[More Cut Content] The Disciple

I posted this on Aurora's new forum, http://www.knights2end.com, but thought I'd post it here as well in case nobody's seen it yet.

As we all know, the Disciple is a boring piece of crap, but it looks like his character was originally supposed to have played a more interesting role in teaching the female PC meditation and force powers. It looks that way to me anyway... recall how the Handmaiden teaches the male PC Battle Precogition and female PCs get crap!

In the dialogue.tlk file, it appears that somewhere in the game you and the Disciple were supposed to come across a Sith holocron - perhaps this was how you were supposed to learn Force Crush and Force Englightenment? As you know the dialogue file is not the most organized thing in the world, so I've just copied and pasted what I found here. Someone else can try and piece it together so it's more coherent. I just added spacing. If you have the patience, you can check this out yourself on page 8458 of the .tlk file. (My comments are parenthesis and in yellow.)

-----

This holocron seems to have an inner peace about it - a calming presence. It may have been an aid in meditation.

This holocron seems to be thick with the dark side - I can feel it, emanating from it, in waves. I find it difficult to tear my eyes from it... it is like it commands my attention, my focus. It is disturbing.

Perhaps it was a relic that aided the ancient Sith in their meditations. If so, it may have much of the dark side about it.

{Wary, the holocron is evil}I fear the secrets it holds will not be ours until we surrender ourselves to it.

{Firm}The secrets it holds won't be known until we meditate upon it.

This holocron seems to have no mysteries that I can tell - it merely wishes a willing mind to open to it, and then it promises it shall open to us. I think all that is needed is one to hold it, then *will* it to release what lies inside.

[GP: Horror animation, then player crawls to his feet.]

{Disoriented}I... feel strange. Not... myself, as if veins have grown beneath my skin, latched around my heart.

{Quiet}It is a Sith crystal. Used in their ancient weapons - a powerful relic, indeed.

{A little hesitant, wants the crystal for himself}Of... course, master. The crystal is yours, by right.

[GP: Horror animation, then player crawls to his feet.]Are you all right? That holocron... its opened. There is something inside.It must be a Sith lightsaber crystal. A powerful find, indeed.

This new holocron - it speaks of battle and inflicting pain. Of knowing how to wound an opponent, both in their mind and spirit. (Sounds like a lesson in Force Crush... or maybe Sion found this holocron and poof - nasty ass Dark Lord of Pain.)

{A little wary, uncertain of its power}The one we found speaks of... strange things, more like impulses. It speaks of a way to turn aside pain, to ignore it - and the suffering of others.

{Wary}It works as the other one did - again, all that is required is listening - and acceptance.

{Wary}I think all it requires is that we... accept its teachings. Though the thought unnerves me.This holocron - it is not natural. It feels poisoned to the touch.

Ones greater than I have fallen to such teachings - there is no harm in caution.

Very well - if it will give us knowledge of the threat against us, then I will do so.

{A little relieved}Perhaps that is for the best. The holorcon spoke of a way of calling upon several defensive aspects of the Force all at once, a form of sudden enlightenment - it is possible that when active, a Jedi would be almost completely shielded by the Force. (Was this how we were supposed to orignally learn Force Enlightenment? It certainly sounds like it.)

The holorcon spoke of a way of keeping one's attention open, so that one could anticipate an attack a split second before it happens - and avoid it. (Maybe this was how female PC's could learn that Battle Precognition Power that the Handmaiden only shows Male PCs.)

Yes, I have learned a meditation technique - a way of achieving one's center by clearing the mind. It is a means by which one can feel the Force around them - and use it to invigorate themselves for a time.

I would like that - it is quite an amazing find. I have already found more traveling with you than when I was on my own. Its workings are simple - but it requires only that we possess it, and that we open our minds to it. To open our minds only requires that we meditate upon it, clearing our thoughts and focusing on the holocron. If you wish, we can attempt to make use of its teachings now.

They are Jedi holocrons - and as such, only a Jedi can open them, I cannot.

Yes, apparently there were storehouses for Jedi artifacts on many planets throughout the galaxy. After the destruction of Ossus in the Sith War, several such sanctuaries were created. Some held dangerous relics, others held many teachings of the Jedi, dating back thousands of years. I fear several were stored at Dantooine, but as you know, salvagers stole many of them.

