Best lightsaber?

A Standard and a short lightsber is undoubtly the best. This is because you have a much better chance of a Critical Hit:

Double bladed: 20-20x2 with Keen upgrade: 19-20x2

Standard or short: 19-20x2 with Keen upgrdes: 17-20x2

Good to know: The Critical Strike isn't neccesary to get a Critical Hit. Power Attack can also produce a Critical Hit. If one of your Party Members has only Flurry (upgraded to Master Flurry) as attacking feat: Critical Hit's cannot be achieved. For this party members a Double bladed could be better maybe.

I personnaly equip Visas with a Double bladed as soon as I have one.

Master Vandar lives!

i think the best lightsaber kind of (but not completely) depends on your character and playstyle.

if you go single lightsaber than you should be taking the deuling feat which nets you a +6 to attack and +6 to defense. not bad, eh?

additionally, i get mastery in flurry and the speed force power which gives you 3 additional attacks. (1 for flurry and 2 for speed mastery)

in any case, because your chances off scoring a critical hit aren't great i configure my lightsaber(s) for maximum damage.

if you get a set of lenses, emitters, and cells that provide the most damange and two additional crystals that are a good balance between additional damange and bonus to attack than you should have a lightsaber that should be able to do upto at least 70 points of damange.

For the most damaging lightsabre lens, emitter and cell I'd recommend the following:

- Pontite lens, requiring Awareness of 27 to create;

- Expert fencing emitter, requiring Repair of 27 to create; and

- Ultimate Diatium cell, requiring Computer skill of 29 to create.

You should also consider having an Expert Deflection emitter (req Repair 21) handy for occasions when you need to deflect a lot of blaster bolt fire, as well as a Superior Ion cell (req Security 25) for when you're swarmed by droids and turrets.

Nah, don't bother having things with ion upgrades after peragus, since destroy droid or lightning, which somebody should have, is almost all you ever need. On Goto's yacht, 2 with such abilities makes it easier, but you're much better off not taking the time to close the distance.

Yes, I prefer two single lightsabers for the same reason too.

Plus I like fast and furious fighting, which the two-weapon and master-flurry feats give you.

It seems fairly balanced overall...especially if you use a feat such as master speed, you get double the attacks, so combined with master flurry you can get a stupid number of attacks per round with no penalties. But you probably do about as much damage as someone with a single or double-bladed lightsaber who's taken the dueling/other appropriate feats combined with power attack or critical hit.

even 1h is not so bad

i noticed that the defence bonus from dueling can break the defence cap (but also haven't tried to see if the defence bonus of sabre components can do that too)

what i'm sure is that the to hit bonus from 2 different sabre is applied only to the hand of the sabre, so if you have a sabre +2 to hit and a short sabre +3 to hit you will not get +5 to hit but +2 on an hand and +3 on the other.

for offence it depends by char powers/skills but generally a good jedi can do at least 5 attacks with a pole sabre or 2 sabres, so to lose an attack is not so terrible, expecially if you get a to hit bonus to compensate.

comparing to other sabres

1h sabre vs pole - 1h get better defence, to hit bonus and better criticals, but lose a bit of damage and an attack.

1h sabre vs 2 sabres - 1h have better to hit bonus and better or equal defence, it loses in versatility and have 1 less attack (even if that one is generally a lower damage one)

Overall i think all sabres are pretty balanced, i think it really depends by taste and how you build the char.

Personnaly, I often use a short and a long lightsaber with :

the PC crystal + a bonus to wisdom/charisma crystal, like the +2 wisdom +1 attack (or a better one if I find it) with mostly defensive upgrades (to compensate the lack of dual feat) for the short one

- for the long one, the most damaging/attacking bonus, upgrades that gives keen and boni to critical damages and I use the critical strikes feat, this way :

I do critical 50% of the time, dealing more than 100 damages 50% of the time.

You can't Crit with Flurry? Says who?

I think the poster who posted that was confused by the fact that the descriptions for Critical Strike and Power Attack mention criticals but Flurry doesn't.

I blame the manuals and tutorial for not explaining criticals properly. (Xbox manual, at least...)

I would say that the best cristal combo is your personal cristal and if playing DS the cristal you get for a visa on Onderon with Ossus lens, Expert fencing emitter, and Ultimate Diatium cell but im more a force user myself.

hmm didnt know that Kreia can "upgrade" your personal cristal

By the way, when I was receiving around +4 Strength from my lightsabre's personal crystal I wasn't able to get additional Strength from the Ankarres Sapphire, even if it was installed in the same lightsabre.

