The Kreia Poll

What do you think of Kreia after playing the game?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Kreia after playing the game?

• One of the best Star Wars characters ever created
    • THE best Star Wars character ever created
    • She's a two-faced, manipulative *****!
    • I wish the cut ending aspects with her weren't cut :(
    • Stupid party members! She's a SITH LORD!!!
    • What happened to her eyes?
    • Advise me all she wants, I'm still charging up Visas' entry ramp....
    • Elderly instructors like her turn me on....aged with experience
    • That's "Darth Traya" to YOU Jedi!
    • Ewwww.........

Eh, none of the options really worked for me. It was a good try (a very good try), but it was still a swing and a miss. But oh, so close. Her nature was far too obvious, I basically knew how things would turn out after I left Telos.

That, and the moral problems she supposedly was meant to give me turned out as random whining about whatever I did. It was a nice thought, and some of the stuff she said was really good. I just wish there was more of that and less of the "no, you idiot, don't do that".

Her behaviour is not consistent. Follow her dialogues closely, especially those in the first half of the game, and you will see that she is contradicting her own statements very oftenly and sometimes even babling a sheer nonsense.

That is a shame, because the basic idea of a neutral character, who, as opposed to Jolee Bingo, tends more towards "evil" behaviour, basically is very good. I wish they had put more attention to the inner logic of the plot. :/

why she should? she wants you to understand.

Because running around and doing the bidding of someone who is obviously trying to do something very bad to the majority of the universe's population when I'm a LS character does not exactly click with the rest of the story and my character?

Kreia is just brilliant - I've played the game many times and she certainly has the best lines. Also, the more I play, the more I think she's actually a "positive" character. She's not exactly evil... She's just trying to rid the galaxy from the Force and allow people to make their own decisions and choices, whether good or bad, and that's very "Matrix" to me....

Because running around and doing the bidding of someone who is obviously trying to do something very bad to the majority of the universe's population when I'm a LS character does not exactly click with the rest of the story and my character?

:(

To me it seem more likelly that she wants to save it

"Save" is a rather unsuitable term, considering she never really asked the people if they wanted to be saved from anything, and the thing she is supposedly saving them from (a destiny, more or less) is not necessarily bad in the first place. It's just her opinion, and acting on that is rather selfish.

Be that as it may, I rather suspect that even if everyone agreed with her, it wouldn't be a very good thing. What she wants to do is basically expose everything in the universe to what the exile experienced at Malachor. Considering that of all the people at Malachor, only the exile and a few others survived (and possibly Nihilus, but I wouldn't count him considerng how he turned out), I think there's a fair chance that very few beings would survive her rescue.

ok let's remove the secret codes :(

If you see what is happening in KOTOR is becuse the force... 2 wars with billions of casualities, the jedi order completely destroyed, the sith order in same situation... all due to the will of the force....

also note that this also what is happening in SW trilogy

and no she doesn't want to change the people draining them or exposing them to malakor, she want to do that "exposing" them to the exile that can be an example for everyone.

(she actually say that on Nar Shadda, when you feel the planet energy)

even Visas after dantooine say something like...

the master saw you as the death of the force, i see you as the hope for the livings, a hope for a life whitout the force.

"Save" is a rather unsuitable term, considering she never really asked the people if they wanted to be saved from anything, and the thing she is supposedly saving them from (a destiny, more or less) is not necessarily bad in the first place. It's just her opinion, and acting on that is rather selfish.

Be that as it may, I rather suspect that even if everyone agreed with her, it wouldn't be a very good thing. What she wants to do is basically expose everything in the universe to what the exile experienced at Malachor. Considering that of all the people at Malachor, only the exile and a few others survived (and possibly Nihilus, but I wouldn't count him considerng how he turned out), I think there's a fair chance that very few beings would survive her rescue.

I don't think she wants people to experience what the Exile experienced at Malachor, but what rather makes the same choice the Exile made at Malachor - i.e. turn away from the Force. I don't think she wants a second Malachor.

Hah. Force or no force, people will find a way to fight. As with religion, it's merely an excuse.

If she does not intend to sever others from the force, then her quest is utterly pointless. The exile may provide an example, but only as something no one else will ever be able to do. The exile did not just sit down and cut himself off from the force, it was a result of the events at Malachor. Unless others are placed in a similar situation, they won't sever their ties to the force.

As for what she says, she is either lying or she intends to go through with something that could result in countless deaths. To sever someone from the force, you apparently need an event strong enough to kill them if they didn't. Evident by the few survivors from Malachor and the exile being the only one ever severed from the force, most were not able to sever themselves and died instead.

She is a fantastic character. It's probably not fair to compare her to the films as the film characters tend to be as deep as a puddle.

But even among the many JRPGs I've played shes right up there with the top characters.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If she does not intend to sever others from the force, then her quest is utterly pointless. The exile may provide an example, but only as something no one else will ever be able to do. The exile did not just sit down and cut himself off from the force, it was a result of the events at Malachor. Unless others are placed in a similar situation, they won't sever their ties to the force.

before the exile a life whitout the force seemed to be not possible, after him we can see that not is only possible, but is also "better"

Is not important how is happened, is important that people will know this.

As for what she says, she is either lying or she intends to go through with something that could result in countless deaths. To sever someone from the force, you apparently need an event strong enough to kill them if they didn't. Evident by the few survivors from Malachor and the exile being the only one ever severed from the force, most were not able to sever themselves and died instead.

not every jedi died on Malachor, probably most of the jedis we fought in KOTOR1 where on Malachor too.

I don't think that she is lying, and as said even Visas point to that too, she see you as hope, not destruction.

the destruction is Nihilus that will drain the force from all the livings, so something quite near to the Malachor experiance you point to.

Listen again to the dialogue on Nar Shadda and then to Dant enclave and Visas dialogue after it. I think it really explain her intent.

Kreia is awesome, at least in the first half of the game. Her dialogs are deep and thought-provoking, and there are multiple facets to her character and philosophy. I very much enjoy the idea of someone being strong in the light, falling to the darkness, and then rejecting both extremes.

I think that she has the best developed story of all the characters you meet, and the voice acting is also excellent. Atton is also a wonderful character, but he didn't get as much 'screen time' to develop.