Yet another rebalance mod

This is really a compilation of Aurora's mod and Beancounter's script. I changed a few files to balance the way the two work together, and recompiled Beancounter's script to enable the enhanced enemy AI. Needless to say, the game is more... challenging :unsure:". One thing I did tryto do is scale the difficulty level so that the game is significantly harder towards the end, but only a bit harder at first. One thing I've noticed is that there is a bit more experience available, so you can expect to end the game with a couple of extra levels (lv32 in my case). Give it a whirl and let me know what you think :cool:

yet_another_KOTOR2_MOD.zip

One last note and I'll go away :geek: : This isn't really ment to be an "insane" mod, so while the battles are significantly harder than with the regular game, a combat oriented character (guardian/maurader for instance) will still be able to pound through the game without too much trouble. If anybody wants me to make a "I am a Sith chew toy" build, just ask. :D

One last note and I'll go away :geek: : This isn't really ment to be an "insane" mod, so while the battles are significantly harder than with the regular game, a combat oriented character (guardian/maurader for instance) will still be able to pound through the game without too much trouble.  If anybody wants me to make a "I am a Sith chew toy" build, just ask. :D

Would it be possible to put the level cap back on the game and not it effect the Prestige classes?

I just think it is "overkill" on the devs part to be able to go up to level 30 (or beyond) when the game is relatively easy enough if you know how to properly build and level-up your characters.

Would it be possible to put the level cap back on the game and not it effect the Prestige classes?

I just think it is "overkill" on the devs part to be able to go up to level 30 (or beyond) when the game is relatively easy enough if you know how to properly build and level-up your characters.

I don't know about the level cap, but it would be possible to re-edit the xp table so that you would end up with a more reasonable level at the end of the game. I believe Hades_one has a mod that does that, and I think he(?) handled the Prestige class issue by having the switch happen at LV10. I don't have a link to that mod off the top of my head, but it's around here somewhere...

Actually, it's here.

Thanks for the quick reply :D

One last issue and I will stop bothering you...

Would it be possible to decrease the amount of Saves the AI gets whenever you use an offensive force power like Push, or Stun?

I don't expect every single time you use these powers to work... But it seems, from my perspective, it makes investing in these kinds of powers useless in the game's current state because 9 times out of 10 the AI saves... Whereas in KOTOR I it seemed more balanced to me.

Maybe it is just me...

Thanks for the quick reply  :D

One last issue and I will stop bothering you...

Would it be possible to decrease the amount of Saves the AI gets whenever you use an offensive force power like Push, or Stun?

I don't expect every single time you use these powers to work... But it seems, from my perspective, it makes investing in these kinds of powers useless in the game's current state because 9 times out of 10 the AI saves... Whereas in KOTOR I it seemed more balanced to me.

Maybe it is just me...

You mean with the stock game, or the mod? Either way, a Consular with high wisdom and charisma can throw people around like rag dolls. With the normal game, a starting Consular with wis&chr of 14 can push or stun most opponents; on the other hand, if you're a foolish and ugly Guardian, don't expect your force-fu to be of much use :wub:.

To answer your question, though: yes, it is possible to lower the saving throws of the enemy. :lol:

Why don't you release the source code as Beancounter did (especially since you are using his mod)?

If people want to make their mods compatible with yours, they are stuck (there are quite a few mods around that tweak k_inc_force.nss...)...and forget about deompiling K_ai_master.ncs and k_sp1_generic.ncs and reading the byte code... :thumbsup:"

Why don't you release the source code as Beancounter did (especially since you are using his mod)?

If people want to make their mods compatible with yours, they are stuck (there are quite a few mods around that tweak k_inc_force.nss...)...and forget about deompiling K_ai_master.ncs and k_sp1_generic.ncs and reading the byte code...  :)"

Um, because I didn't think about it. The only change I made to Beancounter's files is the one he recommended for enabling the boss AI for all enemy, so I didn't think it would be necessary to include his source files, since you could get it from his mod. As for k_inc_force.nss, it just didn't occur to me. Here, then, is the mod, with the Fury fix and all the source files. Better? :D

yet_another_KOTOR2_MOD.zip