Why everyone should be light side

As far as KOTOR 1 goes, everyone ought to play light side because the sith are so moronic. This is sort of like the thread about them always underestimating you.(These points aren't really intended to be taken seriously)

1) All of them seriously need a psychaitrist, as they each think that they are strong enough to kill three obviously superior jedi.

2) Malak is a total dumbass. One example is why he sends Calo Nord after you? If you could beat him before you were a jedi, what were his odds supposed to be after you'd become a jedi?

3) Revan's ship really sucked if Malak could nearly kill someone on its bridge in a surprise attack before anyone knew what was happening. Aren't Star Wars ships supposed to have like sheilds and armor and stuff?

4) At least Palpatine and Vader built their own Death Star. Revan and Malak didn't build the Star Forge, they just found it lying around waiting for them.

5) Malak knew EXACTLY where you were going to be at every star map? But does he blow those planets up? Does he reinforce those planets with legions of sith minions? No, out of the two planets that he blew up, neither of them were ones that could have hidden his super factory forever. And he only sends two incompetent guys after you.

6) Malak knows that you are out there, he knows you're going to get to Korriban eventually, he's sending guys after you, and he knows who you are once Calo tells him when you leave dantooine. You'd think he would give your description to his minions on Korriban, since the whole planet works for him, and tell them not to let you in.

7) Out of all the people Revan could have picked for an apprentice, he picked the dumbest idiot in the entire universe. The only worse apprentice he could have found would have been Julhani.

:lol: The Leviathan pulls you out of hyperspace, why don't they have the presence of mind to do the same thing when you try and get back into hyperspace?

9) If Malak had fought you in the room at the same time as the regenerating droids, you probably would have lost. But that would be asking too much of him.

As far as KOTOR 1 goes, everyone ought to play light side because the sith are so moronic. This is sort of like the thread about them always underestimating you.(These points aren't really intended to be taken seriously)

1) All of them seriously need a psychaitrist, as they each think that they are strong enough to kill three obviously superior jedi.

2) Malak is a total dumbass. One example is why he sends Calo Nord after you? If you could beat him before you were a jedi, what were his odds supposed to be after you'd become a jedi?

3) Revan's ship really sucked if Malak could nearly kill someone on its bridge in a surprise attack before anyone knew what was happening. Aren't Star Wars ships supposed to have like sheilds and armor and stuff?

4) At least Palpatine and Vader built their own Death Star. Revan and Malak didn't build the Star Forge, they just found it lying around waiting for them.

5) Malak knew EXACTLY where you were going to be at every star map? But does he blow those planets up? Does he reinforce those planets with legions of sith minions? No, out of the two planets that he blew up, neither of them were ones that could have hidden his super factory forever. And he only sends two incompetent guys after you.

6) Malak knows that you are out there, he knows you're going to get to Korriban eventually, he's sending guys after you, and he knows who you are once Calo tells him when you leave dantooine. You'd think he would give your description to his minions on Korriban, since the whole planet works for him, and tell them not to let you in.

7) Out of all the people Revan could have picked for an apprentice, he picked the dumbest idiot in the entire universe. The only worse apprentice he could have found would have been Julhani.

:lol: The Leviathan pulls you out of hyperspace, why don't they have the presence of mind to do the same thing when you try and get back into hyperspace?

9) If Malak had fought you in the room at the same time as the regenerating droids, you probably would have lost. But that would be asking too much of him.

yep, stupid people in games and stupid people in the sw movies

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

1. I think it's the "overconfident & proud syndrome." They're convinced that they're powerful and pay for it with thrir lives. Part of the reason is because Sith idealogy teaches that passions give them strength, and well, a number of teens & young adults are just full of it. They don't need a psychiatrist, they just need to get over themselves. Too late.... ;)

2. Well the situation was lopsided in that hanger, with BOMBS dropping from orbit. He (pointlessly) brought friends with him when he hunted Revan. Of course, Calo's got an ego the size of a cruiser, and clearly would've preferred death than accept the fact that Revan was better than him. For Malak & Admiral Karath though, Calo wasn't exactly a prized asset so he was expendable to them.

3. Well, in the time period of the movies capital ships had heavy shields. Hard to say what was going on with the Sith ships in this time period.

4. Yes, but the Death Star was designed for the sole purpose of blowing things up. The Star Forge however could generate an endless fleet.....something 100x more complicated than a superlaser.

