Dumbfounded on Na-shaddaa

Beware - this is one of those 'need to vent steam' posts and contains spoilers.

Ive been playing this game for a week now - been putting up with the occasional CTD and saving regularly because of it. The first game was brilliant and pretty stable for me even with a Radeon - this game is as stable as an inmate in Coney Hill. But thats not whats bugging me - I've hit a gamestopping er .. bug ? Not sure what you'd call it.

I've been playing mostly with Keira and the guy who calls me General then the girl with the veil shows up and I've played with her and Keira for a while. Ive not bothered with the pilot guy for quite some time apart from the occasional chat so Ive not taken him out of Ebon Hawk and upgraded him. Then I get the call on Na Shaddaa to go to the Jekktar (or whatever its called) and so I go off on my own. Then the pilot guy turns up to tell me to be careful and gives me some medpacs and goes off to a cantina to wait.

Mira shows up and we chat and she says something about my party being in danger then it switches to the cantina and the pilot is facing up to the Twins and promptly dies because he has weak armour and weapons.

So basically the game decides to throw one of my party in a situation he cant possibly survive. Im faced with reloading a really old save game and replaying agin through several hours Ive just played through or throwing away a

the pliotguy is Atton .. and yeah I remember that part as well on my first playthrough.. but fortunatly I remembered that the devs said something about all of your party-members would be on their own from time to time .. so I always gave them acceptable armour and ok weaponry!

but it still took me about 5-6 times to win, since I had upgraded him rather poorly!

but then that's not really the devs fault imo, the only reason why you can't beat them is because you've neglected him .. but annoying?? hell yeah!!

Fortune favors the bald.

Reload a save from before the fight. When the Twin Suns are done talking and you get control of Atton, simply hurry behind the bar. From there you can kill the Twin Suns with ranged weapons, no need to suit up or anything.

Alternatively, pause the game, equip a melee shield and activate it. Then you can also kill the Twin Suns at your leisure, just remember to refresh the melee shield before it runs out. Fun stuff to try: if the Twin Suns are crowding you, equip Thermal Shield Belt and Insulation Gloves, then start dropping plasma grenades on the floor.

This situation is only tricky if you don't want to level Atton at this point but still want to fight fair - e.g. no shields/stims/medpacks/grenades etc., and no sniping from behind the bar. Same for a certain arena later, which is equally easy if you keep your wits together and simply use whatever abilities and equipment your character has. If all else fails you can always reduce difficulty to normal or even easy, but of course this would be admitting defeat.

Last but not least, if Atton has any level-ups pending at this point (should be 10..20 levels, depending on your planet order) then you can spend all the levels on making Atton ready for this particular fight, because that is the only thing he's ever needed for.

If your stuck fighting the twin suns with Atton just cheat, once the twin suns show as hostile just run behind the counter of the bar and stand next to the bar tender from there you can just shoot the two of them to death while they stand there doing nothing

but then that's not really the devs fault imo, the only reason why you can't beat them is because you've neglected him ..

Of course it's the devs fault! They included a scene that "assumes" you've used Atton. Not everyone devotes their time to every NPC. Fortunately I hadn't neglected him which made this battle easy. But I can see how poor preparation could make it a tough challenge. Even worse if you equipped the best weapons on other NPCs and sold the rest.

If your stuck fighting the twin suns with Atton just cheat, once the twin suns show as hostile just run behind the counter of the bar and stand next to the bar tender from there you can just shoot the two of them to death while they stand there doing nothing

Its perfectly legal to use the whole available playing area. The fact that the gaming engine can't handle that right, doesn't make it cheating. On the other hand, staying on the right side of the counter isn't hard, if you developed Atton (especially if he's a Jedi).

I figured out a way: you run around until you are behind a table. You then shoot them with blasters (power blast works the best) until they die. Grenades are also helpful too -- especially posion ones. I did this my second or third try in my first game until I figured it out. I just basically ran until they left me alone. And I think I had a bug because one of the Sisters in my first game attacked her sister. Then I killed her, too. ^_^

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I found this fight incredibly difficult the first time I played, and no trouble at all every other time. I don't think I levelled Atton a different way. It's just that all the fights until then are fairly easy, so Atton's fight might be the first serious combat challenge some players face. Unless you've sold all the loot you've found, just experiment with different weapons, shields, stimulants, and eventually you'll find a strategy to get through this.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

All your characters level up at (roughly) the same rate (and receieve the same XP, so even if you neglect certain characters (for example, I never ever take Kreia with me) it should not matter, as you will simply find that all you have to do when it comes to a situation like this is level them up and re-equip them. The party always has access to the full extent of your inventory (except what other characters are wearing).

