Best NPC equipment combos

I am surprised that such a thread has not surfaced yet. :D

Handmaiden: Flex-Armor AC10+3dex, add-ons for 0.6 energy immunity. Give her two maxed Sith Tremor Swords. Unstoppable; and she does even look sexy! (w00t)

Canderous: His armor is bad... but still, with dex-implants around dex20, the usual heavy-repeater maxed out and all skills on ranged. Real fun!

Bao-Dur: "

Oooh, I forgot:

The Exile: Choose female, give her the dancing "clothes". Big Double-light saber in her gentle hands. No need for other maxing equipment. YOURNAME-crystal does it all. For nice sweet restless dreams.

Mira: Always too late to get, no use. Beats me how her supposed-to-be sexy belly-free vest can block up to 5 pts melee-damage... must be some magic enchantment.  :p

nono is quite simple.... it distract opponents making them less precise :-

Mira: Always too late to get, no use. Beats me how her supposed-to-be sexy belly-free vest can block up to 5 pts melee-damage... must be some magic enchantment.  :shifty:

(snip)

Hk-47: Too late in game. Dialogues hilarious. Else not sexy at all. Well, maybe with some BIG maxed-out gun...

If you're getting them so late in the game, you're doing planets in the wrong order.

I like Mira as a ranged combatant, even as a Jedi. Give her the blaster-deflecting Force power and her AC is unimportant.

Mira pump up her constitution to 16. Outfit her with the advanced combat implant and the multispectral target assessor and mandalorian disintegrators/zabrak heavy blasters/micro pulse blasters. Rapid shot with Master speed. If you wait for a few more levels of scout for free Precise shot and Targetting feats, it is gravy. However level 13 is not bad to switch. Nice thing about the implant and the assessor is that they pump her AB to ridiculous levels compared to just raising her dexterity (which items can give anyway). Also the fact that the attack bonuses transfer over to meelee weapons if necessary (she has a backup zabrak vibroblade when things get hairy).

I usually wind up giving her a Matukai Adept robe. Either that or stick with her jacket (no dex bonus limit).

Guest Damar Stiehl

Ranged combat generally sucks though... trading shots with the opposition takes about 3 times longer than getting up in their face with a sabre or frying them with Force Storm.

Altho - HK-47 with Assassin Droid Rifle ugraded for maximum Critical action can do some nice sniping every once in a while...

With a consular build, I really hated the NPCs getting in the way LOL. Hk-47 and Mira behind the PC casting Stasis field and quite a few of them are mowed down before the PC can even cast Force Storm (don't know why the range for Force Storm is lower than Stasis Field LOL so the PC is usually still in the middle of closing the distance).

I don't believe the Assasin Droid Rifle is obtainable other than the give item cheat. If you are lucky, you might get the Charric, Mandalorian Assault rifle or the Wookie bowcaster (keen and *3 critical damage multiplier) while going through the game.

Woah. Had a new run through and discovered a LOT improvements on item combos. Horrai for the random drops!

Mira: maxed MicoPulse Blasters, Rapid Shot, Jedi-Speed. One hell of a bitch. As a bonus, she even can replace Bao or T3 with her maxed skills!

Atton: Found gloves +5 dex for scoundrels.

Exile, male: Males are advantaged, they do get the Wisdom AC-Bonus from Handmaiden. Found universal implants for +2 on every stat. Found Ossus Robe for +4 int and +4 wis +3 cha. Bio-Underware MkV for extra +3 con. JalShey gloves and belt for even more dex and wis increase. Alternatively Sith PowerGloves for +3 str. I may even find a +4 str belt yet, as such one did exist already in Kotor1...

Edit: forgot to mention Saresh Headgear for +5 wis

I also found a crystal with +1-10 electrical. Man how I wish they had implantet whirlwind attack...

Sadly, I am running out of planets, where I can use those cool party/equipment combos... :cool:

I gave up on having my NPCs specialize in ranged combat a long time ago...I think on my first play through of the first Kotor. If someone can present a decent case for it, I might consider it in the future...for now, I prefer to get everyone as melee capable as possible.

