What a great game

Wow

-K2 was extremely good compared to the first one. I'm not being sarcastic. I felt engaged in the conversation.

-I especially liked it when the reciticle on a plasteel cylinder of another container displays, "Empty."

-I really liked the Influence-system but I am a litttle disappointed because there aren't that many influence opportunities with some party members.

Overall, K2 was a great game....Really liked it. ;)

Wow

-K2 was extremely good compared to the first one. I'm not being sarcastic. I felt engaged in the conversation.

-I especially liked it when the reciticle on a plasteel cylinder of another container displays, "Empty."

-I really liked the Influence-system but I am a litttle disappointed because there aren't that many influence opportunities with some party members.

Overall, K2 was a great game....Really liked it.  ;)

I concur.

damn good game. I just wish it was a little bit longer. It seems shorter than K1. Though with the additional content, maybe it would be closer. The longest part is the dialouge, but that's cool. Most of it was good.

I honestly think K2 is the greatest CRPG made this far, we have never seen such complex story and character interaction in any other western(as in non-japanese) game before.

And if we throw in the conditions it was made under(the insanely tight schedual etc.) its nothing short of a miracle.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I honestly think K2 is the greatest CRPG made this far, we have never seen such complex story and character interaction in any other western(as in non-japanese) game before.

And if we throw in the conditions it was made under(the insanely tight schedual etc.) its nothing short of a miracle.

High praise indeed.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I finished it last weekend, late at 5 in the morning. :/

I must say, I felt a bit surreal, like having played a different game than in the afternoon. It may have been the usual tiredness, but after reading some inofficial reviews (not those, uhm, "extended advertisements" reviews from people who seem never to have played it to the end...), there seems to be some consent on the follwing:

Korriban, Telos final and Malachor V proved to be quite a decrease in quality as compared to the other locations. Almost no party interaction, the conclusions and the unraveling of the plot scattered into some esotheric babla, the inner logic of the unfolding completely gone, any remaining suspension of disbelief destroyed.

Kreia... initially so belivable a neutral ("grey") Force-User with her own masterplan behind, all of a sudden turned into a boring, simple, evil Sith. Most questions about her remain unsolved.

- What about the force-bond you shared?

- Her teachings in the beginning were contradicting in the end. Some examples:

"the Jedi disconnected you from the force", then later "did you really believe the Jedi could have done that?" ... yeah, right...

- "you are able to live withou the force", yet you use the force on a daily basis...

Sion... I seldomly heard such nonsense blabla such as in the final dialogue.

The Jedi Council members were also contradicting themselves; I found their musings really hard to follow, lest to believe. Also, the questions you could ask did hardly match those things you already had discovered from that Mirakula-girl or Kreia herself. This already destroyed much of the mood for me.

Korriban... it was so interesting in Kotor1, a sci-fi version of BG2s Drow-city in the underdark. In Kotor2 you have only two interesting dialogues on the whole planet.

What the heck is that Mira/Hanrarr scene on malchor V??? What is that stupid remote task about? What the hell are those shadow generators, why wasn

Kreia... initially so belivable a neutral ("grey") Force-User with her own masterplan behind, all of a sudden turned into a boring, simple, evil Sith. Most questions about her remain unsolved.

- What about the force-bond you shared?

- Her teachings in the beginning were contradicting in the end. Some examples:

"the Jedi disconnected you from the force", then later "did you really believe the Jedi could have done that?"  ... yeah, right...

- "you are able to live withou the force", yet you use the force on a daily basis...

Gosh, are you suggesting that Darth Traya, the betrayer, may have lied to you? :)

And the oh so intelligent names. "Darth Traya"= Betrayal. "Nihilus"= Nothingness, those names are so 8-year-children stupid!!! It felt like I play some Dragonballz or such... :/

It felt to me more like a Star Wars movie: Darth Maul (gives you a mauling); Darth Sidious (is insidious); Darth Tyrranus (is tyrannical) :thumbsup:

Gosh, are you suggesting that Darth Traya, the betrayer, may have lied to you?  :)

(...)

It felt to me more like a Star Wars movie: Darth Maul (gives you a mauling); Darth Sidious (is insidious); Darth Tyrranus (is tyrannical)  :thumbsup:

Well, I am suggesting that the PC would have realized much earlier that Kreia actually is a bad girl. But still the PC treats her as a respected teacher... not very believable. :/

And about those names... this is one of the reasons why I completely dismiss the new star wars episodes... :/

Ups. I apologize. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the edit. And above all, thanks for actually reading. :)

Those other parts still make for a great game which almost completely sucked me out of real life! Maybe this is the reason why I am all the more disappointed; it is a disappiontmend on a higher level. I thought I needed to clarify that. :)

EDIT: Phospor: The quotes should probably also be edited ...

I also enjoyed TSL, but it could have been better. I have finished the game about five times. The game feels short to me, I can finish the entire game in about 4 or 5 days. KotOR took me at least 10 days to finish, unless I skipped all the side quests. I also find it a little annoying that things are brought up and never resolved, (ie talking to HK-47 about the copies of him and his explaining he could not shoot them.) I hope a "Gold" or "Special" Edition is released, with all the missing maps and quests. I would like to see th HK-60 Factory and the Droid Planet. I would buy another game to get this included.

There are so many gaps that a patch would not suffice. Perhaps Obsidian should do and sell an expansion?

This expansion should serve to improve Korriban, Telos final and Malachor V up to the quality level of the other locations. They could add the HK-factory as a new location, and maybe also another new location. (For gameplay reasions, the Xp progression should be halved, then).

Such an expansion, I would gladly buy!!! o:)

But, please, no dark ending which involves the player helplessly watching as his comrades are slaughtered!!!

Those CRPGs are all about living and controlling destinies, and in Kotor2, you spend so much time developing and finding the right equipment for your party members. It would be immensively frustrating if everybody would get killed off wihtou being able to influence anything. This would be absolutely contradicting the whole influence system!!!!

Since such games are about choices and influences, I could only imagine something like a choice for a dark ending, if it must then be.

Say, if you are a female PC, depending on your actions either Atton or Disciple would get killed. The remorse would be felt in that way that your could save, and thus you had to decide which one you love, one but not both. This way, you would leave at least a little amount of choice to the player.

Like some other poster said, the dark, cliffhanger ending of EpisodeV was insofar unsurpassed as it actually had an ending with a lot of resolve. Luke and Leia standing before the panorama window (=destiny to come), Luke somewhat shyly laying his arm around Leias shoulders (=personal development to come). In short, there is at least some not-so-dark outlook into the future! (And if you want an example for a bad cliffhanger, go watch Matrix2)

The ending for Kotor2, which was cut, does not come even close to that quality. But it could still be properly developed in an expansion!!!!