Citadel Station Sidequests

Get the job from the smuggler so you know what he wants you to aquire. Then go tell Gren and he will get you a suitcase with all the bits in it.

First time I thought umm I'll go collect the stuff myself and then turn him in. But you get caught up in a lot of bad events over which you have no control.

Once you start working for the bad guys (steal the first item) I think it cuts off your ability to work for Gren. Or it might just be when you have to kill the first TSF guy.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yes, well, I went to the Lt. right after I saw the shopkeeper and there was no dialogue option. I am assuming now that as soon as I discover the shopkeeper is the smuggler I need to break out of the dialogue and go directly to the Lt.

Seems kind of silly to me... if I agree to work for the smuggler right there, then go to the Lt. *before* stealing anything, then I should still be recognized for doing good as I am placing myself "undercover".

Oh well, I have moved well past there now... maybe next time.

Yes, well, I went to the Lt. right after I saw the shopkeeper and there was no dialogue option.  I am assuming now that as soon as I discover the shopkeeper is the smuggler I need to break out of the dialogue and go directly to the Lt.

Seems kind of silly to me... if I agree to work for the smuggler right there, then go to the Lt. *before* stealing anything, then I should still be recognized for doing good as I am placing myself "undercover".

Oh well, I have moved well past there now... maybe next time.

He should acknowledge it but will say that you need proof. Which is where finding out what the smuggler wants comes in and setting up the sting. Doing it the other way will just result in events getting way out of your control.

You dont have to steal anything. Just have the smugglers list of things for Gren to assemble.

While you might think you are placing yourself under cover doing it the other way. Since Gren dosnt know and since things will soon get out of hand it will never work out.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

That's how i did it and it worked for me... maybe it depends on which dialogue path you take when taking with the shopkeeper, but am quite positive i left him under impression am about to work for him and with the quest to gather stuff active in the journal, then went to Gren and talked about it, got the package etc.