All members of the party that are Jedi receive lightsabers asap. Depending on what types I have acquired, I max out either their two-weapon or dueling feats. I switch between upgraded heavy armor and robes (Exile: Jedi Knight Robes/Corellian Power Suit, Atton: Grey Jedi Robes/Iotran Braceman Armor, Mira: Matukai Apprentice Robes/Muf'gha(or however you spell it), Disciple: Ossus Keeper Robes/Mandalorian Assault Armor)

I give everyone the best belts and gloves that I can (always saving the dominator +5 strength gauntlets for myself, and a GNS Strength Enhancer if one is available, if not I go for the Exchange Utility Belt).

I really feel that I have to stress how deadly Canderous can be if you concentrate all of your levelling energy on improving his melee combat. I discovered this in the first game and I was brimming with excitement as soon as he joined the party for the second. His armor isn't the greatest, but give him the most powerful two-bladed weapon you can find and he mows down anything that gets in his way. Mandalorians :)

I am excited about Kotot2 because ranged combat acutally makes more sense than it did in kotor1. Of course, you can go the all melee route and have your party members stumble about each other. But ranged is really an option this time.

I only wish that they would not run around a corner and then across the room directly in front of the melee enemie... :/

If the AI would just make them move sidewards for a clear shooting distance...

Ohhhh...I have to disagree about the ranged thing too. I had Atton as a 2-blaster guy and he kicked butt. I think his stated damage towards the end was around 10-35 each hand....and with all the ranged feats he did fine - massive critical hits and stun chance on both guns and all that. Sometimes I just stood there and watched & giggled..

Sure, he'd take a bit longer than my one to three swings of the lightsaber, but couldn't ask for better support. Plus, ranged NPC's don't get in the way or get 'stuck' treading in place doing nothing to help because you're in the way of his path-sight to the enemy.

I didn't like the rifles however. Fully upgraded high-grade blasters - the unstoppable ones with stun were very effective - is the way to go. I liked having one double- blaster NPC and one melee NPC very much.

The auto-target AI (including for the PC character) tend to target the first noticed, which isn't always the closest. That is annoying - I've even had the 'Jedi support mages' dash forward like that.. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I often use for Atton a Mandalorian desintegretor (sp) and a ionic blaster, this way he is a good support guy for all situations.

Canderous gets melee weapons with a soldier gauntlet if availlable, his strength implant and I upgrade his armor with +3 str +3 con.

HK-47 with a charrick does deadly damages.

no, no, no...

max damage with mandalorian disintegrater/ripper/sith disrupter

precise scope IV, mandalorian chamber, ultimate rylith power cell...

max precise shot feat, weapon specialization blaster (implant) and master power blast...

154 DAMAGE PER HIT ;)

all meatbag npc have 18 con to use implants...

mira jedi at level 20 to max out precise shot for free, con 18, master rapid shot and master flurry...

handmaiden jedi at level 15 max precise shot, max powerblast...

atton jedi at level 20 to max sneak attack, max precise shot, max sniper shot.

all jedi have melee skills and max precise shot with ranged skills.. :-

ai set to jedi support...

Well, I didn't quite get Atton's skills up like that, being it was the 1st time thru the game for me. :- But yeah, much later on I realized I should have maxed out precise shot - I didn't.

I have no idea what his actual in-fight damage was most of the time in my game - the 10-35ish number was just what showed up on the character screen.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hk doesn't have a lot of feats and he already starts out with rifle focus and improved power blast. Best to give him a keen rifle like the Charric or War Bowcaster (even better since *3 damage critical multiplier but with master power blast increases by 1 more). 15-20 critical threat range.

Hk and Mira partnered together mow everything down while the PC gets up close and personal.

Mira's damage with mainhand was over 60 while offhand was nearing 60 with fully kitted mandalorian disintegrator and zabrak heavy blaster.