G0-T0

I found myself liking G0T0 after getting him to confess his true self. And after looking at some of the deleted content for the game, I ended up liking him more. He's not a good guy, but his character makes sense and you can understand why he does what he does.

In fact, I think he was perhaps the character most robbed of depth by the cut and never added content. He's sort of got this tragic Mob boss 'I did these bad things because I had to. Profit was coincidental.' sort of vibe.

Which really kinda suits him being not THE Exchange boss, but one of the major players in the Exchange.

I wish they had at least put in the final play where HK-47 kicks his fat, floating butt, just for closure...

Does anybody know what his purpose was to begin with? (in the Republic)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Does anybody know what his purpose was to begin with? (in the Republic)

Yes get some influence with him (it happened that i get it just with dialogues on ebon hawk) and hear about his story... is pretty interesting and explains a lot of things about it.

For a droid he's not bad. He's better than T-3 in the original by a long way. And although he's not amusing like HK-47 he does stick to his purpose with an unwavering loyalty no matter what.

Don't see how anyone can like something that floats on your ship and then threatens to self detonate if you dont go along with it though.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I ... well, I could not like him ... but I think his story was even more than interesting. It was him who made me understand that the Republic (like any other real-world nation) is dependent on her economy turning smoothly - and that a choice taken with the best intentions can turn out to be a bad choice nonetheless if it harms the economy ...

Now this is some depth of thought I've always missed in the Star Wars universe - and it was even in the game!

The idea that all my Lightside goody-goody behaviour could actually be dangerous to the Republic ... gave me goosebumps.

I love it when a game does that to me. :p

He's a bit like a metal Kreia in that respect.

If anything G0T0 shows that dilemma more than even Kreia:

He was driven the order to save the Republic, an order given with good intentions.

G0T0 calculates that the only way to do this is through a strong economy and the elimination of the religious strife that the Jedi and Sith cause. The only way to have such a strong economy is through drug trafficing, extortion, and slavery. The only way to end the religious strife is to manipulate the Exile.

In an odd way, G0T0 shows that a galaxy without the force is just as warped and twisted as one being driven by it. Sadly, the Exile isn't able to use this "lesson" in the final dialog...

I didn't dislike him because he forcibly joined me and threatened to kill us all. Most everyone in the party is psychotic, manipulative, and violent. I disliked him because he was a total jerk. Interesting backstory, boring jerk otherwise (though "What have you brought me?" amuses me).

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

On my third playthrough I was finally able to get gotos' backstory. While interesting, I would have preferred it if my character smoked so I could have really taken advantage of the floating ashtray that goto is.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

G0-T0 is useful... unlike T3, who still seems to be a 5th wheel.

In fact, the only real gripe I have with the characters of KOTOR2 is that there are so many of them. It doesn't feel like you get the 'whole story' because you have to flit around between everyone and they all have their own pet peeves between each other (none more frustrating than Handmaiden and Visas however), which means their story can suffer (example: You don't gain influence with Handmaiden if Visas is in your party at the same time, and Visas doesn't gain influence with you if Handmaiden is in your party). I suppose I hate the influence system as well, it's a nice touch, but I just prefered the simplicity of KOTOR1 when you learn more about your companions as you level up (and them).

If the game had been longer, 10 would have been fine. But it isn't a really long game, so yeah...the thing is, depending on what planet order you do, by the time you get the last few, you've invested so much into the others that you don't want to give them up. Well, at least that's how I am.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I didnt spot Bao Dur for Jedi material, the others though are quite easy. Especially Atton when he's talking about Kreia when you first get the EH. Then it was just a case of working out how to do it.

The Sion intro gives it away a little too. There has to be something significant about your companions and in view of situation in the game training the next generation of Jedi fits the bill, although thats very much OC stuff.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]