So what happened ?

I've just finished the game as DS, and I'm confused. I had a conversation with Kreya, than trown her down into the planet's core. Than, there was a short movie that showed space and some nebula. Than the credits.

What does this all mean? ;)

Did I avert this very vague "death of the force" disaster, that everyone spoke about? If so, how did I do it? Why didn't I have a choice whether to avert it or not? What happened to G0-T0 and the remote, and this "shadow generator" thing ? :p

What happened to my party members? Did they all die with the Ebon Hawk? Whats with the bond with Kreya, why didn't I die when she died? Did Atton die too, I think someone mentioned that he died, but I didn't see him die.

Please someone answer my questions, because I'm really dissapointed about the game, right now. :(

I've just finished the game as DS, and I'm confused. I had a conversation with Kreya, than trown her down into the planet's core. Than, there was a short movie that showed space and some nebula. Than the credits.

What does this all mean?  ;)

Did I avert this very vague "death of the force" disaster, that everyone spoke about? If so, how did I do it?

You are the death of the force, when you severed your link on Malakor you become an hole to the force, the force can no more "dominate" you and you are free to express yourself.

for a jedi a life whitout the force seem not possible and a man whitout it is gimped in their vision, you are the proof that they where wrong, you become greater than they can ever guess and able to shape your destiny (as no more controlled by the force).

Now you represent also an example that a life whitout the force is not just possible, but also better and more complete than a life with it.

this is also Kreia's goal.... to "forge" a true Man.

Why didn't I have a choice whether to avert it or not?

reason above... is because is you eheh

What happened to G0-T0 and the remote, and this "shadow generator" thing ?  :p

this part is missing and was cut from the game :(

if you search a bit in this forum you can find posts (generally with cut end in the title) that explain what really happened (or was supposed to happen)

What happened to my party members? Did they all die with the Ebon Hawk?

They are alive, the only one that is supposed to die on Malachor (ingame) is Bao-Dur ehm and maybe a droid or 2

Whats with the bond with Kreya, why didn't I die when she died?

There some speculations and debate about that.

Many people think that the bound was not lethal and Kreia fooled you, i'm more inclined to think that the bound was lethal but was cut on Malachor. (probably in the final battle)

Did Atton die too, I think someone mentioned that he died, but I didn't see him die.

As said above there where many ending to the store and in one of them Atton died, this content is not ingame and was removed or not implemented.

Please someone answer my questions, because I'm really dissapointed about the game, right now.  :(

Is quite a difficult game, but IMO a fantastic one, is not strange to be a bit confused after the first time.... maybe try to play again as a LS and to try to learn as much as you can from all the npcs you meet in your journey.

Is it definate that Bao died at Malachor?  Because I didn't get that impression.

Considering the drone holos i think is quite likelly, also he doesn't show anymore in the char selection window and you get no info from Kreia about him.

(also so far i have not yet finished a game where he become a jedi, so maybe i'm wrong and Kreia speak about him only if you "convert" him)

Is it definate that Bao died at Malachor?  Because I didn't get that impression.

Considering the drone holos i think is quite likelly, also he doesn't show anymore in the char selection window and you get no info from Kreia about him.

(also so far i have not yet finished a game where he become a jedi, so maybe i'm wrong and Kreia speak about him only if you "convert" him)

Nope, she doesn't speak about Baodur even if you trained him. But then again, she couldn't 'hear' him on the Ebon Hawk even though you could, so maybe she just can't get a 'reading' of him?

It would seem that Baodur was intended to perish at Malachor.

Nope, she doesn't speak about Baodur even if you trained him. But then again, she couldn't 'hear' him on the Ebon Hawk even though you could, so maybe she just can't get a 'reading' of him?

i don't think so, if i remember right you can ask her even about droids and she tells you that she doesn't know about their destiny.

also consider that this is the stratagem Obsidian used to resolve other character story, the fact that you can't ask her about Bao-Dur makes me think that you alredy know what happened to him and that, as he have not future, he died on Malachor.

Ok thanks, it makes some sence now. Still its pretty frustrating, how she manipulated you all the way, and you followed along like a silly dummy :(

Another thing that spoiled my experience was how TSL mimics Torment. :thumbsup:

Man stripped of mortality - man/woman stripped of the force

Fortress of regrets - Malachor V

bonds, influence over companions - tormented souls drawn to TNO's greater torment.

Besides all this talk of exile's "suffering", how "wounded" he or she is, also very Tormen-esque. And it doesn't really make TSL better, as PS:T had better story IMO

Just finished again - and I do not think Bao is dead. He makes comments about this being the last mission he'll give the Remote - but that seems likely to be because he expects the remote to die there on Malachor V.

The reason you can't select Bao from the character select screen is because the remote is in his spot for the time being.

Yup is really a tormented story but was supposed to be like that, i had some time at the beginning that i was a bit sad about it, but slowly i also began to see "the light at the end of the tunnel" (maybe to be LS helped eheh :thumbsup:).

