• 30-40
    • 40+

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Im 24 too, we should start a club.

Whats REALLY interesting though is that almost 80% of players are of mature legal age. That gets me thinking that maybe, just maybe its in fact wrong to tone down mature themes in games. Maybe publishers should cut the kids out of the picture and make mature games for the enormous mature audience.

...and Im not talking about nudity and coarse language, Im talking about removing the reality filter and let the grit come through.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

With over 70% being over 19 it puts paid to the stereotypical notion people have that gamers are just kids.

I'm 35 BTW and have been wasting my time with pixels since I was 12. :ermm:

Oh, and once you get past 30 everything starts to go wrong with some bit of you - you have been warned. :) You don't want to know what happens at 50 :thumbsup:

Whats REALLY interesting though is that almost 80% of players are of mature legal age. That gets me thinking that maybe, just maybe its in fact wrong to tone down mature themes in games. Maybe publishers should cut the kids out of the picture and make mature games for the enormous mature audience.

...and Im not talking about nudity and coarse language, Im talking about removing the reality filter and let the grit come through.

You gotta think about it in terms of, we are the original Game Junkies anyways seeing that we first got hooked by Atari, and then "Bam" Theres the Nintendo, and then the rest went on to make history. I still remember those stupid ads about wearing out your thumbs from playing too much Nintendo. I have been playing since I was like three (Old enough to hold the Atari joystick) And My thumbs are in great shape.

But yeah I think that alot of the market should be focused towards the majority grouping, which I can guaruntee (spelling???) you is most likely going to average the same way as you see on this poll here.

I agree with you 110% there, Kaften!!!!!!!!!! :D

You gotta think about it in terms of, we are the original Game Junkies anyways seeing that we first got hooked by Atari, and then "Bam" Theres the Nintendo, and then the rest went on to make history. I still remember those stupid ads about wearing out your thumbs from playing too much Nintendo. I have been playing since I was like three (Old enough to hold the Atari joystick) And My thumbs are in great shape.

But yeah I think that alot of the market should be focused towards the majority grouping, which I can guaruntee (spelling???) you is most likely going to average the same way as you see on this poll here.

I agree with you 110% there, Kaften!!!!!!!!!! :D

i played metal gear solid 1 when i was 7-10 >_< nuff said (and yes i got that free poster in the manual aswell)

a balance of maturity and being young at heart is the true key of being a grown up person.

so basically if you are an adult who likes to have fun then you are a grown up person?

p.s. i like disney movies from the 90's and music from the 90's is the best ever..not just the weird pseudo crap we get nowadays.

so in conclusion the 90's rocked.

p.p.s. my favorite movies are fantasia, the little mermaid, and beauty and the beast and sleeping beauty.

(no im not a girl)

also 20-25

I'd love to see a bit more mature games (RPG preferred)

agree about the coarse language and would like to add unneeded gore, but can i keep the nudity? >_<"

" So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

- Rimmer, Quarantine

Indeed, but given we're talking about the admittedly hastily-released-to-grab-the-Christmas-sales KotOR II, I think it's worth bringing up the major reason that we aren't seeing that kind of thing right now: the profit motive, and selling to the largest possible market. KotOR and KotOR II are hopeful signs that developed characters and stories have a place in popular gaming, but whether they continue to have a place, we still have yet to determine. If legitimately mature themes and stories fail to appeal to the youth demographic, while cookie-cutter non-characters (especially of the JRPG sort), generic save-the-world (from something-or-other; it doesn't matter what) stories, and dialogue that looks like it was written by a 12 year old continue to sell in droves, there will remain little to encourage developers to produce genuine maturity or depth.

The problem, as I see it (in games in general, not specifically in KotOR/TSL, and perhaps least of all among these), is that the best money is in making games in which everyone (but most importantly, youth age 14-19) can feel they're dealing with mature and adult themes, even though they never really do. For some reason, when it comes to games, "mature themes," when they do happen, mean sensationally portraying boobies, death, crime or prostitutes, drugs or murder, while not ever truly asking any meaningful questions, or dealing with any controversial subject matter. And yes, I consider murder an uncontroversial subject. Everyone knows murder in the generic sense is wrong. Portraying it doesn't suggest any sort of thematic maturity at all. Far, far moreso than any other medium, I think games are a gigantically, universally censored medium. Hollywood has its share of generic, action movie dreck, but it also produces really meaningful and mature movies that pushes boundaries or ask difficult questions with a fair frequency. But Hollywood has come a long way since the '40s, when movies were only a couple decades old, and I think games still have just as far to come before they start to deal seriously, with mature subject matter. A dangerous romantic entanglement, carefully developed, is mature subject matter. Shooting a prostitute in the head (I think it should be obvious what series I'm suggesting here), which is the kind of supposed maturity the game industry is more interested in right now, is no more "mature" than Super Mario Brothers. It doesn't ask or answer any questions. It just shows the viewer something obscene.

You're all BABIES!! (w00t)

I'm 38... just like Carth ( :- ). See? It's the perfect age! LOL It is very funny to go over to a friends home and have their teenaged sons come up and want to talk gaming. ("Mrs. T is coming over? Sweet! I can ask her about her Sith Lords DS build!" :ninja:" )