How would you deal with the loose ends?

I think I finally came up with a solution to tying up the lose ends for both Revan and the Exile as well as for a protagonist for KOTOR III.

The Exile follows Revan into unknown space. Where Revan hasnt been having a whole lot of success with destabilising the true Sith, either to stop them or to take over.

The two meet up and after a battle which pushes both to thier limits ,they finally call a truce.

Even together they still cant match the power of the true sith. Then they remember the Sithari.. And what could be more powerful than the result of a union between two of the most powerful force users of the age.

Whether out of pratical reasons or feelings the two have a child.

Unfortunately this draws sith like moths to a flame, forcing them to flee from planet to planet eventually back into known space. With no chance of beating the Sith they leave the child in the care of an old friend (personally I think Jolee rocks but it could be anyone really).

Before returning to Sith space to lead the assasins away and finally face their destiny.

You grow up in the care of Jolee who is now pushing on a bit even for a Jedi. While he has trained you in the ways of the force he has never taught you the ways of the Jedi or the Sith, only told you tales of the wars. The one thing he would never reveal was who your parents were. Only saying that when the time was right it would be your destiny to seek their fate and do what they could not.

So while you are the child of Revan and the Exile, you dont have any of that hidden memory stuff, because you find out about your own origins by finding out what happened to your parents.

And while Revan and the Exile are dead regardless, you will still be able to fill in those blanks in the same way as you would if you were recovering lost memories.

In effect the player would get closure along with the character.

While it does require that they be of opposite sexes I think as long as you let the player choose one and default the identity of the other it should be a good compromise (as everyone will invariably have a favourite).

You could even go totally cheesey and redo the whole bad guy is your father (or mother ) routine, but that would make me groan so please dont..

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

T"he two meet up and after a battle which pushes both to thier limits ,they finally call a truce."

Why would they fight? Unless you make it so one is ultimately DS and the other LS. And, consideirng the rest of your plan, it seems silly that al after fighting they would have sex. R00fles! Talk about bad soap operas.

I like the overall idea; but you gots to choose between Raven/Exile as fighters or them as lovers. Not both.

Stage 1: I wanna kill ya.

Stage 2: Le'ts make whoopee!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well... if you consider the whole Handmaiden thing...

with the get to know a person through fighting thing... well i don't know...

Why not... could happen... it's Star Wars for christ sake...

Darn you spoiled KOTOR3 for me! nice idea, though i cant picture revan or the exile as a female i'd have no problems with it.

" So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

- Rimmer, Quarantine

T"he two meet up and after a battle which pushes both to thier limits ,they finally call a truce."

Why would they fight? Unless you make it so one is ultimately DS and the other LS. And, consideirng the rest of your plan, it seems silly that al after fighting they would have sex. R00fles! Talk about bad soap operas.

I like the overall idea; but you gots to choose between Raven/Exile as fighters or them as lovers. Not both.

It's not as uncommon as you might think. :D

Plus I'm not actually suggesting that they just drop their lightsabers and start doing it on the floor right there. Rather that afterwards they work together but are still not strong enough to accomplish their goals, then they have sex.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Fecking Hilarious (w00t)

Big problem is that it steps on too many toes, in regards to people's conception of Revan and the Exile.

It not only requires they be of opposite gender, as you mentioned, but requires them to mutually agree they should have a child. Why would a Dark Side Revan have a child with a Light Side Exile, or vice versa? If Revan is Light Side and the player thinks of him/her as having a romance with Bastila/Carth (or similiar for the Exile and his/her possible love interests), wouldn't it kinda hit the concept behind the character to have him/her get down to some mattress dancing with another character?

And my Dark Side Revan killed Jolee.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

If Revan is male and exile female, I think the exile will be in trouble.

A furious Bastila is going after her. :D

Funny idea, but I would rather it not to be used in K3

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Big problem is that it steps on too many toes, in regards to people's conception of Revan and the Exile.

It not only requires they be of opposite gender, as you mentioned, but requires them to mutually agree they should have a child. Why would a Dark Side Revan have a child with a Light Side Exile, or vice versa? If Revan is Light Side and the player thinks of him/her as having a romance with Bastila/Carth (or similiar for the Exile and his/her possible love interests), wouldn't it kinda hit the concept behind the character to have him/her get down to some mattress dancing with another character?

