Anyone else feel the game was somehow incomplete?

I just felt at the end of the game that the story hadn't really started yet...

I mean there was very little done with the characters...

And the plot seemed just somehow...not right...

I'm not quite sure what...

Also, i really missed friendly locales

In KOTOR 2 there really were no friendly cities or places where you could interact, like Taris or Dantooine or parts of every city including Korriban...

Any ideas?

Can I say one thing? Don't take it the wrong way now... DUH!!! :(

The cut content threw many things off, but it was still a good game, and the story makes sense to me, even with a few holes in it.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I got halfway thru the final battle and my darn disk stuffed up so I still haven't completed the game :(;) *Your disk is either dirty or damaged* Grrrrr, well it wasn't dirty that's for sure... spitting chips that I haven't been able to play the rest of it. I have to wait till the company I got the disk from has decided what has gone on with the disk and returns it to me again. There wasn't any obvious damage that I could see on the disk. So yeah. I'm feeling real ripped off right now. I want a workable disk so I can play my new favourite game!!!

I'm willing to bet money it would have been a hell of a lot more 'complete' if it wasn't for LA and their 'get it out for christmas and make more money' attitudes.

But I whole heartedly agree with you, overall it was a good game, but it wasn't without its very significant faults. Rushed is an understatement, which the many spelling and gramarical errors stand as a testament to.

But they are either keeping the really cool stuff (like a fully blown apprentice system to name one) for the next (and maybe final) installment.

This is old news (no offense, it's just that there's been enough threads about it to fill the forum already). The really interesting issue here is that not only does TSL lack an ending, it also made sure that the first game lost the ending it had.

Let's boycott LA until Kotor III comes out, and then only if it gets good reviews! Let's teach them that we want quality!!! :(

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Doubt it'll work (considering some of the reviews KotOR2 got, which apparently were written by people who haven't actually finished the game yet), but I'm in. I'm gonna wait a while before I buy it and read the relevant boards instead. You know, since it's far more accurate than whatever score system IGN has dreamed up for the day.

I'd be more likely to buy unseen if Obsidian do it. I'm kinda dreading going back to a Bioware story after KOTORII. I'm interested in JE but more from a different gameplay angle (it's much more hands on than previous Bio RPGs).

Considering I played KOTORII 4 times I got way more value out of it than many "complete" games which I only played once (KOTORI being one of those).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'd be more likely to buy unseen if Obsidian do it. I'm kinda dreading going back to a Bioware story after KOTORII. I'm interested in JE but more from a different gameplay angle (it's much more hands on than previous Bio RPGs).

Considering I played KOTORII 4 times I got way more value out of it than many "complete" games which I only played once (KOTORI being one of those).

Absolute opposite here...KOTOR 1 7ish times and wondering if i should replay KOTOR 2 a second time.

Absolute opposite here...KOTOR 1 7ish times and wondering if i should replay KOTOR 2 a second time.

KotOR 1 (fanboy alert :( ) about 11 times, and KotOR 2, 3 times up to now (still trying for that blasted Darth Malak armor <_< ) On a side note, does it actually look like Malaks from KotOR 1, or is it just some rip off fibre armor with Malaks name attached?

What was with the duh...it seemed kinda random...

It only makes sense if you have been around these boards for a while. There have been many, many, many threads on this topic and the consensus is that the game could have used a bit more development time.

KOTOR2 was passable, no more, no less. Bugs aside, I felt it's main failing was the sketched NPC interaction (Kreia notable exception). For instance, what's the point with several romance options if none of them are done thoroughly? Another grievance was the lack of difficulty; my non-combative councilor tore through all opponents with disgusting ease. No (random) Sith ever tried to use any force powers against me. What's the point with force resistance and force dispel powers then?

However, I quite fancied the plot itself eventhough it in many ways was a copy of that of the first installment. The hint of a legend level "force-brawl" for the follow-up (which indubitably will come) was promising indeed.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

There are Bioware stories and then there are Bioware stories. I played KotOR 3 times (and feel no urge to replay it), but I played BG2 + ToB well over a dozen times (probably closer to 20). I played TSL once and I feel no urge to replay it (please note that I also saw my 2 room-mates play through it with different characters, so between us we probably got most of it). In fact, unless there is a patch that introduces some massive differences between the X-Box and the PC or some cool fan-made mods, I don't intend to buy the PC version.

