So, what did Vrook want you to do?

I agree with the last post.  I have a fondness for grouchy old men, though.  (Not that kind of fondness).  But cantankerous and suspicious does not = evil.

Vrook acts to cut off the Force in the Exile in order to save the galaxy - he doesn't do it out of hatred or dislike.

Vrook is full of dark side glee. He hates you. Hate leads to the Dark Side. He fears you. Fear leads to the dark side. Basically he hates everything and everyone. He is evil.

Personally, I like the dialog option of "lotta good you were doing inside a force cage" That really sums up what vrook has accomplished. He's not using mercanaries. He's hiding.

The council had no right to exile me. They should have forgiven me after the mandalorian wars. They should have tried to help me. They should have tried to understand what happened to me. Instead they cast me off and turn their backs on me. None of the council are jedi.

What happened to Vandar's lesson that "noone is beyond hope of redemption" form KOTOR 1? Vrook never believed in that jedi babbling. Such thinking is weakness as far as Vrook is concerned.

I'm forced to agree with those that think Vrook is really a sith lord. He exhibits no traits worthy of a jedi. Maybe the council should've exiled him instead of me. Perhaps I wouldn't have taken such a dark road and not be forced to murder all the fools if they would have accepted me when I returned to face the council, but NO. The fools had to send me into exile.

Personally, I like the dialog option of "lotta good you were doing inside a force cage"  That really sums up what vrook has accomplished.  He's not using mercanaries.  He's hiding.

Couldn't restrain myself and told him exactly that... :ermm:"

Best thing out of helping the settlers in that small Dantooine conflict is, i get to see Vrook almost (and grudgingly) apologetic after all is said and done. I suspect that's the very reason next time i saw him during the council he jumped me, lightsaber swinging, the very second he saw me. Bet he was dreading the subject would pop up and the other Jedi master would get a laugh out of it... <_<

Vrook is Kreia on bad hair day... except its' always bad hair day for Vrook.

Vrook is no Jedi, pure and simple. You want proof? Talk to the droid on Dantooine at the landing pad. Get it to play back the episode of Vrook's hatred towards the Exile while the Exile was still only a padawan. Require more proof? Ask the Council why you were exiled. What does Vrook do? He lies! If not for Zez-Kai El speaking up, old Vrooky boy would head off on another "you fought the Mandalorians while I cowered on Couruscant" tirade. He makes me puke. The only good Vrook, is a dead Vrook.

Truly the most satisfying moment in the game is when you laughingly tell him your analyzing his style and have mastered it. The fear in his response, oh yeah, its swEEt. Come to think of it, you get DS points for killing the mercenaries in the cave, but no DS points for attacking Vrook, even though you have the option to avoid combat with him. Clearly a sign...

Come to think of it, you get DS points for killing the mercenaries in the cave, but no DS points for attacking Vrook, even though you have the option to avoid combat with him. Clearly a sign...

Actually, I'm playing through as DS at the moment, and killed off Zez-Kai El on Nar Shaddar. No DS points for that either. It was a major bummer, cause I had to stay relatively good until I could get Mira :- in my party. lol.

Well... i didnt hate Vrook.

To me he seems like a "cold" ,"everything must be done by the book" Jedi.

I remember hearing somewhere in KOTOR 2 that he became this way because he saw

the death of such an enormous number of Jedi during the war. And when he speaks with

you after you get hm out of that force "cage"  he is partially right saying that you need to act with more responsibility. Still that doesent justify the way he acts completely.

Yes a jedi needs to be cool and calm but Vrook takes this too far.

He says something about you acting impulsively, charging into situations without thinking first. But if you talk to HK47, that's exactly what you need to do, to fight Jedi or Sith, since some of them can see into the future and anticipate your actions. And sitting back and thinking too much is exactly what got the Republic into such a bad position against the Mandalorians, and divided the Jedi. What he sees as a bad thing is actually a positive one, in the current conflict. But I suppose he resents it because he can't predict what you might do ... and he already fears you because you're different. Perhaps you always were.