Nothing as of yet. They contain records, but nothing definite. Perhaps more holocrons can shed light on the Jedi.

-----

Also on page 8523, The Disciple mentions yet another holocron, this one, however, appears to be a Jedi holocron - possibly his from the sound of it. I do not know what it was supposed to contain though. It seems like this scene was supposed to take place after the seige on the Dxun temple, so I went ahead and copied some of the dialogues from the Dxun temple just to put the following cut content into context.

-----

I did not think I would be up to the challenge, but I was pleased that I was mistaken. And that perhaps some of my long-held beliefs are not true after all. I am proud that you have taken me as a student - and your training saved me on Dxun. I thank you.

{Smiling}I hardly think that is the case - but again, thank you.I shall do so. Again, I thank you. It has been my honor to travel with you and learn from you. My only regret is that I could stand with you on Onderon.

It is not important - perhaps we will discuss it another time.

{A little ashamed}The temple on Dxun held many dangers, and I was unprepared for them.

{A little quiet}It was too much for me - at the end. I failed you, and I failed myself.

{Grim, doesn't want to talk about it}I gave in to the dark side, felt its power. And I was tempted. Even though we won, there was no victory.

There is truth in what you say - thank you.

And that is why I am unsettled. Because I think I understand.

Yes, just... lost for a moment.

It is time for us to return to Dantooine. There is one holocron that has been hidden, that may shed some light on things to come. I will show you when we get there - it is in one of the private chambers, well hidden. Come, it is this way. This is the chamber.

{Bends down} Let us go inside. This is the chamber where I first saw you enter the Enclave. Where you told me that you were not here to take a Padawan, but instead, go to war. I still hear your words. They still travel - here, you changed my life, forever. I ask now that you change it again. This holocron is yours. I do not know if you remember it, but I give it to you. And ask that you hear it, then speak to me again. (Hmm... I wonder in what way he asks you to change his life... :) )

-----

Just think, the Disciple may not have been as boring as we once thought. But like everyone else in this game, his character got cut!

Wow... That's deep... If only they hadn't been time-restrained...

WHY LUCAS ARTS, WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

In game, it's an inherent ability that comes from an unknown source. With this, it would have been a Sith holocron, apparently.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Nope... It would have been pretty cool. I think you do get something with Desciple that is some meditation thingy, but I just started my first playthrough as a Female PC.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

I think you do get something with Desciple that is some meditation thingy.

Yeah, and that's called BS. <_<

The Handmaiden gives you a Force Power.

Hey, I meant no disrespect. I'm just really bored...

Should I edit it?

No! In actuality, it made me laugh!

But I'm perverse.

And yes, females got the short end of the stick.

I can edit mine if you're really worried - but I haven't worked out the whole "accessing the Force" thing yet....

Give in to your anger. The evil computer sprites are debilitating your connection to the Force. Hit them with your old shoe, and watch as their home goes up in a massive house fire!

Back on topic:

WHY LUCAS ARTS, WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Geekified Star Wars Geek

In game, it's an inherent ability that comes from an unknown source. With this, it would have been a Sith holocron, apparently.

So, basically, you just get it if you are DS in the game?

But WHEN in the game?

Right towards the end. You'll realize it when it happens. The Betrayer makes herself known.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Bends down} Let us go inside. This is the chamber where I first saw you enter the Enclave. Where you told me that you were not here to take a Padawan, but instead, go to war. I still hear your words. They still travel - here, you changed my life, forever. I ask now that you change it again. This holocron is yours. I do not know if you remember it, but I give it to you. And ask that you hear it, then speak to me again. (Hmm... I wonder in what way he asks you to change his life... :thumbsup: )

I think thats pretty much what he says when you turn him into a Jedi, not the location of course.

Perhaps each person had a specific spot like Mira originally.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Phosphor's reading as we speak.

Not everyone has their spot. Handmaiden was on the ship... then again, I suppose they do... ???

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Phosphor's reading as we speak.

Not everyone has their spot. Handmaiden was on the ship... then again, I suppose they do... ???

I was thinking along the lines of perhaps originally you were always meant to turn all the Jedi as part of the story. Or perhaps there was some "secret" place that you needed to be to activate the conversation.

Stuff gets cut all the time for a variety of reasons so I try not to read too much into it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]