And my Dark Side Revan killed Jolee.

Well if you think of the time that has past and the fact that both Revan and the Exile forsook their loved ones it would make sense that they at least have moved on. You could always run into Carth and or Bastilia as your character and break the bad news. It could be that the very reason that they had to leave their loved ones behind was because they were destined for each other from the start.

Love is funny that way. It has a way of crossing all sorts of boundries. Thats why it makes such a great story telling device.

I used Jolee because I like him as a character and he has the right sort of outlook to make a good teacher but without being preachy. The other reason is that the PC would need to be raised in isolation so they couldnt make any force bonds.

But it wouldnt have to be Jolee, Master Vandar might make a good alternative. But secreted away on a swamp world somewhere might just be too Yodery.

Then again if paralels to the first trilogy are what you are looking for, you will get it in spades with this story.

Whichever route KOTOR III ulitmately takes in order to tell a coherent story it's going to have to come up with some solid identies, or leave them nebulous like in II. Only in this case you now have two nebulous entities to deal with rather than one.

478327[/snapback]

Hmm, interesting idea, but I don't think it would really work with K3.

Like another poster said it would ruin some people's ideas of Revan and Exile and while it may not be such a big thing to some players, it is to others.

I think you should have the option to recreate Revan and Exile, at character creation. Maybe the devs could update the heads that are available in K1 and K2 with more pixels and such.

Of course I want to play Revan as the PC in K3, but that's just me, and a few other people. :unsure:

Like another poster said it would ruin some people's ideas of Revan and Exile and while it may not be such a big thing to some players, it is to others.

I think you should have the option to recreate Revan and Exile, at character creation. Maybe the devs could update the heads that are available in K1 and K2 with more pixels and such.

Of course I want to play Revan as the PC in K3, but that's just me, and a few other people. :ermm:

Thats inevitable anyway.

Have you really thought about what that means in gameplay terms? It either means it will have no real function. Or you have to record four lots of voice/different dialogue for each character which comes to eight different dialogues (DS/male/female LS/male/female).

That would just be ridiculous for a stand alone game.I dont want to play from 20+ and I really dont want to see another meory wipe , espeically because the whole thing is now so obvious that even the most obtuse player couldnt miss it.

478327[/snapback]

Of course I want to play Revan as the PC in K3, but that's just me, and a few other people. :o

Thats inevitable anyway.

Have you really thought about what that means in gameplay terms? It either means it will have no real function. Or you have to record four lots of voice/different dialogue for each character which comes to eight different dialogues (DS/male/female LS/male/female).

That would just be ridiculous for a stand alone game.I dont want to play from 20+ and I really dont want to see another meory wipe , espeically because the whole thing is now so obvious that even the most obtuse player couldnt miss it.

The gameplay implications you've stated are true and I've said in earlier posts that creating a sequel to two such open-ended games would be difficult since the writers would have to quadruple their work for male/female, dark and light. Not to mention the combinations that arise when you also take the Exile into account as well.

I'm no game designer or story writer but I can see that it would be difficult to implement to please all players.

I would like it though if Revan and the Exile were PCs. Maybe you could have conversations between the two, choosing what each says to the other. I bet that would lead to some interesting options.

I highly doubt that K3 will revolve around another find your destiny/who you are type of story. Instead I think it will focus on the grand adventure of Revan and the Exile as they try to coordinate their defenses against the true sith threat. Its all there, Carth leading the republic,

Candyman leading the Mandalorians

, and the new force adepts taught by the Exile. Then we have personal stories of Revan the Exile and all the NPCs ready to be resolved. Its the classic Star Wars experience ready to be made and I think K3 has the potential to become possibly one of the greatest games ever with that Star Warsy feel and everything.

I can just imagine near the end of the game, the republic fleet under heavy attack and Carth in despair when thousands of Mandalorian Basilisk Droids suddenly drop out of hyperspace, the Candyman saying something insulting to Carth. Then Candyman shouts, "For Revan!" as he begins to decimate the surprised Sith fleet.

Then the game shifts back to Revan and Exile as they begin their own personal battle against the main antagonist.

Very RotJ, I know, but I like it.

Anyways that's just me. So LA take your time, choose wisely and try to stay true to the SW spirit.

If I was in charge of KotoR 3, I'd have you start on Dantooine. It's about 5 years after KotOR 2 or somewhere around 5 years. (6 or 7 maybe?) Anyways, you are a young Jedi, at about the age of 19-22 and you are promising, you know, very powerful connections with the Force, nice lightsaber moves, etc. Your Master (or the people Exhile trained/other masters) fears for you since Revan and Malak were strong and left for the Star Forge and all that jazz. The Jedi academy was rebuilt by some of your party members that you transformed into Jedi and they trained others to become Masters to fill in their place while they traveled all over the galaxy to train more Jedi. So, back to the academy. Your Master is afraid for you and you play through tests and such as you advance in the levels quickly. During the night, you are smuggled away by mysterious people and they knew how to defeat you such as by stealing your lightsaber, using a neurl restraint collar to disable your Force powers temporarily or just cripple them a bit. You are knocked out and wake up in a strange room on an Unknown planet. It's tropical and gizka are all around you as you wake. You're on a temple summit. (or if you dont' like the idea of returning planets you could just wake up in a strange rooftop). You see someone meditating after you wake at the end of the hallway and you get up. They stand and it's a Twi'lek named something Twi'leky (we'll just call them Stan). So, Stan fills you in after you ask why you are here or if you're going to go DS, you threaten to kill him. He will put you in Force whirlwind eventually so you can have a conversation. He tells you why you are here and such. Why? Because the Republic (plus Carth/Bastila) are desperate to know of Revan and the Exhile. They are old and cannot move about the galaxy as they once did. THus, they have called upon you for help. Surprise there huh? So, you can reject this "job" but Stan says that you must do it, for it is "your destiny". You have to buy or pretend to buy the line and you continue onwards. You get a 1 passenger ship plus 25 medpacs, your lightsaber, Jedi robes, and some other stuff like shields and a few blasters to take along with you. The ship is 1 passenger, like I already said with 1 bed a few plasteel cylinders. So, you go to your first destination to find more answers, as advised by Stan. And that place is Telos. You go there and meet up with a girl named Aneela. You find out that she was a Republic spy during the Jedi Civil War. She's got a decorated past. So, on Telos you've got to find the old Telos Polar Academy. You go there to find the Handmaidens Jedi and a real academy is there now. You speak to the Master of the academy, Brianna. You find out about Exhile if he was male or when she last saw Exhile with Atris if Exhile is female. After finding these answers, you've got to travel about to find more.

I'll probably edit though, since my hands hurt and I've got homework. ^_^

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Nice idea... I'd prefer to have my beginning, with that story...

Or, we could hope that the Devs are doing what they're paid to do, and coming up with an ending to the best series ever!

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Probably not my preferred ending but still very good and probably better then what LucasArts is brainstorming now...

Hmm, my only problem with it is that I'm a sucker for Revan/Bastila so having Revan/Exile would seem to ignore all that. but hey, the whole child idea is fine

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Probably not my preferred ending but still very good and probably better then what LucasArts is brainstorming now...

Hmm, my only problem with it is that I'm a sucker for Revan/Bastila so having Revan/Exile would seem to ignore all that. but hey, the whole child idea is fine

I imagine a lot of people are very Revan/Bastila. Although I dont think the idea of moving on is particulalry far fetched or anything.

As a writer I would not like to take into account 8 different what ifs but at the same time I do want absolute closure on the trilogy.

478327[/snapback]

If you set the game 10-20 years away, then the Exile/Revan would only change a few convos and cameos...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Revan and Exile don't have to have kids. All Exile has to do is bond OR kill Revan, and he will gain access to his power. Just pointing that out.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Not a bad idea but a few flaws that can be overcome.  Also you can produce a child with out sex.  Its called genetic manipulation and vat growing.  After all it is science fiction.

True. I thought of going the cloning material route but it lacks something when it comes to the journey.

For some reason the journey of finding your parents fate seems much more attractive than finding out you were grown in a tank.

478327[/snapback]