I think it's rich that he (and the other two) admit that they recognize the problem in the Force, and they decide it's YOU. Just you. You caused it, you're spreading it. Do they think it will magically go away if they strip away the Force powers? Hello? Sith? Or are they simply not capable of 'seeing' the others?

Short-sighted fools, clinging to a narrow belief, deluding themselves that they still have power. But the problem is, they do still have influence in the Republic, and for that reason both Kreia and Revan believed they had to go. The time for stubbornly adhering to such a narrow doctrine (sometimes only when it served them) was over, and they were doing more harm than good.

Let's see how many Jedi Masters are there total?

Atris, Vrook, Kavar, and moustache man.

"There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force."

With Vash dead/cut this is on more of a limb then it might have been originally.

Atris fails at the first part.

Vrook fails with the second line, being ignorant.

Moustache man on Nar Shadaa fails the third line due to his passions driving him into hiding.

Kavar fails the fourth line due to his inability to resolve the chaos on Onderon? (a stretch)

Vash most likely failed the fifth line due to her master/apprentice relationship gone awry. Though this is a stretch since that was cut from the game.

Since Darth Traya was a former Master herself, most likely the line can apply to her due to her attempt to destroy the force though this is a stretch.

Five masters, all failing the code in their own ways.

Sorry for being a little off-topic and probably completely dumb but when I played through the game I don't remember Master Vandar being said to have been on Katarr...all I remember is hearing one of the characters or Jedi masters say something to the effect of: "Master Zhar, Dorak, all lost on Katarr." Vandar was probably included but it's bugging me that I can't remember it. Probably should play through the game again but if anyone can clear that up for me that would be great :("

I don't remember Vrook actually ever training Revan. It just doesn't seem to fit really. Kreia was Revan's first and greatest trainer (possibly because she was the most honest). Kreia mentions a couple of jedi, but i'm positive that Vrook wasn't in that list (I remember 'that fool Zhar - The twi'lek I think). I think Vandar was another.

I really liked Atris, on the two times I've finished TSL, I was light side male, and the relevation that she loved the exile was great :D (besides, she IS sexy... her potrait anyway). Although, in the 'trial' it sort of befuddles me why she is so quick to sentence him to exile, if she really loved him, wouldn't she try to rescue him?

I do appreciate the option in the trial (I know, off topic) that you can choose to stand by your decision (but, any option you choose will obviously still lead to your exile), I know that I would of.

The whole verbal duel between the Exile and Atrius is gold as well. You can actually get her to see your side of things (to an extent), and I think it affects her somewhat as well.

Anyway; back to Vrook. I don't think he was DS, but he was obviously pretty close to it. Perhaps he didn't realise how close he was and maybe Kreia did the right thing at the Council.

But, I have to say it: The Council were weak fools because they didn't support the Republic against the Mandalorians. Even though both times I have played this game as light side, I always find myself supporting and standing by that decision. For this reason, I enjoyed TSL somewhat more so than KOTOR.

I hope Obsidian gets the contract for the third installment.

Hmm, would it be 'best' for a DS character to let the Masters live and face them on the council? Or is it more DSish to kill them one by one? And also, which way of doing it would make Kreia :wub: hug me even more? :wub:

I'm asking since I already kinda wasted Moustache Man on NS, wondering if I should let Vrook live and save the pleasure of his demise later.

FYI even as a DS, I'm still gonna save the administration on Dantooine, but only for the stability of the Republic... I think. :cool:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Vrook's a Sith Lord. I'm certain of it. Forcibly breaking someone's connection to the force as he attempts to do to you on Dantooine, is like simultaneously depriving them of all of their other senses at once, that is, forcibly blinding and deafening them, while cutting out their tounge, breaking their nose and burning all their skin off, and must be pretty damn near to rape in terms of the emotional damage it would do.