At the end i found that this story is full of hope behind its dark cloak and i really appreciated it.

for Bao-Dur, there is still the fact that you can't even ask Kreia about him and also in the char selection they alredy had space to place the remote (as Kreia is no more ingroup) whitout removing Bao-Dur (even if it can be "normal" to replace him as the remote is a part of himself)

....maybe is just that i think was better for him to die on malakor, trying to destroy what he have done.

for Bao-Dur, there is still the fact that you can't even ask Kreia about him and also in the char selection they alredy had space to place the remote (as Kreia is no more ingroup) whitout removing Bao-Dur (even if it can be "normal" to replace him as the remote is a part of himself)

You can ask her - but she can not see his future, that's normal for me as she can not read his mind as well

Ok thanks, it makes some sence now. Still its pretty frustrating, how she manipulated you all the way, and you followed along like a silly dummy :(

Another thing that spoiled my experience was how TSL mimics Torment.  :(

bonds, influence over companions - tormented souls drawn to TNO's greater torment.

Besides all this talk of exile's "suffering", how "wounded" he or she is, also very Tormen-esque. And it doesn't really make TSL better, as PS:T had better story IMO

Let me try this again. :shifty:

Revan was stripped of the Force in KotOR 1, not 2. In 2 ..something else happened.

The Fortress was something entirely different from Malachor V - Malachor was a planet. The Fortress was something else - it's been a while, so I don't remember exactly what it was, but it wasn't a planet.. more like TNO's creation

Any good RPG will (should, IMO) have suffering and betrayal and regret and insurmountable odds.

:thumbsup:

Another thing that spoiled my experience was how TSL mimics Torment.  ;)

Let me try this again. :shifty:

Revan was stripped of the Force in KotOR 1, not 2. In 2 ..something else happened.

The Fortress was something entirely different from Malachor V - Malachor was a planet. The Fortress was something else - it's been a while, so I don't remember exactly what it was, but it wasn't a planet.. more like TNO's creation

Any good RPG will (should, IMO) have suffering and betrayal and regret and insurmountable odds.

:(

:)

Well, the exile does ask every jedi he meets why was he separated from the force, so the separation is a fact.

Fortress of Regrets was TNO's creation, but Malachor was exile's creation in a way too. He was one of the people that destroyed the planet.

I still don't understand why didn't the other jedi became a "hole" in the force too, there were many jedi at Malachor I think.

From what I understood, most of them were "too weak" to handle enduring the ripples (or waves, rather) that all those deaths caused, or being severed from the force, so they died.

I rather suspect Nihilus was one of the jedi that was too weak as well, although he didn't die. Not exactly anyway. But it's just a theory and there are some holes in it.

for what i see jedis had 2 choices

to be corrupted to darkside (the thing that Revan was looking for), or to die, as simply was not possible be near Malachor and be able to resist the corruption of the planet, and of the academy, that was feeded with the deaths of mandalorians and jedis.

the Exile "found" the third way cutting himself from the force but this had generated the hole in the force

there are a sort simplified visions but can give an idea of what i think had happened.

there should be some 3D around in this forum that speak more deeply about it

Did I avert this very vague "death of the force" disaster, that everyone spoke about? If so, how did I do it? Why didn't I have a choice whether to avert it or not? What happened to G0-T0 and the remote, and this "shadow generator" thing ?

Kreia saw the Force as a "cosmic busybody" that subtly manipulated everyone in the universe except for one person -- you. Her goal was to forge you into someone who can make an intelligent decision about the future, and then bring about that future, without being influenced or controlled by the Force as you made that decision. To that end she oversaw your development and eliminated the Jedi and Sith that she knew the Force would throw in your way during the course of the game. That's what her "stand on your own two feet" refrain was about -- it wasn't to draw you down the path of the Sith as Atton claimed, but rather to reinforce the idea that you should be guided solely by your own conscience in making decisions.

Once you made your choice at the end of the game, the Force had died, in the sense that it was unable to influence what you decided. For once in the history of the cosmos a person had chosen his own destiny free from outside influence (except of course for Kreia's!). And that's what Kreia wanted. Choosing the right dialogue options following the defeats of Atris and Kreia brings much, but not all, of this to light.

What happened to my party members? Did they all die with the Ebon Hawk? Whats with the bond with Kreya, why didn't I die when she died? Did Atton die too, I think someone mentioned that he died, but I didn't see him die.

Since the Ebon Hawk picked you up and then flew away, your party members certainly didn't die. In the original ending of the game you were able to choose whether to annihilate them to fuel yourself while fighting Darth Sion, but this was removed by the developers due to time constraints. Unfortunately that left a few holes in the end-game plot which they attempted to tie up (with varying degrees of success) through the lengthy "see into the future" dialogue with Kreia.

In the official ending, everyone survived except Remote, Go-To, Kreia, and (possibly) Bao-Dur.

I find this whole idea of being a force gap ridiculous. After all, you *are* using the force all the time.

The force being a destiny-shaping thing which can be abandoned? Meh... not very believable.

Even if you would follow that line, Kreia is a contradiction in herself: She was not able to abandon the force, yet she thinks she can educate someone to be such a force-independence while all the time her teachings are governed by the force, since she is not force-independend. :)

Talk about shooting in your own foot. <_<

Only Nihilous was believable, being a sort of "black hole" in the force, having concentrated too much force onto himself, thus becoming a sci-fi undead lich or vampire. I can