So, what did Vrook want you to do?

Vrook doesn't strike me as a character that would pass up on a chance to complain about what you do. He could probably have found something wrong with the way you looked at him or how your robe was fitting if he ran out of other stuff.

He has outbursts of senile dementia. Plain and simple :thumbsup:

And he's also probably the reason why "the council" decide to strip the exile of his powers. The other two remaining masters looked decent enough to me. But probably they were under Vrook influence.

He has outburst of senile dementia. Plain and simple :p

And he's also probably the reason why "the council" decide to strip the exile of his powers. The other two remaining masters looked decent enough to me. But probably they were under Vrook influence.

That's what confused me as well. Both of the other two Jedi Masters, when they were talking one-on-one, seemed reasonable, even friendly. Yet in the 'Council' atmosphere, they turn on you as soon as Vrook gives his opinion. I almost thought I did something wrong, but replaying that part only makes me kill them, and Kreia didn't like that, either. Man, was she MAD.

Vrook is the real baddie here--he has always had a sense of your power, if not an understanding, and for that he fears and hates you. He and Atris were a good pair; they both used their power to try to destroy you for their own purposes. Perhaps the fact that the others are so easily swayed condemns them as well.

It makes me think that Vrook was the driving force behind the barbaric way Revan was treated by the Jedi.

It makes me think that Vrook was the driving force behind the barbaric way Revan was treated by the Jedi.

Just to say something in the defense of Vrook ... no. From what I have gathered from KotOR I, he would have had Revan rot in a cell instead of setting him on a new mission to re-discover the Star Forge. He was the only one who actually opposed to Revan being (re-)trained as a Jedi ... he would never have given Revan a second chance, unlike the others.

I think that Master Vandar Tokare (the Yoda-looking Jedi Master from KotOR I) could always overrule Vrook's opposition. But now, with Vandar lost on Katarr, Vrook runs loose ... :p

Just to say something in the defense of Vrook ... no. From what I have gathered from KotOR I, he would have had Revan rot in a cell instead of setting him on a new mission to re-discover the Star Forge. He was the only one who actually opposed to Revan being (re-)trained as a Jedi ... he would never have given Revan a second chance, unlike the others.

I think that Master Vandar Tokare (the Yoda-looking Jedi Master from KotOR I) could always overrule Vrook's opposition. But now, with Vandar lost on Katarr, Vrook runs loose ... :wub:

Yeah. Vrook was free to be a poo poo head. Why did Master Vandar hav e to die. The Jedi became dumb with his death. Too bad Vandar died. Long Live Mater Vandar! :p

I think that Master Vandar Tokare (the Yoda-looking Jedi Master from KotOR I) could always overrule Vrook's opposition. But now, with Vandar lost on Katarr, Vrook runs loose ... :p

Umm if this is true than i dont know how Vrook is a Jedi...

When there is at least a small chance for the redemption of a fallen Jedi

a Jedi Master always gives him that chance. (Jedi forgiveness anyone?)

He's just being Vrook. Cant think of a single more satisfying kill in the whole game. He really made you work for it too.

Ed Asner did a great job as Vrook. I really hated him.

He used to be on a TV show as a journalist I think but I cant remember what it was called.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The first two games have only been setting things up for the third game where we meet the true evil master mind beghind it all - master Vrook!  :p

:wub:

unfortunately however the game turned out he's dead.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

He used to be on a TV show as a journalist I think but I cant remember what it was called.

Uhm, that would be "The Mary Tyler Moore" Show.

Man am I showing my age here. :ph34r:

Tsel :p"

You might have been able to avoid that. :wub: He's done a lot of good stuff since. But that is the only one I can immediately call to mind, too.

Well... i didnt hate Vrook.

To me he seems like a "cold" ,"everything must be done by the book" Jedi.

I remember hearing somewhere in KOTOR 2 that he became this way because he saw

the death of such an enormous number of Jedi during the war. And when he speaks with

you after you get hm out of that force "cage" he is partially right saying that you need to act with more responsibility. Still that doesent justify the way he acts completely.

Yes a jedi needs to be cool and calm but Vrook takes this too far.

Vrook doesn't strike me as a character that would pass up on a chance to complain about what you do. He could probably have found something wrong with the way you looked at him or how your robe was fitting if he ran out of other stuff.

Clearly Vrook is actually my mother in disguise then! <ROFL> I think Vrook's kind of like Jolee... if you subtracted all of Jolee's humor and compassion but left in the grumpy old man personality and multiplied the stubborness factor by ten. <chuckle> Of course, I suppose that if, like Vrook, you had a former student suddenly decide to lead a war on the Mandalorians & then decide to take over the galaxy, it'd probably leave you more than a little pessimistic and suspicious about someone's (like the Exile or Revan) motivations. Perhaps it would make you overly, umm, judgemental (to put it politely). :) So, although I don't like Vrook much as a person I guess I can see where he was coming from.

And he's also probably the reason why "the council" decide to strip the exile of his powers.

There's a little problem with that. The Jedi weren't responsible for what happened to the exile. They just cast him/her out, but that's about it.

To me he seems like a "cold" ,"everything must be done by the book" Jedi.

I remember hearing somewhere in KOTOR 2 that he became this way because he saw

the death of such an enormous number of Jedi during the war. And when he speaks with

you after you get hm out of that force "cage"  he is partially right saying that you need to act with more responsibility. Still that doesent justify the way he acts completely.

Yes a jedi needs to be cool and calm but Vrook takes this too far.

I agree.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I agree with the last post.  I have a fondness for grouchy old men, though.  (Not that kind of fondness).  But cantankerous and suspicious does not = evil.

Vrook acts to cut off the Force in the Exile in order to save the galaxy - he doesn't do it out of hatred or dislike.

Yet in him doing it is a bit of an injustice.

He is doing it out of fear of the unknown.

That

If you rescue him, he berates you for acting rashly.

If you don't rescue him, he tries to kill you.

Whether I'm LS or DS, I'm not sorry about killing this guy.

Ih you are referring to dantoine you cant make a options he wouldnt disapprove off less ofcause you dident show which is impossible.

Reasons: Vrook is a elite jedi he is using mercenaries to find out more about the attack on khoonda, and ofcause if you come to rescue him it falters his plans and if you leave him it shows evil intend so either way you a screwed out of options.

But i guess Vrook always been a joyfull spirit :D

But if you are referring to late either at fight or Dantoine its due to your nature and their beliefs, council views you as a wound to the force feeding on it if or not you are actually aware of it, your character is drawn forward the force and other drawn forward you, which causes a hole of somewhat problematic effect on galaxy, as far as ive understood it, why is why council wanna strip you of the force again.

But i guess it all comes down to believes perhaps with jedi's its fear that takes root