Gaining Inlfuence with Mandalore

I have read the Influence guide and it says that if you want to gain influence with Mandalore you should give responses on Onderon to side with General Vaklu. Well, I don't like to side with him as I play LS, but I don't mind gaining a few DS points since it's pretty easy to gain them back later on. Is there a way to gain influence with Mandalore but not having to side with Vaklu for the second time you go to Onderon? Or can you decide who you are going to support later on when you come back to the Mandalorian camp. Anyone experienced here?

Master Vandar lives!

My friend reckons that Maldalore is Mira's father (no idea where we got that from), any evidence that might be possible?  I think pobably not...

nah they are too opposite characters.

Mandalore is dressed from head to nails while Mira is hardly dressed. :D

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Outside of Onderon, it's nearly impossible to raise Mandalore's influence, even if you're darkside.

Interestingly enough, if you use the KOTOR savegame editor (KSE) and fix his influence at 100%, he says "Since you helped me gather the clans together, I feel obligated to tell you of the mission Revan gave me" (assuming you set Revan as Lightside). he tells you all about him 'n Revan, and how he found Mandalore's lost armor.

Seems to me that most of his influence should be tied to the Mandalorian leadership quest (where you help Mandalore recruit the Mandalorians on Dantooine and Nar Shaddaa), and since that quest seems truncated (or outright broken), there's no way to raise his influence. I assume the way it was supposed to happen is that you raise his influence with your actions on Onderon just enough that he asks you to help gather the Clans. Once you've gathered them under his banner, then you get his backstory.

spoiler ahead (Mandalore's true name and my guess as to whether he could be Mira's father):

He's canderous ordo from KOTOR1, by the way. It might be possible that Mandalore is Mira's father, since Mira was an adopted(?) mandalorian child. She assumes her family died at Malachor V along with the rest of the mandalorians (you get this information when you raise your influence with her), and Canderous definitely was at Malachor V, so...

Thank you all for your answers, but when I raise his influence on Onderon is there still a way to side with Queen Talia if you have "supported" General Vaklu in the streets of Onderon?

In other words, where do you actually choose a side?

Master Vandar lives!

I think your last chance to choose is when you talk to Col. Tobin in the cantina. I'm pretty sure that, in one of my games, I got all 3 bounties for the captains and got urged the crowd to attack the palace (in order to gain influence with Mandalore), but was then able to tell side with Talia by telling Col. Tobin that I wouldn't support Vaklu because I didn't want to kill Kavar.

Liz

I tested this a while ago, and it is perfectly possible to gain full influence with Mandalore while supporting the Queen. You just have to do things carefully.

Who you support seems to be decided by whether you support Vaklu or the Queen in the first riot scene. So - don't choose "the queen should listen to the will of her people".

After that, you can do what you like - choose to help Ando, to gain INF, (BUT if you want to stay roleplaying LS, you don;'t actually have to complete her quest, just say you will) and support the second riot to gain Vaklu's attention - +INF. Since in this scenario, you can also kill Vaklu for INF with Mandy, it actually works out to give you more INF than supporting Vaklu!

It worked for me, anyway.

BG.

• 17 years later...

by all guides Mandalore (aka Canderous Ordo, same Canderous from first game) is dark side character, and you can win influence only by dark side actions, if so why he is light side character in my playthrough, i can't give you screenshot, but believe me he is light side