I think it might be a bug. :shifty:

By the way, when I was receiving around +4 Strength from my lightsabre's personal crystal I wasn't able to get additional Strength from the Ankarres Sapphire, even if it was installed in the same lightsabre.

I think it might be a bug.  :shifty:

no the crystals bonus on a stat doesn't add and just the highest bonus is applied...

for example

crystal A: +1 str +1 wis

crystal B: +2 str

the sabre will be +2 str +1 wis

I do believe the stat bonuses stack if they are installed on different sabers.

I have the ankarres sapphire (strength and con) plus kaiburr crystal (wis) on a short LS for the offhand and the Personal crystal on the main hand LS. Seems to work okay. PC version by the way.

Pontite Lens, Expert Fencing Emitter and Ultimate Diatium Energy Cell.

With...

PC Crystal, Solari Crystal - lightsiders

PC Crystal, Upari Crystal - darksiders

But for absolute maximum damage you could go another way...

Replace the 5 energy damage cell with the energy cell that does 1-8 electricity damage. And use the Pontite (1-10 cold) and Barab Ore Ingot (2d6 fire) crystals.

In a double-blade this would do 4-56 damage per-hit with a 10 strength character.

If you're looking to do alot of damage with a lightsaber earlier on in the game, I find the adegan lens (1-12 energy damage, 133 component cost) is fairly easy to create, and it mixes extremely well with the crit potential of the keen and/or opila crystal. The adegan lens is usually the first thing I create on a workbench.

There is a bug in the XBox version where you can put two duplicate crystals into one saber (and they "stack" in terms of the damage, but not actual defense since it only takes the higher of the two mods).

Check Dan Simpson's FAQ/Walkthru at Gamespot.com for details.

I don't know if this exists in the PC version as I haven't tried it, but I might do it just to see if it works or not :)

i used weird crystals and cheating and somehow got my lightsaber to take off 120-180 somehow i used like opila cyan and sigil i think but my attributes were like like high high

very high one time i got my health up to 27000

There is a bug in the XBox version where you can put two duplicate crystals into one saber (and they "stack" in terms of the damage, but not actual defense since it only takes the higher of the two mods).

Check Dan Simpson's FAQ/Walkthru at Gamespot.com for details.

I don't know if this exists in the PC version as I haven't tried it, but I might do it just to see if it works or not  :(

it messes up the critical hit multiplier putting two damage crystals in one sabre...

best main hand...

charname crystal

solari

improved beam gem lens

expert fencing emitter

ultimate ditanium cell

off hand (short, you get +2 to attack with two handed weapon focus)

charname crystal (using lightsabre duplication feats)

kaiburr

improved beam gem lens

expert deflection emitter

improved ion cell

max damage PER HIT 243

theoretical max damage per round...over 900 :)

(master power attack, shien form, master speed.) ;)

no the crystals bonus on a stat doesn't add and just the highest bonus is applied...

for example

People say this often but with this combo it does stack, only the -own name- crystal doesn't allow extra bonus stat improvements (even if it is a stat NOT given by the -own name-crystal.)

2 normal (non-own-name) will stack (got my own +2 wis, +1 attack and a +1 wis +1 cha to test this and got +3 wis +1 cha bonus)

(Made a topic about this in the Technical issues forum)

BTW: PC version

for example

People say this often but with this combo it does stack, only the -own name- crystal doesn't allow extra bonus stat improvements (even if it is a stat NOT given by the -own name-crystal.)

2 normal (non-own-name) will stack (got my own +2 wis, +1 attack and a +1 wis +1 cha to test this and got +3 wis +1 cha bonus)

(Made a topic about this in the Technical issues forum)

this is actually one of the tests i run andi ended up with a sabre +2 wis +1 cha (same crystals as your)

my version is PC one, so probably on xbox it works different

Guest Damar Stiehl
best main hand...

charname crystal

solari

improved beam gem lens

expert fencing emitter

ultimate ditanium cell

off hand (short, you get +2 to attack with two handed weapon focus)

charname crystal (using lightsabre duplication feats)

kaiburr

improved beam gem lens

expert deflection emitter

improved ion cell

Why beam gem lenses and an ion cell? Pontite lense is better for additional damage. And Improved Telegorn Jolt cell is better than the Improved Ion cell for extra elemental damage (IIRC)...