Aside on mods: Part of the reason why I replayed BG2 so many times was that there were many decent and even a few great mods for it. As usual, many were trash -- but that is inevitable; the point is, there were some good ones. Note that BG2 had absolutely no built in toolset (unlike NWN and later games). The only mods for TSL so far seem to be the kind that nerfs some class or other and the like. That's not what I mean by a mod; the BG2 mods had characters, story and sub-quests that were integrated into the core story (with various degrees of success). If someone were to do that for other games, I'm sure they would become more replayable as well. A pity that BG2 seems to be one of the rare few that inspired this.

Well, I agree with most of you that the game isn't completed at all. The lots of bugs will testify it. Let's just name a few:

Buy a Rubat crystal, put it in a lightsaber and it's gone. Customize a Lightsaber on Dantooine and you get a free new one with the same crystals. Good bug this one

Equip Handmaiden with Armor. Then tell her you want to fight. The armor will disapeear from your inventory.

A lot of other bugs are in there of course but this came to my mind first.

One thing I really don't like are the Male Faces. I really have a hard time selecting one where I can live with. Maybe DS players have less trouble but since I play almost all the times LS I really don't like them. Obsidian had better copy all of them from Bioware since these are really better.

But enough off that. The game left me so incomplete because I expected much more from Korriban and Dantooine since we played them in the first game. I would certainly have liked it if Revan had left more marks:

How about if you told Atton that Revan went LS and when you were on Dantooine you could visit Shen Matale and Rahasia Sandral's house who then have a 3 year old son?!

How about you meet Mission on Nar Shaddaa? Seems just a good place for her to relive her old experiences from Taris?!

Sure, I like the item creation system, the many more gameplay enhancements etc. I just miss a completed story! How about if we discover that HK-50 droid factory is on Coruscant. It's just an idea but I would have preffered if we could go there, it's just the kind of place to look for more information about missing Jedi and a place to build Assasin Droids (Remember Rakto from JA). I would very much appreciate it if your search was not only for 4 Jedi Masters but also for 2 or 3 Jedi Knights. How about that?!

Master Vandar lives!

I would very much appreciate it if your search was not only for 4 Jedi Masters but also for 2 or 3 Jedi Knights. How about that?!

Then we'd be even more upset than we are now considering that there is no way that could have made it into the game anyway and we'd have more cut-content going unused.

The real thing that upsets me and I think a lot of people on this board... Die-hard OE, SW and RPG fans alike... Is that this game shows so much potential... SO MUCH... Yet it may never be realized becuase none of the cut-content will ever be completed by OE because I seriously doubt LA is going to authorize restoring the content that actually finishes the game since LA has essentially made their money on both the XBox and PC versions and "what's done is done".

Releasing an unfinished game is the worst thing a developer and publisher can do in my humble opinion... Because bugs can be patched and eventually fixed if a buggy game is released whereas you can't just magically complete an unfinished game if the content and funds aren't there to begin with.

What really hit this aspect home for me is when one of the previous posters said they have little desire to replay the game more than the initial time... Not because of the storyline... But because you have the unfortunate insight to know that none of your efforts of influencing and leveling up your character and NPCs goes anywhere if we get right down to it.

And the "it's not the destination, it's the journey" is very weak justification for what LA did to this project.

An RPG's main goal IS the destination no matter how people try and spin it in my opinion. A weak ending (or no ending in this case) negates a destination and invalidates everything that came befor it... The very reason why we play RPGs to begin with.

The real thing that upsets me and I think a lot of people on this board... Die-hard OE, SW and RPG fans alike... Is that this game shows so much potential... SO MUCH...

I've said the same thing before, more than once.

On that note, this is the reason I complain. It's probably easy to read my posts and assume I hate everything about the game because I seem to have a problem with everything. However, if you do, you've failed to realize that it's because I like the game that I complain. If I had hated it, I wouldn't have bothered posting at all. I post because I want to point out mistakes (at least what I perceive as mistakes) so the game, or at least the sequel, can become better. Perhaps I'm more critical of certain things that they deserve, and maybe that's a problem, but that doesn't make what I say any more false. I can only speak for myself, and there are exceptions of course, but I refuse to believe that everyone who complain about KotOR2 or any game for that matter do it because they hate it.

The real thing that upsets me and I think a lot of people on this board... Die-hard OE, SW and RPG fans alike... Is that this game shows so much potential... SO MUCH...

I've said the same thing before, more than once.

