Why do I have to be rude?

I play this game as a dark jedi or I am hoping to develop a sith lord alike charactor. My dialogs selections through out the game makes me feel like I am just a rude little jerk. People talks like this all the time would never accomplish any great evil but die on the street horribly before his 16th birthday. I understand that this is one of the charactors of the sith but I thought a sith lord should be more subtle in order to hidden himself from the jedi's eyes, and most of the time a fake gentle is the bridge to a greater evil. Besides, these "bully dialogs" really limited the sith or the players to a single and dull characteristic. Oh well, maybe I am just misunderstood the idea of sith...

That's what I would like to see... Some "Loaded Answers" that sound LS-ish, but you're actually putting up a ruse to see what gains more power. Most of the Sith Lord options are with your companions... :(

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I play this game as a dark jedi or I am hoping to develop a sith lord alike charactor. My dialogs selections through out the game makes me feel like I am just a rude little jerk. People talks like this all the time would never accomplish any great evil but die on the street horribly before his 16th birthday. I understand that this is one of the charactors of the sith but I thought a sith lord should be more subtle in order to hidden himself from the jedi's eyes, and most of the time a fake gentle is the bridge to a greater evil. Besides, these "bully dialogs" really limited the sith or the players to a single and dull characteristic. Oh well, maybe I am just misunderstood the idea of sith...

I agree with you. I played through the game twice (something I was never able to do with the first), but when I tried to go dark side I became disappointed in the way I'd have to do it.

The dark side responses are akin to something you'd hear on the playground as a kid. It just seemed so immature.

Hopefully the next installment will allow both sides to be equal in their speech.

I dunno...I found that KOTOR2 allowed both to a degree.

The 'stupid bully' responses in KOTOR1 were pretty much all there were for DS, and there it was a serious issue. However, in KOTOR2 you can be pretty polite and not make yourself sound stupid while still acting the part of evil. At least, in a lot of cases.

Likewise, the ability to manipulate your companions was a huge addition to the evil side of the game, and allowed very 'Palapatine-style' manipulation. The first thing to remember is not to choose the obvious evil option; instead, choose the option you think a dark side manipulator trying to gain influence would say. Lie, flatter, and do whatever else is necessary to make yourself look good: KOTOR2 actually handles it pretty decently.

My biggest issue was that often the 'polite' responses got LS points. I'd have preferred to see more things like this...

1. I like fluffy bunnies!

2. [Lie] I like fluffy bunnies!

This would have helped a lot, IMHO.

Feel free to steal this sig.

My biggest issue was that often the 'polite' responses got LS points.  I'd have preferred to see more things like this...

1. I like fluffy bunnies!

2. [Lie] I like fluffy bunnies!

This would have helped a lot, IMHO.

That's one thing that surprised me that wasn't in the game. It appeared that in Planescape: Torment a lot of effort went into making sure that alignment changing dialog options had variants such as lie/bluff. This game has it most of the time, but there's a few instances where it wasn't there but was needed.

For example:

[Vow] I will help you no matter the cost to restore the Jedi.

[Vow/Lie] I will help you no matter the cost to restore the Jedi.

What's in this for me?

I don't care.

Die fool!

That way you can play smart or dumb. Sadly there were a few dialogs in the game (namely sidequests it seems) where a good lie option wasn't there.