Visas Fanart

Yes its good to see that almost everyone knows of their collective masculinity.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I personally think the Exile is female, but there's an audience to cater for :( I guess if you don't think it's the Exile, you could pretend it's Atton (he's mine!) or maybe Nihilus without his mask or something ;) Or maybe Visas found some random person in the street whilst you were all discussing who'd she be best with?!

And I have nothing against constructuve criticism, although I must admit I am curious as to in which way you think the drawing is flat. I can personally see many things wrong with the picture, but that wasn't one of them. Did you mean you'd like to see more contrasted shadows/highlights, more texture, or more gradation in the shading? If the former, yes, I could've done more (I grew especially bored when colouring Exile's shirt) ;) The original lines were very, very simple, and I thought a simple cel-shading would suit their cartoonishness best.

Oh, and my boyfriend also pointed out that it should be more pink than purple, but what can I say? I'm addicted to purple! I also didn't do the gold detailing around the rim of her veil, too.

...although I must admit I am curious as to in which way you think the drawing is flat.

It's mostly due to the lack of depth in the colors. Naturally a 2D image can't be 3D, but you can make it look 3D with shadows, variations in the tone of colors, etc. The exile's arm and hand, for example, looks very 2D.

Of course, if you were aiming for the 2D look, then you did a good job.

Have you tried it with just the outline and no colours?

Believe me - the outline is very, very simple, plus I chopped and changed it a bit once I'd scanned it in, erased parts of it etc.

And yes, I was going for a 2D cartoon style, I wasn't attempting to make it look 3D or particularly realistic - I would've probably done a more detailed pencil version and spent more time shading if that was the case! Like I said before, just trying out some simple cel-shading.

Tsel - thanks, practice makes perfect as they say! I realise some of the proportions are a tiny bit off, and working out where the shadow falls has never been an extremely strong point of mine, so I'll try to improve that.

Even as a LS character I was tempted to cut Visas in a half at the first meeting.

Delusional and too emotive. She reminds me of most women I've met. Hence the homicidal instincts.  <_<

Ya that's uhhhhhhh...................that's nice

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.