5. Well, Malak wasn't very bright......... :)

6. See #5

7. That's because Revan always was the MASTER. Malak was just a groupie who had muscle but not the brains.

8. I don't think the Leviathan's crew was exactly 100% functional immediately afterwards, with the Admiral DEAD and all. They could barely fire one turbolaser at the Ebon Hawk, let alone operate a gravity well projector.

9. Malak didn't think Revan could handle the droids. Afterall, they were the SPECIAL Star Forge droids. For furthur reference, see #5 above. :p

That I can't argue with. Or they may simply not think you were superior. However, it is hard to stomach the ones that DO know you as Revan. I think that can be simply explained by the word "stupid."

Does he know at that point that you are a Jedi? Perhaps he thought that if Nord wasn't caught unawares and with backup he would do a better job.

From the impression I got, shields were a new thing. Take the first merchant you see, he made it seem like shields were barely invented, telling you what it is, how it functions, etc. If this was true, I doubt that shields existed that could protect entire battleships.

In some respects, I guess you are right. However, since this is 4000 years before Episode IV, I doubt they had the technology. In addition, there are some aspects of the Star Forge that the Death Star did not have.

Perhaps he assumed that Bandon could finish the job. And besides, those planets proved valuable to the Sith. I doubt he wanted to blow up Manaan and the supply of kolto anytime soon.

That I can't argue with. What's even worse is that none of those idiots knew what Revan looked like.

Malak is a likely choice, especially since the two are childhood friends. Why not, he helped you find all the star maps. And he is another trained Jedi. Sure he's dumb, but he's got other qualities.

:wacko: The Leviathan pulls you out of hyperspace, why don't they have the presence of mind to do the same thing when you try and get back into hyperspace?

Can't argue with that. Perhaps there's a technical issue that technology had an easier time picking something up coming out of hyperspace. Kinda makes sense too, it would probably be easier to catch a slowing car than a speeding one. And I doubt Revan's ship sucks, it's infamous throughout the galaxy as one of the fastest ever.

Can't argue with that.

I agree with a couple of those responses and just don't have the patience to write out my own. So we'll stick with those reasons as to why the original post is flawed.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't really feel like writing a 10-page essay in response, so here's the short version: While I agree with some of those statements regarding the darkside, having played both, I just can't see myself playing lightside again because it is boring, and being "Goody Two Shoes" just isn't my style.

Besides,there was one good thing about playing the darkside; I got to betray & kill Carth, that alone makes it worth my while. ;)

1. Can't argue with that, especially since one of them is known throughout the galaxy for her Battle Meditation, one was quite possibly the most powerful jedi ever, infamous as the greatest tactician of all time, and one was just an old man (Who could use the force to crush the life from your body, call lightnin gfrom the sky to strike you, and heal the entire party of jedi, all at the same time, without lifting a finger).

2. Nord put up a fight and would've given you some trouble if that girder hadn't fallen on his head. Of course, Davik was weak, so Malak probably thought that with some Rodians with blasters at his side, he could get the job done. Besides, he wanted to kill you, so he probably gave Malak a great deal compared to other bounties. He probably gave Malak the standard half now, half later payment plan, so Malak thought he'd give it a shot.

3. They weren't in battle, so Revan probably didn't have the sheilds activated, saving energy should they be suddenly ambushed. My question is this: Malak shot a blast from the main cannon right into Revan's unshielded bridge. Revan was broken (yet Bastila, 8 feet away, was merely knocked over) with that blast. Yet the viewing window was unscathed, despite the direct, fully charged hit of a battle cruiser. Hm?

4. The Sith are oppurtunists. Why waste time, money, and men building a barely mobile uber-laser, when you could simply take a pre-existing factory that used very few physical resources to produce high-quality droids and vehicles, not to mention that it had no hole on the outside that led right to something that would the whole thing up.

5. He does send a group of three Dark Jedi after you on two of those planets. Dark Jedi who can't seem to figure out which end of the rod the blade comes out until they press the magic button.

6. Can't argue. But I'm glad he didn't monetheless.

7. What Malak lacked in brains, he made up for with... nevermind, you're right.

8. The admiral was dead, the entire bridge was a burning graveyard, and Malak already had what he wanted. He didn't think you were powerful enough to challenge him, since you were "merely a pawn of the Jedi Counsel". Besides, I don't think he could've if he wanted to.

9. Malak didn't just want you dead. The droids were there to kill you, true, but if you passed them, he knew that you were powerful enough to at least challenge him. He said that he wanted it to be master versus apprentice, to prove once and for all that he was stronger. Besides, he had those drinkable Jedi in the other room. Without them, he would've been dead much quicker.

