Shoot, I think it deserves it. This game is effin cool. The second playthrough is much better than the first. It is kind of like Napoleon Dynamite. You wonder what the hell is going on the first view, but when you watch it again, you fall in love with everything about it.

Shoot, I think it deserves it.  This game is effin cool.  The second playthrough is much better than the first.  It is kind of like Napoleon Dynamite.  You wonder what the hell is going on the first view, but when you watch it again, you fall in love with everything about it.

if youre trying to compliment kotor2, please dont use napoleon dynamite as an analogy. i hated that movie. :ermm:

Shoot, I think it deserves it.  This game is effin cool.  The second playthrough is much better than the first.  It is kind of like Napoleon Dynamite.  You wonder what the hell is going on the first view, but when you watch it again, you fall in love with everything about it.

if youre trying to compliment kotor2, please dont use napoleon dynamite as an analogy. i hated that movie. :p

Maybe you should watch it again. :ermm:

Yes there were, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts for gba,there were other but i can't think of them now :ermm:"

*cough* PC games *cough*

yeah I know, x-box kotor 2 was released in 2004, so I assume it won for that.

There wasn't **** that came out for the PC last year.

Yes there were, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts for gba,there were other but i can't think of them now :blink:"

*cough* PC games *cough*

Vampire

Fable for the Xbox,Sudeki, Third Age

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yes there were, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts for gba,there were other but i can't think of them now :blink:"

*cough* PC games *cough*

For PC: City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, Sacred.

Okay tell me this. How does a game thats damn near unplayable, has about 1000000000000000000000000000000 bugs, and is incomplete, and spits out MONO music win a RPG game of the year award?....Who hands this stuff out?

Because it's an incredible game.

Just because a a few star wars fan boys decide to hate it, won't change that fact =)

*cough* PC games *cough*

For PC: City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, Sacred.

mmorpg's don't count :)

yes I know I'm being silly. I'm just not a fan of them. I did buy Everquest 2. I didn't see what the big deal was. Why were people so addicted to everquest 1? I need a story. and I prefer an ending (even one as bad as kotor 2- JK it wasn't that bad).

Some of the best RPGs in recent memory came out this year. Tales of Symphonia is hands down the best pure console RPG I've ever played, only rivaled by Suikoden III and Xenogears. Vampire, until the truly bad ending (I played for 40 hours with 1 hour of fighting, and then they make me fight for five hours straight. It got soooo dull, especially for a character who couldn't fight at all) is a superb RPG. WoW is possibly the best MMORPG out right now, since Earth and Beyond collapsed. Sacred mixed the accessibility of Diablo with a huge free form game world and some unique things. Paper Mario had the great humor and gameplay of the Paper Mario series. Kult had that perfect cynical humor.

KotOR II won out, in the end, though. Why? Well, no other game but Vampire had this level of flexibility and roleplaying, and the story in KotOR was deeper and more engaging.

Personally, I wouldn't have been shocked if Vampire or ToS won RPG of the year for PC or console, but I wholeheartedly agree that KotOR II earned it. It was simply better than both (not to diminish the wonderous efforts of Troika - RIP - or Namco).

Oh, and Feargus, I love you in the most homoerotic way possible <3

:blink::)

If there is a reason, other than the enjoyment the mags got from playing the game, it is because there were not that many RPGs released last year on the PC or the console.  So the field of choices was pretty small.  That isn't saying that I'm not proud of the game that we made, but I try to be a realist as much as I can.

Yet another comment I wouldn't expect from the CEO. Not the kind of "our product is undoubtedly the best thing to happen since the invention of sliced bread" corporate gibberish that is so common nowadays. It might not mean much but you, sir, have my complete respect.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Actually LucasArts doesn't pay them eventhough I know it wasn't meant to be a completely serious statement.  There are a few awards in the industry that can only be entered if you pay a fee, like the AIAS awards.  KotOR2 didn't win any of those awards, because LucasArts did not pay to enter KotOR2 into them.

As for paying with advertisements, the cost of advertising in game magazines has pretty much tripled in the past five or six years, so the magazines are not finding it hard to get publishers to put ads in their magazines.  This would mean that LucasArts probably can't really put much pressure on the print magazines with their ad buys.  As for on-line, I don't have as much information about how hard or easy it has been for the on-line sites.

I do know most of the people who are the editor in chiefs of the major sites and they all have a lot of integrity.

If there is a reason, other than the enjoyment the mags got from playing the game, it is because there were not that many RPGs released last year on the PC or the console.  So the field of choices was pretty small.  That isn't saying that I'm not proud of the game that we made, but I try to be a realist as much as I can.

I must say GREAT answer!... umm... if the whole game developer thing does work out for yah, you should really look into working for the UN! Though with games of TSL's quality I doubt you will have the need to change anytime in the near future.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Make more games; don't listen to them! Personally I think you guys do deserve recognition, for in spite of everything I still had a lot more fun with TSL than the original, which was one of my favorite games.

Why does Britney Spears sell millions of CD's?

Not that KotOR II = shallow commercial crap, but everyone's got a diffirent taste about everything.

When Ashley Simpson, AKA John Travolta, had her first record break there was some confusion over how it debuted so high at billboard being that some journalist called around to about a thousand record stores around the country and couldn't find a significant number of the albums to have moved at any of them. It was speculated that the parent company bought a few hundred thousand copies of her album from the label and then redistributed them to stores-essentially inflating album sales by convincing some lemmings that everyone else was buying it.

Could be the same happens with Brits, but then again I asked the kid at FYE if it's really necessary that they have 3 rows of some new celine dion disc and his position was that he has to restock that section several times a day.

Being that Lucasfilm doesn't care about Lucasarts they would never pull a scheme like this, so this wouldn't apply to Kotor2.

It seems that many people didn't pay attention to the dialogue of TSL.

And afterwards they complain about not understading the game. >_<"

If you pay real close attention you can hear these people all over :D

P.S

Have you noticed how everyone who was on the forum before it was released understood the game?

Even if they like giving un-constructive opinions >_<

Even Hades (w00t)

Have you noticed how everyone who was on the forum before it was released understood the game?

Even if they like giving un-constructive opinions  >_<

Even Hades  (w00t)

yes, it seems that neewbies are indeed neewbies :D

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom