question about force powers

I'm not a hundred percent clear on how force barrier and energy resistance work. With force barrier, each attack that is made against you an X amount of points is subtracted from that damage and you recieve the rest?

Is that how it works? The description of it wasn't quite clear to me.

I assume that energy resistance work in a similar manner?

-thank you in advance

These two powers are mostly useless. They're not even as good as "Energy Shield" or Mandalorian Melee shield.

By the time you master they're not worth putting points into unless you have nothing left that's any good and just getting junk powers cause you gotta pick a power.

These two powers are mostly useless.  They're not even as good as "Energy Shield" or Mandalorian Melee shield. 

By the time you master they're not worth putting points into unless you have nothing left  that's any good and just getting junk powers cause you gotta pick a power.

wrong.

energy resistance and force barrior subtracts 5-20 points of damage per hit during the duration of the force power...you can deplete an energy shield in one combat round, if they inflict more damage per round than your verpine prototype energy shield. they're meant to be used with resistant or immunity armor, and with your equippable energy shields. :ph34r:

used with other equipment, especially early in the game, they're life savers. :p:p"

these two powers are amazing...ESPECIALLY energy resistance...having a power on that subtracts from total damage...say u take 40 damage i think max energy resistance subtracts 20 damage from that damage so u take only 20.

The other power works the same away except just with physical damage like slashing or bludgeon (but lasts for a shorter time than energy resistance).

The damage subtracted is per hit, not total. Use it and you can have a whole squad of troops blasting you for no damage. Even in Trayus Academy I was hit for zero points quite often.