On that note, this is the reason I complain. It's probably easy to read my posts and assume I hate everything about the game because I seem to have a problem with everything. However, if you do, you've failed to realize that it's because I like the game that I complain. If I had hated it, I wouldn't have bothered posting at all. I post because I want to point out mistakes (at least what I perceive as mistakes) so the game, or at least the sequel, can become better. Perhaps I'm more critical of certain things that they deserve, and maybe that's a problem, but that doesn't make what I say any more false. I can only speak for myself, and there are exceptions of course, but I refuse to believe that everyone who complain about KotOR2 or any game for that matter do it because they hate it.

Agreed, utterly :ermm:

But quality comes a poor 2nd when there is

I've just finished TSL for the first time, and it seemed very...short. 22 hours - KOTOR I took me over 40, first go. I'll still play it through another couple of times though - I've heard that if you play it through a third time after completing it with both a DS and LS character, there's extra dialogue between the party members.

Personally, I'd like to have seen a bit more bad guy action - in KOTOR, you see Malak brooding quite often in cutscenes, and I think it would have been nice to see Nihilus and Sion a bit more.

I was left extremely dissapointed by KotOR II (which I completed earlier today).

The obvious and many many bugs put aside, the plot was simply not fullfilling enough; it had tons of holes, as we all know, and therefore falls to the ground. And not only did it have lots of holes, it also had lots of elements that made no or little sense. And the all-too-obviously rushed and unsatisfying ending angered me. And the game being very short compared to the first one didn't help either.

Why did Darth Nihilus need a Sith army to "eat" Telos? If he was as powerful as he was made out to be, being a consumer of worlds and all - with Godlike powers - then why did he need that? In fact, I find it outrageously silly that a character in the game was this powerful. And even more outrageously silly that you are able to defeat him in a lightsaber duel this easily... I mean, this guy consumed a whole planet with force sensitive sentinents. And a bunch of Jedis, too! Silly...

Speaking of silly strengths, why is Hanrarr able to beat most - if not all - Jedi/Sith characters in the game? Why is Col. Tobin tougher than a Dark Jedi? Why is Kreia able to kill 3 Jedi Masters without them even being able to put up a fight? Especially the latter annoys me. These guys weren't just Jedis, they were Jedi *Masters*! They were Yodas! They were strong! But yet they were slain just like that? Very dissapointing indeed.

Generally, most of the TSL characters seemed too rushed and too uninteresting compared to their KotOR I counterparts. I just didn't care about any of them in the same way. In the first game, I desperately tried all doors on the Leviathan, when Bastila had been locked in with Malak, trying to rescue her. Neither Visla (or whatever her name is) or Handmaiden (what the h... kind of name is that anyway?) gave me that feeling - far from. Even Canderous lost his edge... and I got HK-47 too late in the game to really have any use of him, nor a chance to interact with him much.

The planets... well, Peragus was annoying me greatly. It was too long, and too linear for my blood. Taris was HEAPS better. Most of the other planets were quite good though, with the exception of Korribaan - wich was pretty good in the first game, but lame and uninteresting here. But the planets were generally good, once you got rid of Peragus... *sigh*

Though I missed Tattooine (which is always a great planet for use in SW :D ) and Manaan... but eh, can't have it all.

Having said all this, I must also add that I like all the new game features. There's generally more options, and some great improvements here and there. The influence system was a great idea, but should have been executed better. Though I miss the "transit" function...

I also enjoyed the way the quests were made; they were plentyful, and for the greater part interesting. The various big battles where you chose a side were fun. Quest messages were for the most part helpful - except for the late game, where they completely siezed to exist...

All in all, I feel that we need - that we *deserve* - an enhancement pack, restoring much of the cut material. I doubt many of the LucasArts emplyees would enjoy buying a new car, only to see key parts of the engine missing... would they not demand a repair?

True as ever , the fans are pissed off. The reason why the game was rushed ,and yes it was rushed by about four months . Was due to the christmas rush ,and the actual release date that was given to the animators and myself was 4/ 20/05 . The big problem that management felt would hurt sales was that it conflicted with Episode 3 . My last day as a modeler ( which is some one who designs the various components of a poly figure) there were no plans to have the third game us any of the party members from the second one. How ever they did want Mandalor to remain under the helment, if you have an Action Replay you can find his skin with out the helment. Mainly because in the third game they will us a new and a few old party members . I felt that when the game was put out everyone would be pissed we were pissed too. But yes LA as it has been referred to was responsible for the last minute push to the selfs.

P.S. I say 'F' them , most of our department was removed for voice our opinions.