Nearly 500,000 pro-Syrian protesters...protest

kumquatq3

Similar to what Phosphior said, there isnt really that much to talk about. The moslems want Lebanon to become an Islamic state with support from Syria, whilst most western states+Israel would avoid that since it would be detrimental to their geopolitical economic agendas.

If a majority of the people of Lebanon want an Islamic goverment, let them have it.

Phosphor> We're not going to have a BioWare rule #6 from now on are we? That would kill alot of interesting debate.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ok... What are you looking for here in terms of a response?

I posted a news bit I felt the community might be interested in. I didn't know I had to now direct the discussion and/or posts from that point on. ;)

I mean, considering the possibly massive changes all around the middle-east, I figured some people might be following events there in recent days.

and who doesn't like a freaking giant man-eating croc? :)

Phosphor> We're not going to have a BioWare rule #6 from now on are we? That would kill alot of interesting debate.

Whats rule number 6?

Actually, I'm more worried about the elimination of light-heart posting than I am of hard off-topic debate. Seems we can't even kid around in "way off topic", but I suppose we all expected a bit of a crackdown. Weather the storm and all that.

It's one of those places in the world, like the Balcans, where too many ethnic groups, political interests, religious conflicts etc. mix up. Once you remove a powerplayer, watch the imminent destabilisation.

Nothing wrong or mysterious about it really, if I were pro-Syrian, I would probably protest too if Syria looks like pulling out. It has been done since forever, people rallying behind whoever they see as their most powerful interest supporters.

:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nothing wrong or mysterious about it really, if I were pro-Syrian, I would probably protest too if Syria looks like pulling out.

Well, from what I've read, there is a bit of MYSTERY involved. There are reports of people being muscled into being at the rally and reports of Syria busing in protesters from Syria

Well, from what I've read, there is a bit of MYSTERY involved. There are reports of people being muscled into being at the rally and reports of Syria busing in protesters from Syria

Well, if forced at gunpoint, it would definitely be in their best interest to show support (why do I get images of a happy merchant from Onderon here) :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

We're not going to have a BioWare rule #6 from now on are we? That would kill alot of interesting debate.

Whats rule number 6?

Rule 6 is the "No politics, no religion, no controversy or anything that could be percieved as such" rule which is in reality, a ban on all forms of serious debate. If Obsidian pulls the same stunt, Im leaving.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Actually, I'm more worried about the elimination of light-heart posting than I am of hard off-topic debate. Seems we can't even kid around in "way off topic", but I suppose we all expected a bit of a crackdown. Weather the storm and all that.

I know it's fun to kid around and post silliness, but I do ask that people excercise restraint. Kidding within the context of a substantial discussion is fine, but just posting random stuff isn't.

Rule 6 is the "No politics, no religion, no controversy or anything that could be percieved as such" rule which is in reality, a ban on all forms of serious debate. If Obsidian pulls the same stunt, Im leaving.

At the moment, religion and politics are fair areas of discussion. What we ask though is that people respect differing opinions, and not resort to flaming and antagonism in those discussions. Debate is fine, attacking someone is not. Because it's currently allowed to discuss hot topics like those, it's only fair that people understand and respect the courtesy being provided in allowing those topics as open for discussion.

By all means, Obsidian would be well within their rights to disallow religious, political and other hot-button subjects from the boards. But, since that's not the case right now, we ask you use consideration when discussing those sorts of things.

Ultimately, if people want off-topic discussions of all kinds, treat the opportunity well and don't abuse it.

newlogo.gif

Hezbolla is a terrorist organzation based in Syira. I believe this protest was planed by the Syrians. Since the Syirans dont want to lose their puppet state.

I'm sure to them the U.S. military seems like quite the "terrorist organization", and the american government a puppet for "big business"

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm sure to them the U.S. military seems like quite the "terrorist organization", and the american government a puppet for "big business"

In reality to Hezbolla.

America is the great satan.

Jews and other non Muslims are infeldels.

Jews dont belong in the Middle East.

Americans are terrorists.

Americans are puppests to their Jewish masters.

In reality to Hezbolla.

America is the great satan.

Jews and other non Muslims are infeldels.

Jews dont belong in the Middle East.

Americans are terrorists.

Americans are puppests to their Jewish masters.

AMERICANS ARE TERRORIST

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I believe that Phosphor has addressed this and I will try one last time to state admin's opinion. Please feel free to discuss politics in a matter that is respectful and constructive. Baiting, flaming and/or general misuse of the privelege to discuss such matters can be quickly revoked if not approached in the manner outlined above. No one other than a member is responsible for his/her manner of posting. The guidelines for these fora are clear. With that said, please feel free to continue this discussion in light of the input provided by Phosphor and myself.

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I believe that Phosphor has addressed this and I will try one last time to state admin's opinion. Please feel free to discuss politics in a matter that is respectful and constructive. Baiting, flaming and/or general misuse of the privelege to discuss such matters can be quickly revoked if not approached in the manner outlined above. No one other than a member is responsible for his/her manner of posting. The guidelines for these fora are clear. With that said, please feel free to continue this discussion in light of the input provided by Phosphor and myself.

Respectfully,

Fionavar

I understand, but as mods I'd hope you guys take things in context.

As my bright yellow smiley with a halo indicates, I am clearly kidding about B5C being a terrorist for voting for bush.

Nor, IMO, did I think Laozi was serious for declaring all Americans are terrorists. At least, not in the direct way the post would indicate. He might have gotten around to "The people you see as terrorists consider you terrorists" kinda of thing.

We have had several heated but mostly controlled political debates on this forum. None of them I can remember were locked till they evolved from heated debate to basically fart jokes. Most of us know each other and get along here. No one is trying to make anyone else cry or anything. We have even tackled religious topics in, again heated, but responsible ways (the ten commandments topics).

If a crack down is needed, it might be better severed by eliminating the dozens apon dozens of duplicate threads complaining about the same issues in the K2 forums rather than a forum that has never given anyone any real trouble. Tho I'm not the boss, and I know you guys are doing what your told, but thats how I see it.