The Atton Rand Poll

What do you think of Atton after playing the game?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Atton after playing the game?

• I think he's a cheap Han Solo wannabe.
    • I like him. Funny, with a badboy streak.
    • Bah! He's not even half the man Carth Onasi was.....
    • I want to have his baby!
    • *daydreams about making love to him*
    • He's straight!? But they all said he was a fruit prior to release.....
    • Grrr...they cut his homocidal darkside aspect from the ending......
    • I was busy fantasizing about the female characters to notice Atton
    • *proudly displays a printed, photoshopped half-naked Atton Rand*
    • Who?

Hey, I don't recall any of the pre-game gayness, let me know.

His in-game stuff is vaguely homoerotic for a male character if you try kinda hard to see it (y'know that in the cut ending where he's dying, he says basically everything the same except the "loved you" part?). Which I dig.

Just take a look at this old screen shot if you need reminding. :D

post-1139-1110354000_thumb.jpg

Am I missing something? What's so "gay" about that screenshot? ...or are you simply referring to his old face model (which I'm glad they didn't use - it's ugly).

Atton tends to get mixed up with Carth in my mind a bit, probably because they both piloted Ebon Hawk, and because he just seemed that type of character. But Atton definitely has a shiftier aspect, because once Carth finally trusted you as Revan, he is extremely loyal. I don't get that sense from Atton, that he fully dealt with his past. I could also see Kreia wanting to exploit him because of it, for his arrogance in thinking he could hide from her.

Might've been an interesting twist for her to try to turn him against you.

But he was a good character, all in all I liked him and took him along because he often popped up with funny things to say.

LOL... he did look like a wimp and that is what made him a good assassin. ;)

I pikced that they cut his darkside ending... I thought that was some of the best voice acting his character did. *gets the shivers* :p

But he also wasn't half the man that Carth was... nor was he supposed to be! :-"

Also, I do enjoy my pixcel men half-naked, so that was a viable option as well. :wub:

omg - lol, that made me laugh.

I liked him a lot more than option #2 indicates but I don't want to have a baby so I chose #5...and am relieved to see I'm not the only one. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

One more thing - in that pre-release screenie, what in the world is wrong with Atton's arm??

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm a guy, so while I was trying very hard to develop some sort of 'sexual tension' towards Mira (meh... Visas well, the only good thing about Visas was Kelly Hu), I'd have to say Atton was easily the most amusing character in the game.

Actually, I'd say HK was, and then Atton, and then G0-T0.

Was it even POSSIBLE to have a 'romantic' connection with Mira? Or was it just limited to Handmaiden and Visas?

Sigh... Mira was sexy... a lot more interesting than a battle angel (I wish I could rename her to Alita ! :D) Handmaiden or a blind bat.

Atton looks like he's wearing some kind of weird armored glove in that screenie.

Was it even POSSIBLE to have a 'romantic' connection with Mira? Or was it just limited to Handmaiden and Visas?

Sigh... Mira was sexy... a lot more interesting than a battle angel (I wish I could rename her to Alita ! :D)  Handmaiden or a blind bat.

Just limited to Handmaiden and Visas :(

Atton has some fantastic lines in the beginning of the game...it's a pity his banter dies down after leaving Telos.

He seems to like my DS male more than anyone else in the world, noone is allowed to come near him. Runs after him to say I should stay safe on NS, even barked at Handmaiden and told her to back off, lol. :D

He's such a nice dark apprentice, he looks like a half dead since he managed to get 100% DS before I did, probably due to my Sith Lord influence, but still I have a feeling they have something going on when I'm not looking, scary thought huh? :wub:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I liked him a lot more than option #2 indicates but I don't want to have a baby so I chose #5...and am relieved to see I'm not the only one. :D

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. :)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Y'know, I redid the ending today as a darksider, and realized that Kreia gives you a more certain answer about whether Atton loves you or not... well it's still indirect, but a bit clearer than if he's lightside.

If Atton has been made extremely DS, Kreia says he'll stay a murderer and end up going down a self-destructive path of murdering jedi until there are none left. When you ask if he loved you, she essentially says he can't really "love" anything anymore (that line randomly reminded me of Carth's "you may not love me... you may not love ANYTHING anymore" line), but that he would certainly die for you, and one wouldn't die for someone they don't care about.... very key words there.

If he was lightside, I vaguely remember her just saying that he will always be a fool, which annoyed me.

... so it sorta sucks that she's more direct when it involves a more tragic end to their relationship. :thumbsup:

What was kinda nice, though, was that my influence with Disciple was less this time around (plus he was halfway DS) so Kreia said because of his fear of betrayals (mine, I guess) there was no love there and that his rule as a senator would be a cold one. muhahahah....

If he was lightside, I vaguely remember her just saying that he will always be a fool, which annoyed me.

Well, I think the light side one is also quite clear that she said he loves you since I see Kreia as someone who firmly believes that, "Only fools fall in love" ^o^

Well, I think the light side one is also quite clear that she said he loves you since I see Kreia as someone who firmly believes that, "Only fools fall in love" ^o^

I hate her... <_< I loaded up my LS game to see again what she said and she says he's a fool and that should answer my question, and that he has nothing to offer me. :thumbsup: I guess you're right about that "fools fall in love" thing, but I hadn't thought about that when I read her reply... lol all I was thinking was "answer the question, dammit!" since she didn't even say in the least bit whether he cared or not, as in her DS answer.

edit: oh, and WOW did I feel guilty about making Atton embrace the dark force pools in Nadd's tomb this time around. When I made him reject them before, he was really happy and it was clear he believed he could finally redeem himself... but when I made him DS this time he kept saying he didn't want to talk about it and was so withdrawn and cold. ;)

edit: oh, and WOW did I feel guilty about making Atton embrace the dark force pools in Nadd's tomb this time around.  When I made him reject them before, he was really happy and it was clear he believed he could finally redeem himself...  but when I made him DS this time he kept saying he didn't want to talk about it and was so withdrawn and cold.  :huh:

Yeah, I felt the same way too... I thought it was fitting that he should choose the dark path, as I was playing DS that time around, but in retrospect, I feel kinda bad.

Oh well. I was only playing DS so I could unlock the Easter Eggs. I HATE playing DS. I'm actually amazed that I managed to actually finish the game by doing so.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

edit: oh, and WOW did I feel guilty about making Atton embrace the dark force pools in Nadd's tomb this time around.  When I made him reject them before, he was really happy and it was clear he believed he could finally redeem himself...  but when I made him DS this time he kept saying he didn't want to talk about it and was so withdrawn and cold.  :(

Yeah, I felt the same way too... I thought it was fitting that he should choose the dark path, as I was playing DS that time around, but in retrospect, I feel kinda bad.

Oh well. I was only playing DS so I could unlock the Easter Eggs. I HATE playing DS. I'm actually amazed that I managed to actually finish the game by doing so.

I actually feel really guilty doing DS deeds...even though it's only a game, and I haven't REALLY convinced an ill man to kill himself, or encourage a Quarren to sell a small girl as a slave....