Revan in KOTOR III.

Should they have a confirmed identity?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Should they have a confirmed identity?

• No.
    • Yes DS/Male
    • Yes DS/Female
    • Yes LS/Male
    • Yes LS/Female

While in KOTOR II attons questions allowed some continuity between the games. If Revan and the Exile (poll to follow maybe) were to have a larger role in the game then it's likely that some sort of final official choices would have to be made.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yes, Darkside Male. Hence kotor 2 wouldnt have been the way it is without him being DS now a female would be stupid. Everyone saw him as a man.

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

According to Lucas Arts and Bioware, LS Male for both Revan and Exile is the canonical settings, but either way it doesn't change the story 4000 years down the road, so it could be any of them.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

No. Too many upset fans. Make fans happier by letting them choose who Revan is.

And keep his/her presence in the game very limited, maybe one scene near the end to resolve any romance issues. Provided the main character isn't the Exile or someone intimately involved in the Jedi Civil War, it should be possible to avoid reference to Revan through the whole game without actually breaking continuity.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

No cannonical answer in KotOR3, Knights of the Old Republic 3 should end the series and light Side should be about saving and rebuilding the republic for the 3rd republic

(1st republic ends in the sith war caused by the original split in the order, 2nd republic sith war to mandalorian war, 3rd republic KotOR3 to possibly The phantom Menace, 4th Republic then would be the Lea Organa Solo republic/ Luke & Mara jade Skywalker jedi Order)

My "solution" from the other thread.

Hey what if you had KOTORIII blue and KOTORIII red ? That would solve it

On second thoughts you would need.

KOTOR III Red Female

KOTOR III Red Male

KOTOR III Blue Female

KOTOR III Blue Male

Hands up who would buy more than one ?

( I see a Lucas Arts exec looking at the Pokemon sales and rubbing his hands with glee).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well they can produce the game in DVD so it can include every possible scenario.

EDIT: Although if the choice about Revan isn't given to the player, I would go for a LS/male.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

KOTOR III Red Female

KOTOR III Red Male

KOTOR III Blue Female

KOTOR III Blue Male

( I see a Lucas Arts exec looking at the Pokemon sales and rubbing his hands with glee).

Eww! :o

KOTOR3 should let the player choose, as KOTOR2 does, even if it doesn't impact things all that much in the end. It shouldn't. After all, KOTOR3 will be about the PC of that game just as KOTOR was about Revan and KOTOR2 was about the Exile. If KOTOR3 is closure, it's KOTOR3's PC who will be the architect of that closure, not Revan, no matter who he or she was...

KOTOR III Red Female

KOTOR III Red Male

KOTOR III Blue Female

KOTOR III Blue Male

Only if I get to trade gizka with those who have the opposite version.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Funny you should mention that I was thinking of a new mini game too...

Please...continue.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

yeah swoop bike underground.

Illegal air racing over Coruscant.

Can you put rims on your swoop bike cos if you can I'm sold :o;);)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Wow... That's just creepy...

I wouldn't mind a game where you were a Dark Jedi in the Jedi Civil War... like an Action Adventure so the story doesn't get screwed up.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

LS male for me. Male because a Revan/Bastila relationship seems more interesting than a Revan/Carth relationship. LS because I think it'd fit the TSL story better, and I'd rather have Bastila and Revan as a lovers than master/apprentice.

That said, I'm not gonna go up in flames if Revan ends up as a DS and/or female character.

By Pidegeon Holing Revan theyd lose some audience. Having a non-gender/alignment specific Revan allows for much more freedom. I'd like to have the player create thier Revan and those choices effect KOTOR III.

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

How about just putting the original poll completely unapologetic (Sp?) on the startup/character generation screen and let that determine the cameos and references in the game ?

Put a skeleton somewhere in start of the game and a provide it with a "Revan" tag. Problem solved :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

By Pidegeon Holing Revan theyd lose some audience.

No more than what they'd lose by letting people customize a Revan that will never actually play a role in the game. That would be really stupid considering TSL just gave him/her another plot to play out and I'm gonna be really disappointed if Revan turns out the way (s)he did in TSL (i.e. that (s)he really did nothing of any significance in the first game and will be doomed to continue doing nothing in any sequels because anything other than an insignificant role will be hard to implement with a Revan without a set gender and alignment). Given the whole "Revan went to fight the unknown enemy" thing that the game mentions several times, I expect to see some closure on that. I believe the only way to get a satisfactory closure on it is the simply make Revan a gender/alignment and stick with it. I can almost guarantee that you'll never see or hear Revan as long as (s)he is customizable (God forbid people will be upset by Revan having another face and voice than they imagined).

But perhaps that's just me. Perhaps other people are perfectly fine with Revan showing up as a generic corpse face down with a hood somewhere (which is more or less what I expect if Revan play a role in the next game and still is customizable).