Revan in KOTOR III.

Should they have a confirmed identity?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Should they have a confirmed identity?

• No.
    • Yes DS/Male
    • Yes DS/Female
    • Yes LS/Male
    • Yes LS/Female

K3 should be let atleast 100 years from the time of K2. That way Obsidian (or whoever the developer is) won't have to worry about writing in individual stories for each of the K1 and K2 characters. They'll be able to devote this time to flesh out their own NPC's.

then that would piss alot of KOTOR fans off.

they wouldnt do that so they can have alot of money and loyal fans

No matter what they do will piss off atleast some portion of fans. Some gamers want Revan to be female, so if they make Revan male those fans will be upset. Some prefer LS, so a DS Revan would anger them. Some prefer LS, thus a DS Revan would cause backlash.

The safest thing to do is do what the majority probably did, which is play through the game as a male and finish the game with the LS ending.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

then that would piss alot of KOTOR fans off.

they wouldnt do that so they can have alot of money and loyal fans

No matter what they do will piss off atleast some portion of fans. Some gamers want Revan to be female, so if they make Revan male those fans will be upset. Some prefer LS, so a DS Revan would anger them. Some prefer LS, thus a DS Revan would cause backlash.

The safest thing to do is do what the majority probably did, which is play through the game as a male and finish the game with the LS ending.

True, if they had to have a set Revan, then LS male would be the best. But it would be nice if they didn't have a set Revan. And if a set Revan is going to be used in KotOR III, it would have been nice if Obsidian would have known that when making KotOR II, and therefore could have avoided wasting time allowing us to choose different options for Revan.

Official continuity probably states that both games officially ended with the LS endings, but is ambigous about the genders of both characters. Therefore, just make a set LS Revan and let the gender be mutable. It cuts down on a huge pile of hassle by programming in the variables.

If Revan is male, then it should be confirmed that Bastila would be his love interest. Carth would do as well for a female Revan. Perhaps in an early ingame dialogue the exile would be given a special cutscene where he/she decides his/her love interest from KOTOR2, and have that character and that character only return as an NPC late rin the game. That would also simplify matters.

But the problem is, if Revan and/or Exile are meant to be NPCs you can interact with - they will have to have sound files... and you can't do gender neutral sound files.

They can, however, use more than one voice actor for the Revan lines. Just figure out what the character thinks Revan is a'la KOTOR II, then insert appropriate voice here. Ta da!

But the problem is, if Revan and/or Exile are meant to be NPCs you can interact with - they will have to have sound files... and you can't do gender neutral sound files.

They can, however, use more than one voice actor for the Revan lines. Just figure out what the character thinks Revan is a'la KOTOR II, then insert appropriate voice here. Ta da!

Or they could use one of the weird and twisted ideas I mentioned... :p

Pretty good poll and discussion. So many problems with the Exile and Revan's gender and alignment.

Ofcourse I say let everyone choose their own Revan and Exile but both of mine were LS males. But then you also have to deal with the face of both because both of my official guys were black.

Like I said before I think this game should be like a dual adventure that features both the Exile and Revan as the main characters. If not then let us not only choose their gender and alignment but their face as well. As for their voice... beats me.