And yes, this fight can be pretty tough, especially if you haven't levelled Atton up into a Jedi. But I always duck behind the bar; that works every single time :lol:

Trying to shoot with a blaster while in melee, opponents having energy shields switched on, is usually no good idea...

This fight is as easy as any other fight IF you skilled Atton also a little bit for melee combat. Having good equipment ready to use in your general inventory also does help a lot.

E.g., Sith Tremorsword does some 15-50 pts damage when fully upgraded. Sith Armor allows for 7 AC plus up to 7 Dexterity-Bonus, not counting additional underlay and plating. :)

Try dropping poison grenades.

As previously mentioned Plasma grenades help a lot too.

Have plenty of Life Support packs handy.

To me, this battle has always been the most challenging every time I

There is a really easy way to take down the twins without exploiting the scenery. Standard melee weapon of any type and a mandalorian shield or three.

Anyone who dosnt train up their companions has only themselves to blame. Though Atton didnt have the best armour, you can swap around weapons. The big mistake I suppose people make is Atton as ranged and the twins having energy shields.

I usually use one of those two bladed sith swords you seem to find a lot of in the exchange area.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If he's un-upgraded, give him Two-Weapon Fighting and Master Flurry. Give him the best stuff you have (I always undress my Teammates when entering the Hawnk, so I can give the good stuff to others when I take them).

Equip 2 vibroblades/vibroswords (the one with +2 to mainhand if offhand) as they cut through shields.

Get yourself a drink and watch Atton cut through the Twins without needing any healthpack, meleeshield, grenade or lame covering...

Does atton ever get any 'bad feelings' about anything after you've left Peragus? Never happened to me.

I think it happened once or twice after for me.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Wow. Someone actually venting about this game's difficulty. This is a first.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It took me by surprise the first time. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Atton in his usual attire and armed with a single Mandalorian blaster and a handful of Mandalorian shields did the job without breaking much of a sweat the second time. Shoot one of them to pieces (takes a while to whittle down the shield), pick up her blade, use to whack the sister (oh, the poetic justice, not to mention, it fetches a fair price when selling).

Unlike Kotor1, I actually found quite a few uses for shields in this game. Probably because people generally looked "cooler" in their default clothes than in big bulky armours :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Atton in his usual attire and armed with a single Mandalorian blaster and a handful of Mandalorian shields did the job without breaking much of a sweat the second time. Shoot one of them to pieces (takes a while to whittle down the shield), pick up her blade, use to whack the sister (oh, the poetic justice, not to mention, it fetches a fair price when selling).

Unlike Kotor1, I actually found quite a few uses for shields in this game. Probably because people generally looked "cooler" in their default clothes than in big bulky armours :thumbsup:

The armor in this game is totally inferior to whatever any character that would wear armor starts out with, excepting Bao-dur, who is the only character that heavy armor would be useful on, but he can't wear that.

The armor in this game is totally inferior to whatever any character that would wear armor starts out with, excepting Bao-dur, who is the only character that heavy armor would be useful on, but he can't wear that.

Huh ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, Mira and Atton's clothes, for example, give a decent defence bonus whilst not restricting their dexterity in any way. Since they're best with blasters and thus don't ned to jump into melee battles, I usually find it best to keep their original clothes on and let their dexterity bonus add to their armour class/attack bonus.

I think that's what Lifthansir means.

Atton was always getting bad feelings in my game...every planet. I'd run into some place and he'd pipe up with some line, I'd say something back, and he'd go "Ok, but I have a bad feeling about this." Or sometimes he varied the words a bit. That was it.

Not sure if the times he said it turned out to be dangerous or not...especially since the entire game is barely dangerous as is (on normal difficulty anyway).

Edit - on the topic of the clothes - I put Atton in the Sith armor that allowed +7 dex bonus. Seemed to work fine. But yeah, he looks best in his original outfit. Most of them do.

I was a little disappointed with the jedi robes too, appearance wise.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts