Dumbfounded on Na-shaddaa

It took me by surprise the first time. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Atton in his usual attire and armed with a single Mandalorian blaster and a handful of Mandalorian shields did the job without breaking much of a sweat the second time. Shoot one of them to pieces (takes a while to whittle down the shield), pick up her blade, use to whack the sister (oh, the poetic justice, not to mention, it fetches a fair price when selling).

Unlike Kotor1, I actually found quite a few uses for shields in this game. Probably because people generally looked "cooler" in their default clothes than in big bulky armours :)

I equipped him in the greenish-tan armor... Light Battle Armor I think... before I equipped him in the yellow stuff. :)

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I equipped him in the greenish-tan armor... Light Battle Armor I think... before I equipped him in the yellow stuff.  :ermm:

Slightly off-topic:

There are some rather "hefty" light and medium armours in the game, no less so when adding over-/underlays mark III and IV to them. In the end, I decided that Mira, Atton and Bao Dur looked better in what they came with. Handmaiden looked quite cool wearing normal cotton armour (clothes). So I pretty much kept them wearing that throughout the game. The only one I didn't care much about was Disciple when playing a female, he got the biggest armour and the visor that covered most of his face :-

Slightly on-topic: Some of the battles that are first perceived as tricky has a tendency to be fairly easy once you get away from the stay stationary and slug it out principle. Goes for the bar fight, goes for the endfight.

In my first game, I also had trouble keeping "solo" Mira alive after the arena fight, against the Ubese. Then I remembered what her strengths were... mines were one of them. Mines are a girls best friend :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Mostly I didn't like the way the robes 'fit' around the crotch area. it looked like...well...some weird kind of jock-cup shadow instead of some shirt-flap cut-out as I think it's supposed to be.

That and I found that blue robe outfit early in the game and I haven't found anything better, and the blue is getting boring. Different colors would have been nice...then my party of 3 wouldn't look like identical triplets.

I know, I know...they're supposed to be uniformish....still boring to stare at for 50 hours. :ermm:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks for the replies all. Even though I was really fed up at that point I did try not to get carried away. I didnt realise I could get Atton behind the bar and they couldnt follow but I did try fighting first then running out the door but Atton died within one or two hits every time. I retried that section several times before giving up. Lets face it - running your character behind a table to find the enemy cant follow him isnt outsmarting the NPCs - its outsmarting the developers.

Part of the problem is I'd invested all my kit and money into my main 3 or 4 (either one of those on their own would have kicked the twins into orbit) but Atton had a wimpy pistol and armour and nowt else so I really had no chance.

Ive already abandoned that game and restarted.

I dont want to harp on it cause focusing on the deficencies of a game just stops you getting any fun out of it but it still strikes me that it was a crap thing to do. It made absolutely no sense for a character who'd been so little involved with my main character to abandon the safety of the Ebon Hawk- run after me to tell me to be careful then run off to pub on his own where he's cornered by 2 bounty hunters.

Anyway - on with the game.

I got through that fight without anything fancy or geometry cheats... just moved around. Put some distance between you and opponents who insist on using their melee weapons, get some blaster shots in... when they got to close, get some distance again. Keep shooting one of them, once she falls it becomes even easier. The basic clothes Atton start with (i kept them since they look cool and like others mentioned, they get nice bonus) and a pistol was all that's needed.

Moving worked just as well in that "all handmaidens but one" sparring for that matter, except with force scream and some good placed lightsaber hits...

I just usually ensure Atton is a Jedi by that point with Improved Force Barrier chosen. He has piddling force points if this is your first planet after Telos but enough to cast that. That plus Mandalorian meelee shield and a healthy dose of stimulants is enough to kick the two Twilek whackos to kingdom come.

And if you haven't found any decent meelee weapon, you can always have any high repair character craft a vibrosword or vibro doubleblade at the workbench near the Ebon Hawk and put the best possible upgrades that can be inserted (providing enough components which is really no problem).

I just got to this evil evil part of the game I sadly neglected Atton as well but I'm not really here to complain about it. I just noticed this topic when I was poking around looking for info on a patch and figured I'd share a really bizarre thing that happened when the Twin Suns jumped me.

The first time I fought them I totally forgot that atton was sporting really really bad armor left over from telos so he died horribly. So I reloaded my game to take another crack at them when the fight started they didn't run at me like they did the first time. Instead they as far as I could tell from where I was standing decided to start fighting EACH OTHER! I auto targeted and killed the lighter skinned of the sisters (ironically with her own sisters help hehe) she died and the room went back to "normal mode" with the surviving sister just standing there like a normal nonagressive NPC and the door was still locked meaning Atton was still trapped I even tried to talk to the survivor all she does is giggle and says shes busy.

Thankfully I can reload from the auto save like the first death...but seriously that was really strange even for an apparent glitch lol

KryptAngel - Ive had stuff like that too.

In the fight with the exchange boss on Telos (the squid head) theres a cutscene where he sends his droids out to fight and the door closes behind them. The second time I played it the droids didnt make it through the door before the doors shut so when the fights supposed to start Im on one side and he and his droids are on the other side of a locked door and everyone stands around looking silly.

And thats a cutscene that didnt play right !!

This is the buggiest game Ive played since Warrior Kings.

Another cheap way to kill the twins:

Run to the opposite side of the cafe (opposite the actual bar) to the far wall and stand behind the lone patron. You can do the same thing as behind the bar and that is toss grenades and use power shots to kill them easy, 1-2-3.

Yeah, it's cheap...

But to be honest... I also thought this part of the story was ridiculous and was just an attempt at drawing out this portion of the event chain longer than it needed to be.

I haven't had the "One sister fights the other" glitch yet and probably never will. It sounds hysterical though. Damn...

Well I can safely say I wasnt studying anyones crotch area.

Do you mean the Jal whatsit armour? 'Cause you can change the colour with some underlays

I mean this one...the Gray Jedi Robe...there was a ligher brown version of it too. Now now...I wasn't studying anyone's crotch...(whistles)... My previous description wasn't great I know...but it just looks odd to me with that cut-out. I guess that's so when they have to go the bathroom, they don't have to worry about that pant-chap thingie getting in the way? (speaking of bathrooms - in the fine ship-in-space tradition, there's no bathroom on the EbonHawk...no wonder everyone on board is always cranky )

kotor2_grayrobe.jpg

As to colors - none of the overlays/underlays changed the color of any robes for me. not that I probably found everything, w/the random item generation.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

the second time i ran thru the atton duel with twin suns...i noted the position they took, reloaded an earlier game, and cruelly laughed my butt off when they spawned above 15 mines...

armor is best in this game...even the non force power allowed armor is pretty cool...

an energry immunity underlay and energy immunity overlay will stack together, giving you 60% immunity to energy...sneer at lightsabers...

mostly i wear a robe for looks...dark side robes look so cool... :-