No doubt about it, Vrooky's batting for the other team.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Ah perfect, I'll remember to tell them that! I love this game. I can save the Republic (Telos, Dantooine) and still remain utterly evil. :wub:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Hmm, would it be 'best' for a DS character to let the Masters live and face them on the council? Or is it more DSish to kill them one by one? And also, which way of doing it would make Kreia  :wub:  hug me even more?  :wub:

Kreia become a bit unglued if you kill them. ;)

And it partly ruins what ending there is because you don't get the council meeting

Playing both ways is recommended. :wub:

(and Vrook is a bastard)

Okay, so from what I understand I can still get the others gathered despite my earlier slaying of Moustache Man.

Strayed a little bit from the topic, but Vrook was in there somewhere! :)

DENMARK!

Okay, so from what I understand I can still get the others gathered despite my earlier slaying of Moustache Man.

Strayed a little bit from the topic, but Vrook was in there somewhere!  :thumbsup:

Depends on if you side with Vaklu i think, because that results in another Jedi master biting the dust even if you don't want it, and Vrook alone is not much of gathering...

I must say that part kind of sucked for me. I had Vrook saved, then had nice chat with the moustache guy, and finally i help Vaklu in his little rebellion and Master Vandar is like "omg die!" even if we had a friendly talk in the cantina not long before... so then i go back to Dantooine to the council and the other two Maters are like "you ebil Jedi killer >o" and nothing i'd say would make a difference... and after that all dialogue options given were not to Kreia's liking and small wonder really she wouldn't like any of them... that was the one moment when you could hear the wheels of story train screech in protest as it's forced to stay on the prepared plot rails... >_<

I don't remember Vrook actually ever training Revan. It just doesn't seem to fit really. Kreia was Revan's first and greatest trainer (possibly because she was the most honest). Kreia mentions a couple of jedi, but i'm positive that Vrook wasn't in that list (I remember 'that fool Zhar - The twi'lek I think). I think Vandar was another.

I hope Obsidian gets the contract for the third installment.

In K1, Vrook was there in the training chamber, but he didn't contribute much to Revan's training. He was his hypercritical self, though not with the bitter viciousness he displayed in K2. Vandar and Zhar did most of it, and then there was the library/historian dude (don't remember his name but Kreia didn't mention it).

I read somewhere that with LA's reorganization they laid off much of their in-house staff ... and I thought that K3 was farmed out to a company called 'The Collective'. However, all I see on their site is a reference to an 'Episode III' game, which is quite a different animal (staying away from what species). Maybe I misunderstood, being desperate for another KOTOR. However, K3 was under development at the time of the reorganization. No idea where it stands now.

I wouldnt call the Jedi Masters in KOTOR "fools" just because they advised caution and patience.

Look what happened in the Prequel Episodes. There we have a completely opposite situation: The Jedi Council gives its support to the Republic without hesitation.

Jedi take the roles of Republic Generals and leaders fighting in he front lines.

In my opinion during the Clone Wars the Jedi entangled themselves in war so heavily that their connection to the Force started weakening.

Jedi are not normaly allowed to have any military rank.

And each Jedi is told in the very begining how his\her loyalties should look:

1. To the Force

2. To the Council

3. To the Republic

4. To Himself

In THAT order

Revan probably knew(before the Mandalorian Wars) that by disobeying the Council he will save the Republic , but rip apart the order.

Still the Jedi Council should have decided to act more quickly, that would at least prevent secetion, but we dont know if it wouldnt cause something much worse.

I read somewhere that with LA's reorganization they laid off much of their in-house staff ... and I thought that K3 was farmed out to a company called 'The Collective'.  However, all I see on their site is a reference to an 'Episode III' game, which is quite a different animal (staying away from what species).  Maybe I misunderstood, being desperate for another KOTOR.  However, K3 was under development at the time of the reorganization.  No idea where it stands now.

It was episode 3, when that happened Kotor 2 had just started development.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?