Kreia mentioned? What happened to Bao-Dur, since he spoke to the remote in a hologram?

But as to this Remote/G0T0 sequence, they should have cut that as well - to avoid all this confusion and speculation...

Speculation: perhaps in the original game/plot, Bao-Dur programmed his Remote to display that hologram/instructions if he died/failed a mission of his own (that he tried to undertake after crashing on Malch. etc)