The Kreia/Kae Question

And there are never mention of Master Kea being stripped of the force by the council. To me, she seemed like a respected Jedi Master until that her baby was discovered, that she followed Revan to war and was exiled.

Kae was first exiled from the Order for having a child and only then followed Revan to war with force powers intact.

Btw, how does she recconnected to the force so easily? To be able to teach prescience stuff and jedi tricks to the Exile, you have to be more then barely reconnected to the forec, no?

I got the impression that Kreia was not all that strongly connected to the force at the game's start and recovered much of it as events unfolded. (Who are we kidding? She recovered it with each level up. :thumbsup: )

My personal theory about how she reconnected is that Revan helped her. I suspect Revan found her already cast down when he returned to Malachor. He may have saved her life, restored some of her force powers, gave her the Ebon Hawk and perhaps even assigned her the task of protecting the Exile from Sion and Nihilus. From there, Revan went off to the Unknown Regions to fight the "true Sith." Kreia told the Exile at the end that Revan would need all available allies, both Jedi and Sith, in his struggle.

Hey I don't mean to sh!t on your theory or anything but for your idea to work the whole timeline of the game would have to be shifted. Arren Kae was supposed to be young right? The Mandalorian wars (according to game time) happened only 5 years TSL. Kreia's old as hell. There's no way that would work.

My bad...

You good. Timeline bad. :)

Arren Kae has baby Handmaiden. It's probably not a planned event and so could have happened when she was already in her 40s, assuming fertility is not all that different in the Star Wars Universe. No where does it say she was young. In fact, she was one of Revan's first Masters.

(10 years passes)

The council finds out about Kae's child and exiles her.

(unknown period of time passes)

Kae follows Revan to fight in Mandalorian Wars.

Revan, Kae and Yusanis go to Malachor V where war ends.

(~4 years passes)

Events of KotOR I happen.

(~5 years passes)

Events of KotOR II happen.

Hey I don't mean to sh!t on your theory or anything but for your idea to work the whole timeline of the game would have to be shifted. Arren Kae was supposed to be young right? The Mandalorian wars (according to game time) happened only 5 years TSL. Kreia's old as hell. There's no way that would work.

My bad...

You good. Timeline bad. ;)

Arren Kae has baby Handmaiden. It's probably not a planned event and so could have happened when she was already in her 40s, assuming fertility is not all that different in the Star Wars Universe. No where does it say she was young. In fact, she was one of Revan's first Masters.

(10 years passes)

The council finds out about Kae's child and exiles her.

Kae follows Revan to fight in Mandalorian Wars.

Revan, Kae and Yusanis go to Malachor V where war ends.

(~4 years passes)

Events of KotOR I happen.

(~5 years passes)

Events of KotOR II happen.

>_<

Uhm, The Sith Lords does not take place only five years after the Mandalorian Wars.

There are four years between K1 and K2. 4years

And there are at least two years between the end of the Mandalorian Wars and Revan's return from the Outer Rim as Dark Lord of the Sith. +2 years

There should be at least one year for Revan to have been in control of the Sith forces before being betrayed by Malak. I would assume more, but since there are no changes in the appearance of the characters, I would say only one. +1 year

Then, there are at least two years for Revan to have settled down in his new life and his new memories begin to resurface. +2 years

So, there should at least be nine years between the end of the Mandalorian Wars and the beginning of The Sith Lords.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Uhm, The Sith Lords does not take place only five years after the Mandalorian Wars.

And there are at least two years between the end of the Mandalorian Wars and Revan's return from the Outer Rim as Dark Lord of the Sith. +2 years

There should be at least one year for Revan to have been in control of the Sith forces before being betrayed by Malak. I would assume more, but since there are no changes in the appearance of the characters, I would say only one. +1 year

Then, there are at least two years for Revan to have settled down in his new life and his new memories begin to resurface. +2 years

So, there should at least be nine years between the end of the Mandalorian Wars and the beginning of The Sith Lords.

Five years passed between Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

Two years passed between the beginning of the Jedi Civil War and the incident during which Malak betrayed Revan.

The time that passed between the end of the Mandalorian Wars and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords was said to be "almost a decade", which seemed to indicate somewhere between eight and nine years, which would then leave about two years or so. I would say, perhaps around one year between the end of the Mandalorian Wars and the beginning of the Jedi Civil War, and around one year between Malak's betrayal of Revan and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

The corrupting influence of the darkside will age you very quickly. So the timeline isnt really a problem with regards to Kreia being "old" because it's never mentioned how much of it is down to natural aging and how much down to corruption.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think that Kreia was the first Sith Advisor to the VERY first Dark Lord, and that she was the one that set up the Sith code. Then she taught Marka Ragnos, but when he died Naga Sadow exiled her so she lived amongst the Gizka Rebels and gave them the Profecy (sp?) that one day a blue-being would rule them (Mission).

There. That way, she taught all of the great minds in SW.