It says in the game at some point that the Republic strike force disabled Revan's shields so that the Jedi could board the ship.

And while Malak had the IQ of a rotting cheese sandwich I'm sure he had other positive character attributes. We just haven't come across them yet.

This mental disablitity seems to be enthusiatically copied by the majority of the Sith you meet in the game. Maybe they just wanted to be like their Sith Master. Set your sights low I guess...

1. Your right, they are insane, mabey they have a deep inferiority complex

2. Malak is an idiot, but like said above he didn't know if u had become a jedi yet, he meerly knew u were alive and on dantooine. Though he could have put 2 and 2 together and realise datooine + revan + jedi order in need of powerful jedi to help them in the war

3. They did have sheild technology at this time (IE the ebon hawk has visible shields, so why not giant warcruisers. personal sheilds are like a compact mini sheild device and just coming into use, computers are getting smaller and more portable, why not sheilds) Perhapse the sheilds were down via the jedi bording party, either way, the shots didn't hit the armor, they hit the bridge windows severaly damaging the bridge.

4. vader and sidious did not design the death star, they only built it, seperatists scientists designed it. Also, the star forge did far more then a death star, it slices, it dices, it makes capital ships and if u find right now, comes with a beautiful beach world right neay by. Not only was it a shipyard and a droid forge, but it was also a mobile giant dreadnaught armed with heavy turbolasers all over it's surface, had malak not been an idiot, and had put the starforge into dreadnaught mode, the sith would never have lost that battle, the stabalizers wouldn't matter. It could just ram through the whole republic fleet, blasting anything that doesn't get crushed to dust by being rammed by it's massive hull. It's a heck of alot bigger than the deastar too, u could see it as a tiny dot, in comparison to a STAR, it doesn't matter what kind of star it is as long as it isn't one of those weird nuetron stars (and it wasn't) even if seen as a speck, if it compares to a star, it's pretty dang big.

5. Malak was an idiot

6. see point 5

7. Malak just tagged along, they were buddies back at the academy so he just assumed the title. Revan didn't seem to care, though obviously as seen through the course of the game, he would have been better off with hk as his aprentice.

8. You wiped out a good portion of the command crew, they were in chaos.

9. see point 5

:) The Leviathan pulls you out of hyperspace, why don't they have the presence of mind to do the same thing when you try and get back into hyperspace?

In response to 5: The computer in the temple on the unknown planet tells you that the star maps were built throughout the galaxy and were slowly repairing themselves. So perhaps some of ones you visited were not known to Revan and Malak (they had to have gone to more of them than you had to) because the Star Maps had less information then).

7:

I recall there being some division among people about who was the greater leader/jedi: Malak or Revan. The focus paid to Revan throughout the game likely had something to do with you being Revan.

It was sort of like picking his VP; you don't want to be contrary to people you're working with, you don't want civil war, and you just want to avoid in-fighting if you want to keep your power and actually do anything with it.

Malak was the figurehead in a lot of ways, as he was on the front-lines more, but Revan was the brains of the two and sat back (mostly) thinking up strategy. He was the, "man behind the mask" (or curtain).

Also, I think personal shields were more the new invention, and it seems they had capital ship shields of some sort. How else would the Leviathan/Hammerhead ships take such a pounding? Heck, even the Endar Spire was under attack for at least 10 minutes or something.

4. vader and sidious did not design the death star, they only built it, seperatists scientists designed it. Also, the star forge did far more then a death star, it slices, it dices, it makes capital ships and if u find right now, comes with a beautiful beach world right neay by. Not only was it a shipyard and a droid forge, but it was also a mobile giant dreadnaught armed with heavy turbolasers all over it's surface, had malak not been an idiot, and had put the starforge into dreadnaught mode, the sith would never have lost that battle, the stabalizers wouldn't matter. It could just ram through the whole republic fleet, blasting anything that doesn't get crushed to dust by being rammed by it's massive hull. It's a heck of alot bigger than the deastar too, u could see it as a tiny dot, in comparison to a STAR, it doesn't matter what kind of star it is as long as it isn't one of those weird nuetron stars (and it wasn't) even if seen as a speck, if it compares to a star, it's pretty dang big.

What makes you think the Star Forge could move? What about all the star Map stuff, the fact that those Star Maps had been made 20,000 or whatever years ago and yet still said where it was, heavily implying it as a stationary object? What about the fact that it was right next to the alleged Rakatan homeworld?