Here's the TRUE story behind the Kotor II scenes: Mission rules as the Gizka Matriarch, and her Gizka spy network is the MOST successful in the Galaxy. Kotor III will reveal her plot to sabotage the greatest heroes/villians of the era (Revan) in an attempt to overthrow the Rancor puppet: Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. :(

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Yeah that was my fault. I confused the 5 years between K1 and K2 with being 5 years between the Mandolorian wars and K2, my bad :(

The time that passed between the end of the Mandalorian Wars and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords was said to be "almost a decade", which seemed to indicate somewhere between eight and nine years

Where does it say that?

Didn't Revan and Malak enter the ancient ruins on Dantooine immediately before going to fight the Mandalorians?

And didn't they continue their search for the star maps immediately after Malachor?

So, if they travelled to Kashyyyk shortly after Malachor then, according to the

ancient Rakatan computer on Kashyyk,

they were there about 4 - 5 years earlier. That would place KotOR around 5 years after Malachor, no? :(

Where does it say that?

On one of the loading screens in the Ebon Hawk.

Didn't Revan and Malak enter the ancient ruins on Dantooine immediately before going to fight the Mandalorians?

And didn't they continue their search for the star maps immediately after Malachor?

So, if they travelled to Kashyyyk shortly after Malachor then, according to the

ancient Rakatan computer on Kashyyk,

they were there about 4 - 5 years earlier.  That would place KotOR around 5 years after Malachor, no?  :p

Well...yeah. I think you misread that sentence in my post. I said that "almost a decade" had passed between the end of the Mandalorian Wars and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, which itself took place five years after Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. So, around four years or so passed between the end of the Mandalorian Wars and the first game, meaning nine years or so passed between the end of the Mandalorian Wars and the second game.

Kreia and Kae are two different people. It also says that Kae was a powerful jedi "warrior", so she was probably a jedi guardian. Kreia is a consular..not a guardian. So that pretty much answers it all.

Being a powerful jedi "warrior" does not mean she was a guardian. Yoda is a Jedi Consular, yet he has been called a "great warrior" (by Luke) and proved it too against Dooku (and likely will again in Episode III...).

Besides, given that Kreia was cast from the force as both Revan and the Exile were, that doesn't mean she can't have been a guardian in the past. I mean, Revan is also a noted jedi warrior and the Exile a great general. By that logic they would both be jedi guardians, yet their classes are selectable in the game, so I wouldn't read too much into that...

Reaper, you're going to have to come up with HARD evidence. Face it, for every scrap you pull out, there'll be another that disproves it. Believe me, the first 5 pages of this thread was full of me trying to do that... Truth is, there's no set answer that can be determined.

There was a gap of 10 years since Kotor II and Mandalorian Wars. The Exile was Exiled at the end of these Wars, which he/she and Kreia and the other Jedi all say.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

I think she says that she thinks her mom died in the final battle at malachor v. But if she did turn to the darkside, it would make sense if Yusanis came back broken etc, etc (of course, if she died, then it would also make back).

Personally, I think Kreia does equal Kae. I think some people managed to pull up hiding dialog from the .tlk file, so I think that counts as 'definitive' proof.

Guys, I have said all this before (read the first 5/10 pages of the thread). There is pretty much an equal evidence of either Kreia teaching or being Arren Kae...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

but if it's cut then it wasn't meant to be in the game so it really doesn't count....

You're absolutely correct. It's not in the game. It doesn't count as far as the existing storyline is concerned. In fact, it probably wasn't even cut and it's not likely going to appear in any patch.

However, it could become revealed in a future KotOR episode - perhaps a prequel. And if that will ever be the case then you can tell all your friends that you heard about it here first. :thumbsup:

Or, we can all come back and call you a moron... Who knows? Man, I hate when people make too much fuss out of simple unknowns... Nobody knows except for the writer(s), as far as I can tell...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

You're absolutely correct.  It's not in the game.  It doesn't count as far as the existing storyline is concerned.  In fact, it probably wasn't even cut and it's not likely going to appear in any patch.

It's highly unlikely that they'd do a content patch, as the said they're happy with the way KotOR II turned-out after the content cutting.

However, it could become revealed in a future KotOR episode - perhaps a prequel.  And if that will ever be the case then you can tell all your friends that you heard about it here first.  :thumbsup:

Again, wouldn't hold my breath...

After all, if KotOR II changed the story of Revan a bit to make it fit to their storyline, what's stopping the Devs of KotOR III from "tweaking" what happened in KotOR II.

Besides, who's to say that KotOR III will continue KotOR II's Story Arc. Let's face it We can't play Revan as by the end of KotOR I s/he was at level 16-20, and that was 4-5 years before KotOR II.

The Exile at the end of KotOR II was at level 24-29. Or if you abused the infinite Spawning (In Korriban for example) s/he might be as high as 50th LvL.

The problem with high levels and the plotline mess caused by two different dev. teams....

... just can't see easy times for KotOR III.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.